Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Useraid
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    Running Lithium benchmark on both my overclocked (to 1.5ghz) TouchPad and on my Pre3 gives exactly the same result.

116 (FWIW)
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Just shows they're BOTH last gen

(also lithium probably not SMP)
    redmist and Premium1 like this.
    I thought the advantage was more in the battery savings department and multi-tasking, not speed.
    That isn't saying much since everyone knows the hardware is what is slowing webOS down.
    Capt. Obvious says: The benchmark is likely running a single thread and thus doens't take advantage of multiple CPU action of the TP.
    Quote Originally Posted by ckochinsky125 View Post
    That isn't saying much since everyone knows the hardware is what is slowing webOS down.
    I think you mean software, and if you don't then I declare you wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedMist View Post
    Running Lithium benchmark on both my overclocked (to 1.5ghz) TouchPad and on my Pre3 gives exactly the same result.

116 (FWIW)
    I'm the last person to keep up to date with whatever is the fastest mobile cpu out there(normally spend my time on servers and storage). But I did run across this random article while using my TP not long ago

Fujitsu IS12T gets benchmarked, crushes older Windows Phones | wpcentral | Windows Phone News, Forums, and Reviews

Which talks about a new windows mobile phone that beats most/all of the others out there - and the GPU seems to be the same as the Pre3, the CPU seems to be the same model - but clocked 400Mhz slower.

Considering how long ago HP announced the Pre3 I'm surprised the raw specs hold up pretty good even now at least for cpu/gpu. 8GB of storage is not enough especially with no storage expansion options (though it won't stop me from trying to get one). That windows mobile phone apparently has 32GB of storage and a 13MP camera?

Yeah of course hardware speed isn't the platform's bottleneck.. I was just surprised by that particular post.

My Pre- did something unexpected today - it has been disconnected from the Sprint network for 8 months now but it registered a new voicemail on my sprint account, I checked my "real" sprint phone and it too saw the voice mail. I tried to check the voicemail on the Pre- just to see what would happen and I got an automated message saying my account could not be validated. Very strange to me how that notification could of gotten onto the Pre-. I've been using it as a clock on a touchstone for a while now that's about all it's good for as the keyboard doesn't work.