1.    #1  
    I should get my pre3 very soon... its already shipped...

so I would like to know if there are some steps that I need to do prior to changing the sim card from one phone to another. Im thinking about my palm profile. Is there anything I need to do? Change somewhere something.

or just switch the sim?

And what would happen if I then, some time later, put the sim again in the old Pre minus?

Thank you
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    make a save/restore, do a backup, followed by:
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-s...webos-2-a.html
    then factory reset you pre minus, switch the sim, restore, rebuild sms database, rdy.
    i would rather doctor the old device (Pre minus) before logging back in. The SIM is not the problem, but i think it's a bad idea to share profile from your old converted to 2.2 profile with your old 1.4.5 phone.

But i think after doctoring and log back in with a NEW 1.4.5 profile, you could use your pre minus again, i think even with the old SIM card.

Anybody with other opinions?

[Update] oh well a factory reset as told above is good to, but remember to use a new profile on pre minus.
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    did i miss something? he didn't mentioned that he doctored to 2.1...
    and just for beiing save to get all your contacts you could save them to a .vcf for possible later import, if something goes wrong:

Export all your contacts | The #1 HP webOS, TouchPad, Pre, and Veer Community | PreCentral.net

Here is the tip for the already mentioned Save&Restore:
    Backing up your application data/settings with Save/Restore (Homebrew) | The #1 HP webOS, TouchPad, Pre, and Veer Community | PreCentral.net

For Apps not covered by save&restore just got to /media/internal/.app-storage/<appdirectory> and save all files there. These can be put back after installing the app again and having it started once.

And of course, save your whole USB-Drive when connecting your old phone to your pc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shihatsu View Post
    did i miss something? he didn't mentioned that he doctored to 2.1...
    I think he said he wants to switch from pre minus (i assumed 1.4.5) to Pre 3 webos 2.2. So a profile update to 2.2 will occur which will not be usable on his old pre minus 1.4.5, am i correct?

Updated post above
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    a, now i get it
    i just didn't thought about that problem because my 1.4.5 pre+ will be updated with a new profile before i switch to my pre3 (pre plus is going to wifey)
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    I had a Pre (minus) with 2.1 and i did nothing. I just connected to my profile in pre 3 and after a restart I had all my apps and configuration on the pre 3.
    perfect!