Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1.    #1  
    hi pre3 lucky owners,

    can anyone plz post comments/review on the pre3 video calling.

    does it work with other skype devices?
    does it work on 3g/wifi?
    video quality?
    does it show my skype online status to others using skype?

    a video demo will be nice

    thanks,
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by p25o1 View Post
    hi pre3 lucky owners,

    can anyone plz post comments/review on the pre3 video calling.

    does it work with other skype devices?
    does it work on 3g/wifi?
    video quality?
    does it show my skype online status to others using skype?

    a video demo will be nice

    thanks,
    works with other skype devices
    works on 3g & wifi
    haven't tried video call yet
    shows the skype status online based on your setting in the messages app
  3.    #3  
    thanks for the quick reply,

    please update us one you get a chance to try the video calling.

    can you try it with a PC, it will give you a feeling to the quality + will it accept skype text chats?
  4. #4  
    I have to wait for my wife to get back because I can't chat with myself.

    messaging works well that's how I realized that I had skype - friend saw me online and we had text chat. works like sms. that's also how I found out that it shows my status online. sms went on using both wifi and later 3G

    do other phones work like this? totally cool
  5. Shihatsu's Avatar
    Posts
    84 Posts
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    #5  
    nope they don't. thats the by far most incredible feature of webos - synergy. it is so cool you don't even recognize it - until you leave webos. then someone comes to you and shows you a third party app (whats app) on his android: look how cool it is, it is integrating every messanger in one view. and the webos user is asking himself: WHAT THE **** IS WRONG WITH THIS os????
  6. #6  
    video skype work as well. My bro called me on video skype, but I was at a chinese coffee shop, pretty noisy place, so I turn it off after few seconds. But it works. He thought I was at home.
  7. alonhzn's Avatar
    Posts
    124 Posts
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    #7  
    skype video call with my pre3 works very nicely. Yesterday I made a two way video call from my pre3 in Israel to my friend's PC in India and it was very smooth. Of course the video isn't as sharp as we would like it to be but that's not different from any skype call
  8.    #8  
    all sounds good,
    i'm just waiting to see how will i get a pre3, since most/all sites are not having stock :-(
    any recommendation ?

    i'm still interested to see a video of the video calling , since i couldn't manage to see any on youtube
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by gnangnan View Post
    Skype is integrated in the messaging and phone app. You have to set up a skype account (account preferences).
    Sorry, should have realized myself. Synergy makes me feel dumb!
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

    Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
  10. #10  
    Erm... Silly question: How did you get Skype? Was it preinstalled in your Pre 3?
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post
    Erm... Silly question: How did you get Skype? Was it preinstalled in your Pre 3?
    What pre 3 do you have?
    I had it out of the box on the azerty Pre 3 from expansys.fr
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post
    Erm... Silly question: How did you get Skype? Was it preinstalled in your Pre 3?
    Skype is integrated in the messaging and phone app. You have to set up a skype account (account preferences).
  13. uptherams's Avatar
    Posts
    97 Posts
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    #13  
    Does Skype video work to an iPhone? I've read about problems with a Touchpad and iPhone...
  14. #14  
    Does anyone experience a problem where when signing into Skype on their Pre 3 it just says "unknown error"? It signs in all right, but for some reason it shows this error.
  15. redmist's Avatar
    Posts
    674 Posts
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by minority View Post
    Does anyone experience a problem where when signing into Skype on their Pre 3 it just says "unknown error"? It signs in all right, but for some reason it shows this error.
    I think it's an occasional problem with Skype. I had this yesyerday, but today it works fine.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigcatny View Post
    I have to wait for my wife to get back because I can't chat with myself.

    messaging works well that's how I realized that I had skype - friend saw me online and we had text chat. works like sms. that's also how I found out that it shows my status online. sms went on using both wifi and later 3G

    do other phones work like this? totally cool
    it is unbelievably awesome! E.g. you get an e-mail from smbd and a green dot shows, next to "From:" if the sender is online in skype!

    In your experience does skype eat more battery?

    Kaido
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by minority View Post
    Does anyone experience a problem where when signing into Skype on their Pre 3 it just says "unknown error"? It signs in all right, but for some reason it shows this error.
    did you figure out this problem or did it go away? I get this same error. Also, what do you mean it 'signs in all right'? The error prevents me from signing in.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by everette13 View Post
    did you figure out this problem or did it go away? I get this same error. Also, what do you mean it 'signs in all right'? The error prevents me from signing in.
    Hey everette,

    I now only use my Pre 3 offline (I've turned off data to conserve battery life) so it's not something I've noticed as of late. But I just tried signing into Skype and no error appeared, so I'm going to sort of assume it is gone - wait and see if anyone else replies and says they are still experiencing the problem?

    And when I say it signs in all right, I mean that even though it says unknown error, I'm still able to go into messaging and then buddies and all my Skype contacts appear online, as they should.
  19. #19  
    I am so embarrassed to admit I cannot figure out how to use skype on my pre3 ATT 2.2.4 on which I have already added my skype account under system/accounts ...I can't figure out what to do to use this for SMS (text messages) ...also, I would like to see if I can make video calls or video chats ...is there a simple-minded (for my simple mind) wiki to lead me to this like a bull with a nose ring??
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by patapoof View Post
    I am so embarrassed to admit I cannot figure out how to use skype on my pre3 ATT 2.2.4 on which I have already added my skype account under system/accounts ...I can't figure out what to do to use this for SMS (text messages) ...also, I would like to see if I can make video calls or video chats ...is there a simple-minded (for my simple mind) wiki to lead me to this like a bull with a nose ring??
    Go to Messaging > Buddies

    If you have already added Skype contacts it will show them on that list, and if they are online click on them and on the next window, on the top right corner you can select the way you want to contact them: google, skype, yahoo, etc.

Posting Permissions