1.    #1  
    The title pretty much says it all.
    I plug my pre 3 into my laptop and it buzzes & says it is charging, but the pc doesn't recognise it at all - it doesnt even come up under device manager.
    Am I right in thinking that it should just be recognised as a mass storage device?

Anyone got any ideas how to fix this?
    Quote Originally Posted by string158 View Post
    The title pretty much says it all.
    I plug my pre 3 into my laptop and it buzzes & says it is charging, but the pc doesn't recognise it at all - it doesnt even come up under device manager.
    Am I right in thinking that it should just be recognised as a mass storage device?

Anyone got any ideas how to fix this?
    Hi,

on the Pre you should see 2 options, just charge and connect (or similar!) select that and it should mount

Barry
  3.    #3  
    No options were coming up - it was just automatically going straight to charge.

I tried it with a different usb cable and it worked straight away - so must've been a duff cable.
    There should be an icon at the bottom that when you touch it, it gives you the USB option. Your PC wont recognize your phone as a mass storage device just by plugging it in.
    Back to webOS with my new Touchpad!!!
    Check Out My TouchPad Theme "Paint It Black" http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...iew-black.html