1.    #1  
    Am I doing something wrong? Went to copy all from my 8Gb Pre- to my brand new (and otherwise excellent) Pre 3 and my computer told me that I didn't have enough space...and when I looked, my computer was absolutely right, I only had 4.7Gb available. I have quite a few apps...but my Palm Profile had copied across seamlessly and you would expect the new Pre to have exactly the same space as the old Pre.

Right?
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    it's the same for me...though i don't understand it
    I assumed its because a fair amount of space is used by the Os and bundled software

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    What? o.o I have music on my 8GB Veer and still 6,2 GB left. Why should the OS use more space on a Pre3?
    5.7GB on mine, brand new today. QWERTY model.
    Quote Originally Posted by WinstonSmith View Post
    5.7GB on mine, brand new today. QWERTY model.
    Sounds more familiar. I have about 1.5 gb of music plus various apps, and it says 4gb

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by gnangnan View Post
    What? o.o I have music on my 8GB Veer and still 6,2 GB left. Why should the OS use more space on a Pre3?
    Is it the same version? Does it come with the same bundled apps? The screens are different sizes - are any of the files graphics files that would be different due to the screeen resolution/size?
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    Is it the same version? Does it come with the same bundled apps? The screens are different sizes - are any of the files graphics files that would be different due to the screeen resolution/size?
    You cannot tell me that these changes will produce 1,5GB more?