Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by kanaka View Post
    Once the phone finishes charging it has this habit of disconnecting and reconnecting repeatedly. A bug dating back to when i had a Pre+

I've tried different Touchstone backs and chargers but no dice and now the same issue with my Pre3 leading me to believe its more of a webOS bug than a hardware one.
    I had that on my Pre-, using the same Touchstone but with a different charger on my Pre3 the issue has gone away so it was either a problem with the charger or Pre-. I'll put my Pre- on the Touchstone now and see if it still happens on that to determine which.
    Quote Originally Posted by gregor_lln View Post
    Thanks to expansys, I'm now the proud owner of a Pre3 too :-)
    Now I'll just have to find the time necessary to activate it though Impostah
    I got mine today. Nice surprise as I did not expect it to be delivered to me.
    I am in Singapore. Was expecting it to be deliver from France to UK then to me....

Now trying to read the correct thread before I retire my Pre+ which has random problems with its speakers for the past week...

Already tried it on the touchstone and the phone turns on without any simcard inserted.. Cool

Weeeeheeeeeeeeeeeee..........

Edit: Got my new pre onto my old profile and everything was restored onto the pre3. Sweeeet. Now I got to figure out what to do with my Pre +
    Last edited by yappiez; 08/31/2011 at 10:15 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by HaydnH View Post
    I had that on my Pre-, using the same Touchstone but with a different charger on my Pre3 the issue has gone away so it was either a problem with the charger or Pre-. I'll put my Pre- on the Touchstone now and see if it still happens on that to determine which.
    My Pre- just got full charge and still does the "bing bong" thing, so the problem is either with my Pre- or the Touchstone back cover. Glad to say my Pre 3 doesn't have this issue!
    Got my Pre3 today n as I'm upgrading from a Pre- it's fairly straightforward to use (yet to full explore tho). Very attractive phone which may be a problem as my Pre- got some serious abuse in its life.

Next stop. TouchPad
    Thanks for advice, but I don't think that's the case. I don't have any data. I just took it out of the box, and can't even choose a language. Same thing if I turn it on without a SIM card. I can write on the keyboard to the SOS screen, but it doesn't register any presses on the screen.
    For those of you that have gotten Pre 3, did you pay regular price or was there a firesale that you took advantage of? And just how hard is it to get a Pre 3 in countries where Pre 3s are supposed to be sold? Are they sold out everywhere?

I'm in the US....
    Quote Originally Posted by yappiez View Post
    I got mine today. Nice surprise as I did not expect it to be delivered to me.
    I am in Singapore. Was expecting it to be deliver from France to UK then to me....

Now trying to read the correct thread before I retire my Pre+ which has random problems with its speakers for the past week...

Already tried it on the touchstone and the phone turns on without any simcard inserted.. Cool

Weeeeheeeeeeeeeeeee..........

Edit: Got my new pre onto my old profile and everything was restored onto the pre3. Sweeeet. Now I got to figure out what to do with my Pre +
    Congrats. Which App cat u have access to? Is SG's app cat up n running?
    Another happy camper here! I've changed from an iphone and so far I think the Pre 3 is sooo much better. Best bits: Webos is much slicker; the feel of the phone is nicer; typing on the keyboard (a little tight compared to a b/berry, but ok) much nicer than tapping on a glass. Bad bits: No Kindle app; buying apps I've already bought for the iphone and ipad again.
    Quote Originally Posted by MHi View Post
    I've got mine from expansys yesterday, too.
    Me too! It's a great device, discreet and sexy at the same time, and its non square form factor is so obviously more attractive that I can't believe so many brick slab phones are sold.

The build-quality is far superior compared to the original Palm Pre.
    Me too! :-D

Skype works very well (even in the video-chat mode).
    Wot? Me too want Skype! It doesn't show up in the app catalog, perhaps because I'm in GSM Movistar, Spain. Can you explain how you made it work?

I think I need some time to memorize the AZERTY layout ;-)
    Me too!
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post
    Wot? Me too want Skype! It doesn't show up in the app catalog, perhaps because I'm in GSM Movistar, Spain. Can you explain how you made it work?

Me too!
    Yeah, it's not obvious but if you open the accounts app you can add your Skype account (or even sign up for one which is what I did) and you then get options in the phone preferences and contacts to use Skype. Not tried it yet as I need to get some other family members set up.
    Quote Originally Posted by andyhurley View Post
    Yeah, it's not obvious but if you open the accounts app you can add your Skype account
    Gosh... How stupid on my part not noticing that from the beginning. Now I'm going to apologize here and in the other threads where I've made the same silly question.

Synergy putting me to shame! ;-)
    My Pre3 has arrieved two days ago
    I am more then happy to use it, cause it is much better then the Pre-.
    I can say i am complete for now, cause my TP 32GB works fine too
    My Pre3 has arrieved two days ago
    I am more then happy to use it, cause it is much better then the Pre-.
    I can say i am complete for now, cause my TP 32GB works fine too
    Quote Originally Posted by laoh View Post
    For those of you that have gotten Pre 3, did you pay regular price or was there a firesale that you took advantage of?
    Got it yesterday for regular price, but it was worth it. I am currently enjoying every moment with getting to know it
    I had to pay 199 for mine from Cleverboxes (before the price went up) but I consider that an excellent price for a new smartphone. Certainly less than a SIM free android would have been.
    Quote Originally Posted by andyhurley View Post
    I had to pay 199 for mine from Cleverboxes (before the price went up) but I consider that an excellent price for a new smartphone. Certainly less than a SIM free android would have been.
    Absolutely ..
    used impostah in order to use US apps..
    however no CC to buy anything...
    I was under the impression that US will have more free apps available compared to other countries..

SG was not even an option to select during setting up. Probably this unit isnt intended to end up in asia at all. It had a French kb layout...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12