webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP Pre 3 > Too Many Cards. Pre 3!
Too Many Cards. Pre 3!
Like Tree1Likes

Old 08/31/2011, 08:50 AM   #1 (permalink)

Just got my Pre 3 & I have just had the too many cards open error. I have not seen this whilst I have been using a Pre 2 & last saw it on the Pre.

I thought that this error had gone with the extra RAM, has anyone else come across this on the Pre 3?

I only had e-mail, 2 web pages, contacts & Spaz open. I tried to open a link from one of the web pages & got the dreaded error.

Cheers.

Palm III>Palm m500>Palm Tungsten T2>Palm LifeDrive>Palm Pre>Palm Pre2>Pre 3 + Touchpad 32gb 3.0.2
richardallen42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/31/2011, 09:06 AM   #2 (permalink)

Yeah I've had that a few times, usually when i've accidentally opened a webpage with 10 youtube vids embedded or something. I found it went away when I left it for a bit. Or you could reboot occasinally.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
Andyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/31/2011, 09:15 AM   #3 (permalink)

A few of us on twitter have come across similar issues, but have yet to narrow it down. Having Carbon open in the background seems to trigger it sometimes and the Browser app looks like another possible culprit, I'm going to start loggin what I have open at the time if it keeps happening.
stickerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/31/2011, 09:20 AM   #4 (permalink)

I'll have to see if it happens again & what I have open at the time.

I was just a bit surprised as it had gone away with the Pre 2. The Pre 3 has the same amount of RAM, so it should act the same?

Palm III>Palm m500>Palm Tungsten T2>Palm LifeDrive>Palm Pre>Palm Pre2>Pre 3 + Touchpad 32gb 3.0.2
Old 08/31/2011, 09:51 AM   #5 (permalink)

I've had that quite a bit over the last couple of days. Not sure what is triggering it but I've been using drPodder and Forums a lot so maybe one of them has a leak.
andyhurley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/31/2011, 10:34 AM   #6 (permalink)

I had it this morning, I thought it was the browser, but it may have been my modified Spotify install which was playing up a bit this morning. I didn't get it when I tested a load of more 'robust' apps, like the built in ones.

By the way, has anyone noticed patches disappearing and appearing? Using Impostah I got access to all 1000 or so patches and apps on Prepare I had on my Pre minus...but this seems to change all the time (most noticeably in my top bar where the battery percentage icon keeps coming and going)

rasputintin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/31/2011, 03:25 PM   #7 (permalink)

No bad stuff as yet, all is well.

Old 09/01/2011, 02:35 PM   #8 (permalink)

I've had that too, it happened when refreshing prepare feeds whilst listening to music. Slowed the phone down for ages before it gave up and rebooted.
string158 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/02/2011, 10:36 AM   #9 (permalink)

Just had the too many cards error again. I had Musix Player (re-mix) playing Pink Floyd, Calendar, e-mail & Spaz open I tried to follow a link from Spaz & that's when I got the error.

So far common apps are e-mail, web browser & Spaz.

I will keep an eye on it & see if it happens again.

Old 09/03/2011, 07:06 AM   #10 (permalink)

Just got the too many cards error again.

This time I had Music Player (re-mix) playing, e-mail open & Spaz. I was trying to open a web page when I got the error.

So e-mail & Spaz are the most likely culprits.

Old 09/03/2011, 01:15 PM   #11 (permalink)

I deleted Spaz for that very reason! I got Carbon instead but this is far from perfect - its not optimised for the Pre3 and caused the too many cards error once. Same with forums, I hasten to add
Old 09/03/2011, 04:04 PM   #12 (permalink)

Been playing about the last few days and Carbon, Forums and the Browser app seem to be the 3 key players for me in tripping the error. If either Carbon or Forums are open for a long length of time, it's more than likely a TMC error will pop up when trying to open a link.

Old 09/03/2011, 06:10 PM   #13 (permalink)

It happened to me once. I also had email and spaz open, plus 2-3 webpages, contacts, calendar, preware and hp apps...
diosif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/04/2011, 06:45 AM   #14 (permalink)

Spaz caused the too many cards on my Pre 2, I use Bad Kitty on the Pre 3 and not seen any issues with that error so far.

Barry
barryb20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/04/2011, 06:45 AM   #15 (permalink)

I am also getting Too Many Cards from time to time. Not sure under which conditions. It reminds me of the good old days of using my Pre- without Uberkernel, Compcache and all those patches. Quite weird, I thought they had added all kinds of improvements in webOS 2.x to alleviate the TMC error.

Max
m-h-k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/04/2011, 09:24 AM   #16 (permalink)

Just had it again. Spaz is definitely the culprit. Closed it down & tried again the error was no more.

I will have to try another twitter app.
Old 09/04/2011, 04:08 PM   #17 (permalink)

There is no single culprit for TMC. I am not even using Spaz nor any other Twitter client. For me it happens after some heavier usage of the Pre3. Could be DrPodder open with lots of feeds and podcast episodes at the same time as Preware and some emails coming in in the background. I also had it happen when accessing some Flash-heavy web pages. Or it could be any other combination. It is really not particularily easy to find a reproducible situation. And I am not even sure that would help.

Max
m-h-k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/05/2011, 01:51 AM   #18 (permalink)

I've encountered TMC only a few times. But with spaz on not only was I getting TMC errors more frequently but its draining battery much faster. I've deleted it for now and will play around and see if there is any major differences in TMC errors (most likely) and battery life (we'll see).
jester3397 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/05/2011, 02:08 AM   #19 (permalink)

I contacted the Spaz developers & this is the reply I got:-

Subject: Spaz Support

Spaz on the Pre 3 is exactly the same as it is on the Pre 2, if you are seeing an increased number of Too Many Cards with the Pre 3, it would be a device issue. I am pretty sure NONE of those involved with the Spaz project have a Pre 3 to test anything out on though. Thanks.

Interesting. Perhaps it is Webos 2.2 that is causing the problem. However as the Pre 3 is difficult to get hold of, I don't think many apps will be tested on the device rather than the emulator.

Old 09/05/2011, 02:09 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jester3397 View Post
I've encountered TMC only a few times. But with spaz on not only was I getting TMC errors more frequently but its draining battery much faster. I've deleted it for now and will play around and see if there is any major differences in TMC errors (most likely) and battery life (we'll see).
The battery draining will be because Spaz is checking regularly & if you are using 3G rather than wi-fi, then this drains battery much quicker.

Tags
pre 3, too many cards

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0