Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    You've only got the thing and you're butchering it already?

I'm still trying to figure out how to get my contacts onto it.
  2.    #22  
    Haha, I wanted to get the virtual keyboard on in order to keep the slider as snappy as it is !

I will try to install Preware from another Windows machine tomorrow...
    Follow me on Twitter: @patbateman1612 !
    i had a problem installing preware on my touchpad hd in lion.
    downloading novacom drivers from here [INFO] Mac OS Lion Novacom drivers - xda-developers solved my problem.

hope this helps.
  4.    #24  
    Jeez! Barenomore, you are a genius! This worked just perfectly! Thank you so much and thank you to everyone else in this forum, which makes this community so unique and outstanding! Proud to be a member!
    Follow me on Twitter: @patbateman1612 !
    Quote Originally Posted by PatBateman View Post
    Jeez! Barenomore, you are a genius! This worked just perfectly! Thank you so much and thank you to everyone else in this forum, which makes this community so unique and outstanding! Proud to be a member!
    cheers! glad i helped
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Preware works for me on my TouchPad & I have Lion OS on my macs. Only thing I had to change was the nova com drivers. Other than that, I just followed the basic instructions so it shouldn't be a problem w/the OS.
    I wanna clarify a few details quickly, if ya don't mind.

• WebOS Quick Install most certainly does work with the Pre3. It was tested by various people weeks ago and verified to work by myself yesterday. The only thing that's the wild card factor, is the novacom driver. If WOSQI doesn't work due to novacom driver issues, I can guarantee other installers won't work either.
    • WOSQI 4.2.3 does not currently install Lion-compatible drivers for Mac, though v4.3.0 will fix that issue and will be released in the next few days
    • Mac Lion drivers can be installed from the SDK or the standalone driver download on Palm's page
    • I recommend people not use the driver from the xda-developers forums. That one is being redistributed illegally and is the opposite of the legally cooperative homebrew community PreCentral advocates.
    Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 08/30/2011 at 09:00 PM.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    i'm using ubuntu and i can't connect to my pre 3. i never had any problems with my pre+ or touchpad, but novacom reports "unable to find device", therefore i can't use WOSQI, install preware, etc.

i've tried reinstalling the novacom drivers that i have. not sure where to look to find newer ones?

anyone had some success getting their Pre3 connected to their linux box?
    Same problem with an Archlinux box, waiting for 4.3.0 I guess.
    No problems on Gentoo, used the 64-Bit Novacom from here and WOSQI 4.2.3.
    I'm on Ubuntu 11.04 and installed with this guide Application:Preware - WebOS Internals and it went without any problems.
    It may be your libusb version, from the wiki (this is exactly what I see in /var/log/messages on Fedora 15):

Troubleshooting

If you see in your log file (/var/log/novacomd) or on your screen when you run novacomd from command lines like below:

[2011/8/4 20:10:48] novacom_usb_findandattach_thread:565: usb_handle 0x00000000, bus=002 dev=005 [2011/8/4 20:10:48] novacom_usb_rx_thread:413 -- usbll(00000000) error: reading packet, result(-1), errno 9 [2011/8/4 20:10:48] novacom_usb_rx_thread:434 -- usbll(00000000) reading packet, reads(2), duration(100ms), result(-1), last_errno 9

you are most likely using incompatible libusb version - please read the note about Fedora 15 above and try using libusb-0.1.so.4 from Fedora 14.
    In Archlinux, using the palm-novacom-lite package from AUR https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=48128

novacom -l list my pre3

When I start WOSQI, it tells me that it can't find the driver. What's wrong?
    Using novaterm and installing preware from the commandline did the trick
    Quote Originally Posted by Bokal View Post
    In Archlinux, using the palm-novacom-lite package from AUR https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=48128

novacom -l list my pre3

When I start WOSQI, it tells me that it can't find the driver. What's wrong?
    v4.2.3 looks for the specific filepath of novacom. Sounds like that's a non-standard installation. hopefully v4.3.0 will fix that
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    What is the specific path that it looks for? I can make a link
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    How do you put pre 3 in developer mode?
    Quote Originally Posted by jutleys View Post
    How do you put pre 3 in developer mode?
    same as touchpad, enter webos20090606 into Just Type, afterwards download the dev mode patch/app to show the dev mode icon permanantly.
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    thanks
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast