1.    #1  
    There seems to be a very limited choice of accounts to use with IM.

I only have a choice of AIM (who uses this anyway?), Google, Skype and Yahoo.

The Find More option doesn't find anything.

Is there any way to use Facebook as an IM account, for example?
    Global Posts
    264 Global Posts
    hey mate,check this thread out....synergy plug in...i have read tthe comments couplte of times,i think it is working on pre 3...including facebook chat,windows live messenger,jabber and anything i have forgot.

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-h...webos-2-x.html
  3.    #3  
    Thanks, good find.

EDIT: Requires Preware though. Not sure I want to start butchering just yet. Too many "bricked touchpad" threads knocking about. I'll wait and see how more adventurous folk get on with the Preware & Pre3 first.
    Last edited by WinstonSmith; 08/31/2011 at 02:53 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WinstonSmith View Post
    Thanks, good find.

EDIT: Requires Preware though. Not sure I want to start butchering just yet. Too many "bricked touchpad" threads knocking about. I'll wait and see how more adventurous folk get on with the Preware & Pre3 first.
    Most of those bricked touchpads to be fair are people overclocking them to insane lvls or not reading instructions correctly.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    I thought with webOS doctor it was impossible to brick? Obviously if you overclock then that may damage the hardware, but I wouldn't worry about messing with the softwade.
    Quote Originally Posted by string158 View Post
    I thought with webOS doctor it was impossible to brick? Obviously if you overclock then that may damage the hardware, but I wouldn't worry about messing with the softwade.
    Well the doctor isn't out yet (I have emailed HP Support about this and heard nothing yet), but once it is out, yes, you should be able to recover your Pre 3 from almost anything. That's how I always understood anyway. I once bricked an Android T-Mobile G1 (and had to run out to CeX the next day to pick up another used G1 - I made sure I got it right that time)...and I can say from experience having rooted another newer Android phone since then that Android rooting has a lot to go wrong...one slip and you can ruin your shiny new 400 device. My old Pre never let me down though...I messed up a couple of upgrades/installations and just simply doctored back to base state.

I would imagine that these bricked TouchPad owners have been a bit silly with overclocking and other hardware tweaks as geekpeter and string suggest. And then there is of course the issue of how people perceive a bricking...just 'cause the screen doesn't turn on doesn't necessarily mean it is now an expensive doorstop, it may well be fixable.

In conclusion: get on with Preware and get the IM support you need!