Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    Hey there,

I got my Pre3 today and everything works fine - except Preware. I cannot install it for some reasons. I put it on the Touchpad without any problems. However, I constantly fail to install it on the Pre3.
    I use an 2010 MBP (running Lion) and personally I think the problem has to do something with the Computer. I tried to reinstall the novacom drivers, used Quickinstall and the Preware Standalone installer, but nothing so far. Only errors. I can't reinstall the Novacom drivers and I don't know why. Did anyone of the other Pre3 members experience the same problems?

Thanks

PB
    Follow me on Twitter: @patbateman1612 !
    What kind of errors? I managed to install preware without any problems.
    If you are running windows:
    go to get Get Preware.Org
    download the .exe file
    put Pre3 in developer mode, attach to PC, "Just Charge"

Run the .exe file.
    If any error occurs, restart novacom through the options on the Installer.
    re-run installer.

You should be good to go.
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    smell likes this.
    Not much help, but I didn't have problems using win xp sp3

EDIT: OP said Os was lion
    -- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
  5.    #5  
    If I use the Standalone installer I get:

"Unable to connect to Novacom. Check driver is running.
    Error: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused"

If I use Quickinstall I get the following error:

"No devices connected" and the option to reinstal Novacom drivers, cancel and ok.

Reinstalling Novacom drivers does not function, as I keep getting an "installation failed, please contact developer" message...
    Quote Originally Posted by PatBateman View Post
    If I use the Standalone installer I get:

"Unable to connect to Novacom. Check driver is running.
    Error: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused"

If I use Quickinstall I get the following error:

"No devices connected" and the option to reinstal Novacom drivers, cancel and ok.

Reinstalling Novacom drivers does not function, as I keep getting an "installation failed, please contact developer" message...
    Worked no hassle multiple times for my Pre3. Sorry, I dont have anything further.
    And it worked with a another webOS device? Can you start USB-mode? (just to check that the cable and computer sees the device)

Try downloading the webOS doctor for the Pre2, maybe there is a difference in novacom drivers for the tablets and phones. I do have a TP as well though.
  8.    #8  
    Is there a possibility that the Update to Lion screwed something up?
  9.    #9  
    It worked fine with the Touchpad. But that was before Lion came!
    I was talking Windows. No Apple experience at all.
    Did not know that the standalone worked for Apple.

Sorry did not see that in your OP.
    Can you install apps on the TP after the OS upgrade? I.e. try installing preware again on your tp.
  12.    #12  
    @ Kallisti: Wait a second! Just have to steal the TP from my girlfriend and try !
  13.    #13  
    Ok, it does not work on the TP either... Tried an older version of the Quick Installer as well. Deleted the nova folder and tried to reinstall the drivers, but again the same error. So I suppose it's my Mac's fault...
    yup, seems so.. I'm allergic to fruit-products so I dunno if there is something with Lion specifically that hasn't been fixed yet, but if you have access to another computer or can dual boot ubuntu try that instead. Or wait for someone to fix the tools.. I'm not finding the Pre3 webos Doctor so there is no solution there either.
    Quote Originally Posted by PatBateman View Post
    Ok, it does not work on the TP either... Tried an older version of the Quick Installer as well. Deleted the nova folder and tried to reinstall the drivers, but again the same error. So I suppose it's my Mac's fault...
    No, because I have the newest Lion-Update on my mac and installed preware on my TouchPad three days ago. There has to be another reason.
    did you have old novacom drivers as well or was it a clean install?
  17.    #17  
    I don't think it is the phone because it is brand new. I also have the latest novacom drivers...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    I believe you have to load the latest SDK with the latest nova com drivers to get it to work.

Otherwise the drivers won't install.

That was the case for me on lion at least for the TouchPad (Don't have the Pre 3 yet <fingers crossed!>)
  19.    #19  
    Ok! I guess I find that somewhere on the Palm developer page! I haven't used this method before, but I will try to go step by step using the guidelines on webos-internals.com! Thanks for all the help! I hope you get your Pre3 - it is an awesome phone!
  20.    #20  
    Hm, I started webOS doctor and it also failed downloading the later webOS patches/drivers...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast