View Poll Results: Are you owning a Pre3?

Voters
767. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! I am a lucky one.

617 80.44%
  • No. But I would like to.

150 19.56%
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes
    +2
    Got my ATT unlocked Pre3 from eBay in April but just in July I could find a friend that went to the US and brought it to me (in Lima, Peru), so I have been using it as my daily driver for almost two months now, awesome device...as mentioned before, my Pre2 and Veer look so small now that I am thinking about getting another Pre3 as a backup!
    Dell Axim X5 -> Palm Tungsten T -> Palm Tungsten T3 -> Palm Tungsten T -> Palm Treo Pro + MicroSD 4GB -> Palm Pre 2 (Lost it) -> Palm Pixi Plus -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Veer -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Pre 3
  3. k w
    On my second Pre 3. The first one had the volume switch issue but I kept it as a back up. Have had my current Pre 3 over a year. Love the OS but worry about when the hardware starts to decline.
    Interesting to see the total on the poll now that it's a few years since origin.

Only about 550 reporting in on this thread? I wonder what the total production was.

Rare indeed. I'm glad people are using them.
  5. vgg
    I've had an 8GB pre3 from Amazon for almost a year and have just managed to get a 16GB ATT Pre3 from ebay so am currently installing everything on it and will hold on tp the 8GB as a backup
    Quote Originally Posted by vgg View Post
    I've had an 8GB pre3 from Amazon for almost a year and have just managed to get a 16GB ATT Pre3 from ebay so am currently installing everything on it and will hold on tp the 8GB as a backup
    Wow I didn't even know they made a 16GB version (I have 2 Pre3 both 8GB) so I went on ebay and had a look lol there's even an auction where they say Pre3 16GB vintage, haha we're vintage these days.. :/
    PS. If anyone has tips to free up disk space pls do share, I'm sticking with my 8GBs
    Was sucked into Palm when I bought the glorious Treo650, somehow subsequent phones didn't live up to expectations.
  7. vgg
    If my memory serves me correctly I dont think the 16GB were officially released before the plug was pulled by the TerminApotheker - or if they were, it was only for a day - and the lack of space especially compared to the Pre2 is why I've been looking for a 16GB to get my grubby hands on (I also have Android Chroot installed and NAvit and that takes up space). I had released a lot of space by having my music on box.net and streaming the music from there, but until someone manages to fix the login bug that option is no longer there...
    There was a thread where for a fee, someone would swap the memory in a CMDA Pre3 to a GSM one to get a 'ROW' 16GB Pre3. Obviously, that's the price of 2 phones & the surgery. I think it was a limited offer - maybe there was fixed supply of 16GB models available.

Can't be bothered to search the forum myself...
    Quote Originally Posted by vgg View Post
    If my memory serves me correctly I dont think the 16GB were officially released before the plug was pulled by the TerminApotheker - or if they were, it was only for a day - and the lack of space especially compared to the Pre2 is why I've been looking for a 16GB to get my grubby hands on (I also have Android Chroot installed and NAvit and that takes up space). I had released a lot of space by having my music on box.net and streaming the music from there, but until someone manages to fix the login bug that option is no longer there...
    Just log into Box through your browser (and then add link to Apps Launcher if you like?): https://app.box.com/files

New unlocked 16Gb, but still pricey: HP Palm PRE3 16GB Black at T Unlocked Brand New | eBay

Last edited by Mutoidi; 09/25/2014 at 09:43 PM.

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    vgg likes this.
    I've used one for a couple of years now. I got a Verizon one last year, killed it early this year and replaced that one with the AT&T almost-4G. I used my Pre 2 as my backup between the two. I'm now looking for Pre 3's on eBay for backup devices and parts. I still like the phone far too much to consider moving to Android (I spit on iOS).
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    I just recently picked up an ATT Pre 3 16GB on Amazon for $90. I have an email alert everytime there is a price drop. Been waiting for it to drop under $100. I think there were 4 sold at that price.
    vgg likes this.
    It's my phone and i've no reason for change. Webos, for me, it's the best OS for a phone and even if webos falls into oblivion I believe I will use it until the phone explodes.

Perhaps LG will give us a good surprise...
    I love my phone but it's getting older and more obsolete, I must admit it. When Ubuntu Phone will come out, I'll switch to it if my budget allows me to. For now it has bypassable issues for some "basic" features (MojoWhatsup, Facebook chat via Synergy), but the lack of apps and updates (especially for the browser and YouTube) is really starting to be a serious problem.
    Pre 2 (16 GB, dismissed), Pre 3 (8 GB, dismissed), Wi-Fi TouchPad (32 GB). Moved to Android (Nexus 5) in late 2014.
    Quote Originally Posted by WebOSLloyd View Post
    I love my phone but it's getting older and more obsolete, I must admit it. When Ubuntu Phone will come out, I'll switch to it if my budget allows me to. For now it has bypassable issues for some "basic" features (MojoWhatsup, Facebook chat via Synergy), but the lack of apps and updates (especially for the browser and YouTube) is really starting to be a serious problem.
    This.

I'm close to pre-ordering a BlackBerry Classic as a replacement. I think this is the closest thing that matches all my criteria: non-touchscreen only slate and wireless charging.

Just need to see if the Qi is like the Nexus 5 (magnetic coupling to dock) or the Nexus 4 (sticky pad that Derek hates). If it's magnetic we have a winner. Or if the Qi is only on certain models (looking at you, Verizon.)

The magnetic Qi mods on YouTube are very impressive, seems even better than Touchstone.

Actually interesting note on YouTube... I find videos that don't play, but those same videos don't play on Android either, it's usually due to the desktop restriction thing. Otherwise I've never had any problems. The browser is, however, a real problem. SSL 2035 and scrollbars within page come to mind.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    This.

The browser is, however, a real problem. SSL 2035 and scrollbars within page come to mind.
    There is a patch for that! Browser Scrollbar in Preware. But the browser has definitely seen better days.
    Lately ebay has been redirecting webOS devices to the stupid WAP page, and losing the context in the process.. Grrrr That's ebay's fault, but it's still very frustrating!
    Well, we have 4 AT&T pre3's and 3 touchpads. One pre3 has a cracked screen but I bought a replacement screen off of ebay from a place in China. Have not tried to fix it, yet. Had an extra Verizon pre3 I sold to sidotij about a month ago. Yes, I am addicted to WebOS...
    Heh Needs more options. I own more than a handful.
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
    cbosdell likes this.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    On 2011 I went to renew my plan and the guy at Bell told me the Palm Pre is not a good device, so I bought my first smart phone, LG Optimus Chic. On 2012 someone posted a like new Palm Pre2 for $50 which I bought just out of curiosity. It was love from first touch I still remember that ***** Bell representative. Few weeks later, I found a new UK Pre3 on sale for $150 so I bought it. I sold it and regretted it so I bought another used one but it was in terrible condition. I finally decided to let it go and since a year and a half I have used over 20 high end android devices (Never iPhone, I hate it) and none is any close to webos. When I knew about the January shutdown, I quickly went to ebay and bought an ATT like new Pre3 for $130. I have been waiting for it for about a month and I got it 4 days ago
    My first Pre3 (T-Mobile) became crippled after one year of use. I still have it and it works great provided you are tethered to a wall socket. For some reason, it will only run on a fully charged battery for about 15 to 20 minutes, then the screen cuts in half (bottom half goes all black) and starts to act quirky. So, I purchased a second Pre3 which I am using now with the battery from the first. All is well!!! I also own a Veer as a backup and a 32gb Touchpad with ACL on it for the Android side of things (mainly for Netflix). No dual boot. It looked too complicated to do.