Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    Okay so i have preware up and running on my Pre 3 but cant find this:

On Screen Keyboard - WebOS Internals

It says it should be under "Available Packages -> Patch -> Mojo" but i dont have any "mojo" under patches, is there something else i need to install from webOS quick install?
    I *believe* that particular one disappeared/stopped being supported around a year ago, and will never work with a Pre 3. However, there might be one hiding under the code in webOS 2.2 that people will unearth.

Anyone know any details on that?
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    ohh okay, well there is a paid for one so i guess ill have to get that, i dont believe it does portrait mode though
    Quote Originally Posted by rbyrne View Post
    ohh okay, well there is a paid for one so i guess ill have to get that, i dont believe it does portrait mode though
    The paid for ones arent worth it. I believe you have to type in its own app and then send it to the default app or something annoying like that. Would be quicker to just use the physical keyboard.
    Back to webOS with my new Touchpad!!!
    Check Out My TouchPad Theme "Paint It Black" http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...iew-black.html
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    The paid for ones arent worth it. I believe you have to type in its own app and then send it to the default app or something annoying like that. Would be quicker to just use the physical keyboard.
    Oh thank you! saved me a lot of hassle, lets hope for a virtual keyboard then
    Quote Originally Posted by rbyrne View Post
    Oh thank you! saved me a lot of hassle, lets hope for a virtual keyboard then
    Im sure there is code on the pre 3 to enable the virtual keyboard just like all the other phones. But webOS 2.1 kind of did something to make it freeze the phone and crash a lot. I dont know what would happen if it was enabled on 2.2
    Back to webOS with my new Touchpad!!!
    Check Out My TouchPad Theme "Paint It Black" http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...iew-black.html
    Well... The doctor's released and here it is boys:

yfrog Photo : http://yfrog.com/nv77uaj Shared by SeB_or_Sam

I'm no expert so I don't know if simply changing that variable will do the job, but... in case you screw anything up the doctor *is* available...
    I'm also thinking of enabling the virtual kB..given that i'm using a AZerty physical kb. However do note that the 2.2 doctor for P3 is not available as yet...so there are no patches available in preware.
    Quote Originally Posted by daexpression View Post
    I'm also thinking of enabling the virtual kB..given that i'm using a AZerty physical kb. However do note that the 2.2 doctor for P3 is not available as yet...so there are no patches available in preware.
    and the question is, if it will ever be... (I Hope yes)
    Quote Originally Posted by Walhalla2k View Post
    and the question is, if it will ever be... (I Hope yes)
    Yes. In fact, it *is* available now:

Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals

I'm sure some lucky Pre3 owner who knows what they're doing will whip this up in no time. Might be buggy to the point of being useless like 2.1 though. I imagine we'll find out soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychonaut View Post
    Yes. In fact, it *is* available now:

Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals

I'm sure some lucky Pre3 owner who knows what they're doing will whip this up in no time. Might be buggy to the point of being useless like 2.1 though. I imagine we'll find out soon.
    Ahh....my bad.. So now..2.2 is V.keyboard working? let me google it.
    There is now a kernel available in Preware, the original one !
    I believe @errade on twitter (one of the first in the community to get a Pre3), played around with the virtual keyboard settings on his device last week. He told me it was extremely buggy.

EDIT: Found it. https://twitter.com/#!/errade/status/107130880975323136
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    @jason. Is there anyway to get a working virtual keyboard on the Pre 3? if the Touchpad can have a nice looking keyboard working - abeit running webos 3.0.2 I cannot see why the Pre 3 cannot have a working V.keyboard. I might even pay for a working one.
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by daexpression View Post
    @jason. Is there anyway to get a working virtual keyboard on the Pre 3? if the Touchpad can have a nice looking keyboard working - abeit running webos 3.0.2 I cannot see why the Pre 3 cannot have a working V.keyboard. I might even pay for a working one.
    Count me in! I am very willing to pay for a VK! Is there a developer that can make this magic happen? I am certain he will make a good amount of money with it! Please help us!
    I gotta admit, I don't know why people want the VK unless it's to suit their particular layout rather than the PKs layout. I can type soooo much faster using the physical board
    I wouldn't mind a vk, if only to type silently in bed and not annoy my girlfriend!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by mark-dj View Post
    I wouldn't mind a vk, if only to type silently in bed and not annoy my girlfriend!

Same problem! Although I find its usually made worse by dropping the phone- is it me or is typing on a pre while lying down incredibly hard?
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyf View Post
    Same problem! Although I find its usually made worse by dropping the phone- is it me or is typing on a pre while lying down incredibly hard?
    Nah, do it on your side, you can cradle it with your fingers or the palm of your hand (depending on which side you are on and whether you're left/right handed). Years of practice!

Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    I do a LOT of SMSing while on business trips and the constant open/close is a wear concern for me. In fact, it's the reason I never got a Pre/Pre+/Pre2. The TP won me over and I bought a Veer and have a Pre3 on the way, but I've blown out two slider phone mechanisms in the past (HTC and Nokia) and would love to save the wear and tear of all those very short SMS entries with a VK. Put me down in the "please" column.
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    brum likes this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast