Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes
    If they go to the US, I bet my lungs that they will be almost (if not) full price.
    If HP was going to sell the US Pre3 variants they would have already done so.

I'm afraid they will end up getting destroyed.

I believe the problem is that the US models are branded to AT&T and Verizon (there never was a Sprint variant). And neither AT&T nor Verizon will allow the sale of devices using their brands by somebody else. And neither seems interested in selling them themselves - small wonder now that the platform was fatally hit by HP.

The only way would be to replace the branded backside with generic HP backsides.
    But that would involve a lot of work and likely more expensive than just sending the whole lot to a recycle company.
    Pre -> Pre3 & TP32 -> Nexus 5
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by tholap View Post
    If HP was going to sell the US Pre3 variants they would have already done so.

I'm afraid they will end up getting destroyed.

I believe the problem is that the US models are branded to AT&T and Verizon (there never was a Sprint variant). And neither AT&T nor Verizon will allow the sale of devices using their brands by somebody else. And neither seems interested in selling them themselves - small wonder now that the platform was fatally hit by HP.

The only way would be to replace the branded backside with generic HP backsides.
    But that would involve a lot of work and likely more expensive than just sending the whole lot to a recycle company.

You realize that they are selling the branded ones to HP employees for $75. They are going on ebay for $250 to $350....
    Quote Originally Posted by jcohengd View Post
    You realize that they are selling the branded ones to HP employees for $75. They are going on ebay for $250 to $350....
    ^^ This ^^

It's like a consolation prize/compensation. The guy I bought mine from I actually had a couple of his old PalmOS apps on my T|T.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12