Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    Today I received my Pre 3 in post, and I must say that it is an amazing device. The display is just so good. I love the construction of the device as well. I think if HP sells Pre 3 through its store @ 300 pounds even now, it is going to be a big hit. But what can be said about the bad policies of H.P.
    Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    mine arrived today too. doing some reading up before i switch over. making sure i've run save/restore, backed everything up, etc.

this is like giving a kid a sweet but saying they can't eat it yet. i'm going to cave soon.
    Congratulations. I wish I could get a hold of a Pre 3. Any suggestions on how I could? I am in India, although I might be able to get a friend in UK to help with the payment and shipping address etc.
    Last edited by Sanjay; 08/30/2011 at 11:25 AM.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Thanks to expansys, I'm now the proud owner of a Pre3 too :-)
    Now I'll just have to find the time necessary to activate it though Impostah
    Proud owner of a Pre 3
    Jealous not-owner of a Pre 3...

Congrats.

Well, the Expansys have nothing now...

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Jealous here too :-(
    pre 3 has arrived in Denmark also. This thing really *rocks* !!!!
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Pre 3 just arrived from Clever Boxes. Already accessed previous Palm (sorry HP webOS) profile and downloaded apps etc. Will check all standard apps and functions are working before loading preware.
    I've trying things out since Friday and so far I've found the following problems:

Solitaire Collection is unplayable as it does not track the card drags properly. Presumably an issue with the new resolution.

PreCentral unofficial just goes direct to the mobile web page so there are no shortcut links. Hence I am now switched over to Forums.

Let's Golf won't load at all but that looks like an app catalogue problem.

ScanCode actually now takes useable pics of the bar codes, just need to get it to do in-phone analysis to make it useful.

There's loads I haven't tried yet but most stuff is just as good or better. We need that update to quickoffice to allow editing though, why should it be limited to the touchpad?
    Welcome to the club

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    I guess all people here paid full price to be proud owner of Pre 3 ^_^.

Unfortunately, even I ordered full price from handtec. My order cancelled. So now my hope waiting Pre 3 on USA. I want GSM unlocked version, but seems no good for me. Last hope is Verizon Pre 3 which launch rumored sept 18th. I hope AT&T GSM version will available and can be unlocked using digital unlock like what I do on my Veer.

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    Recieved mine yesterday! Everyone should get one, any price, it's awesome!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    alonhzn likes this.
    Mine came yesterday from expansys. Love on first sight! I was especially impressed by the gorgeous screen.
    Congrats all new Pre3 owners! Welcome to endangered species club!
  15. MHi
    I've got mine from expansys yesterday, too.

The build-quality is far superior compared to the original Palm Pre. The screen is great and Skype works very well (even in the video-chat mode).
    Currently, the calendar isn't synced correctly with my local exchange replacement.

I think I need some time to memorize the AZERTY layout ;-)
    Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    Mine came yesterday and i really like it. But really HP fix the Touchstone bug already?!
    Quote Originally Posted by kanaka View Post
    Mine came yesterday and i really like it. But really HP fix the Touchstone bug already?!
    What Touchstone bug?
    Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    Once the phone finishes charging it has this habit of disconnecting and reconnecting repeatedly. A bug dating back to when i had a Pre+

I've tried different Touchstone backs and chargers but no dice and now the same issue with my Pre3 leading me to believe its more of a webOS bug than a hardware one.
    I can't believe it! I got the phone, but the screen isn't registering touches! I guess I'll have to send it back for repairs. Damn this sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by naranek View Post
    I can't believe it! I got the phone, but the screen isn't registering touches! I guess I'll have to send it back for repairs. Damn this sucks
    Try let it b for a lil longer then do a reset or battery pull. Sometimes the Pre is updating all ur data from the cloud and it seems hangup there.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast