Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree5Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by webOSnomad View Post
    Ha! It's a smartphone, they all do from my experience. Easily solved tho, buy a Power Gorilla, you'll never worry about battery life again
    Looks fantastic...thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by webOSnomad View Post
    Ha! It's a smartphone, they all do from my experience. Easily solved tho, buy a Power Gorilla, you'll never worry about battery life again
    150 quids......I don't think it's a good option for most of us
    Got mine off ebay for less than 80 delivered so keep your eye on that, or the mini gorilla which is more pocket friendly
    Quote Originally Posted by WinstonSmith View Post
    I've discovered you can do with with the Advanced System Behaviour patch, which you can install from Preware or webOS Quick Install.

Patch:AdvancedSystemBehavior - WebOS Internals
    Excellent, I've just installed it!
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    [*]Selecting text - I like the ability to move the cursor in a text field using OPT + gesture left/right. However the 'select text' using SHIFT seems really patchy. It seems to like selecting the word BEFORE the one I've just typed, or a group of words starting a few back! What am I doing wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by soccerbudd View Post
    Holy crap! I've been a Pre user since launch day and had NO idea you could hold down ALT and use the gesture area to move the cursor! That's freakin' awesome! No more tap, tap, tap, tapping for me!

How did I not know this!?

THANK YOU!
    OMG! Me too just know now!
    I already use Pre - , Pre + & Veer, I never thought there is very easy way to move cursor

Edit: To move cursor using gesture area or directly on the screen using press OPT button, it works same. But selecting text using gesture area + SHIFT button seems not as good as you press directly on the screen.

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    Last edited by The Bard; 09/05/2011 at 12:55 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by checkmate View Post
    Excellent, I've just installed it!
    Same here! I was really missing that one! Excellent job!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Follow me on Twitter: @patbateman1612 !
    hi -

is there a way to take smaller pictures with the camera? 1.2 mb is a lot for quick sharing via email!

cheers,
    thomas
    Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    i've just moved from a Pre+ to a Pre 3. my gripes after using it for a week or so (don't get me wrong i love the Pre3, i'm not being negative, just being on-topic!):

- when Carbon (Twitter) sends a notification, I get the Carbon "click" sound as well as the webOS calendar "ding" sound (the same one i get for a calendar notification, which is different from the SMS/email sound). this is annoying and loud. am I just unable to find a setting or does this version of webOS enforce a notification sound in addition to any that an app would play?
    - most mojo apps apart from inbuilt apps like email, messaging and calendar have a black bar across the bottom of them, like they don't know how to scale up to the pre3's taller screen. not sure why that is. maybe not correctly built to scale? examples: Carbon, Preware, ReWeather, SmartRunner, Timer Classic, ... in fact every mojo app that isn't pre-installed it seems!
    - i think this point is related to the previous one. exhibition mode usually launches with the notifications minimised (so you just see a small icon for your alarm at the bottom but no details, for eg.) and tapping on that notification area makes them go bigger so you can tap or dismiss your notifications individually. on the Pre 3 this minimised mode doesn't appear for me. it's just black. if i tap at the bottom (knowing it's there), it does expand to the larger notifications display. weird.
    - there are some apps missing from the app catalogue that i used to use on my pre+. i know this isn't the phone's fault, i assume the developer just needs to update them, but it's a gripe nonetheless! interestingly, when i contacted the SmartRunner developer they were surprised it wasn't available and said that it should be (i don't see it in the app catalogue in the UK); whereas "Notes" by Inglorious Apps is available, yet it doesn't work, and when I contact them they say "Yeah it won't work on the Pre 3, I'm surprised you can even see it". It seems there's either an issue with the App Catalogue, or developers are yet to get their head around how to do this.

there are many more positives, i love the phone. but this thread is for first impressions and niggles
    Last edited by gastr; 09/05/2011 at 11:21 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by tschmidt84 View Post
    hi -

is there a way to take smaller pictures with the camera? 1.2 mb is a lot for quick sharing via email!

cheers,
    thomas
    Don't think so but there is an app called Photo Resizer which does the job really fast and well
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234