Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    When can we expect so see these? my Pre 3 barely last 13 hours, which isn't acceptable for me unless I have a spare battery.
    So Pre 3 can't use legacy pre battery?... This isn't good at all. Need to buy extra battery again

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bard View Post
    So Pre 3 can't use legacy pre battery?... This isn't good at all. Need to buy extra battery again

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    This new battery is slightly larger.
    Anybody know where we can spare batteries for the Pre 3 ?
    Anders
    for now you can use the plug in external type made VERY common by the iphone. They are cheap but not as elegant as a straight swap

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    That's not very good. Where is the USB slot located? Is it at the side like Pre-/Pre+ (I don't know about Pre 2, never seen one in the wild..and that's a while other conversation)?
    Its on the right side in the middle when you look at the phones front side (Screen).

Anders
    so Veer lasts longer than pre3 does, funny
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by pseudofilosofen View Post
    Its on the right side in the middle when you look at the phones front side (Screen).

Anders
    Oh...that is the worst possible position for a micro usb battery charger. Most other phones you can attach the bottom and bung in your jacket pocket.

There must be a stock of official spare batteries to sell somewhere.
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    Carrying a microusb external charger is hardly a solution
    Quote Originally Posted by rashad1 View Post
    I agree...iPhone users have to do it because Apple don't want them to change the battery themselves, but HP must have manufactured a few extra batteries to sell...as, erm, extra batteries.

Question is, where are they? If I had a Samsung or HTC and couldn't get the official batteries I could just jump on eBay or Amazon Marketplace where the same factory that made the official batteries is churning out third-party versions for a tenner or less. I can't really see a market in producing batteries for a phone that only about 200 people own so I suppose it's HP or nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by rashad1 View Post
    It is if you own an iphone... And a lot of people do.

Actually, battery life is better than the pre and plus I used to have. Is there a particular reason you are away from power all day?. I have a touchstone on my desk & 2 @ home so never get below 40%.

Hopefully HP gets some stock of batteries eventually otherwise we're screwed after a year or 2 anyway.

By the way, these are some of the externals I could find...not good considering the location of the USB port, it's hard enough charging my Pre- without a touchstone

PINES Rechargeable Backup Battery Pack for Mobile: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

BRAND NEW 1900MAH MICRO USB HIGH QUALITY EMERGENCY: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics
    You know that verizon USA is selling touchstones for US$4.97 each. Best deal I could find so I bought 2 more.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/touch...-charger.shtml

Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    so my Pre 3 has been unplugged for 6 hours thus far, its seen light use. Texting, 15 minutes of browsing, maybe 30 minutes of music playing, and its already down to 53%
    I just googled for Pre3 batteries and came up with this from a UK based seller at GBP 6.80 (about USD 11.15).

Pre 3 Battery

I'm not too sure if these are a match as they have a generic picture for all batteries that they sell and when you click on details you come up with nothing. Maybe one of the UK based members here could give them a call.

What's interesting is that they even advertise a Touchpad battery.

BTW could someone post pics of the OEM Pre3 battery in comparison to a Pre2/Pre battery so we can get an idea on how different the two are. I have not laid my hands on a Pre3 yet so I was just curious.
    HS Visor + GSM Module -> Treo 180 -> 270 -> 270LE -> 600 -> 650 -> 680 -> Pre"-" -> Pre 2

TP & Pre 3-> still looking for them
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    so Veer lasts longer than pre3 does, funny
    lower clocks, smaller screen to light up. smaller battery sure but yeah...
    Just ordered a Pre3 battery from m-99 as mentioned above by treo_knight. Thanks for the tip!

I'll let you know how it works out!
    I was going to get a pre3.... :'(

But AT&T cancelled it because of HP dropping hardware development

-- Sent from my Palm TouchPad using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Smith View Post
    Just ordered a Pre3 battery from m-99 as mentioned above by treo_knight. Thanks for the tip!

I'll let you know how it works out!
    You're braver than me...I've emailed them (sales@m-99.co.uk) to see if it definitely is the real mccoy or if they are just legacy Pre batteries.

I don't know why HP decided to change form factor for the batteries, Mugen Power seemed to be ok making a 1400mAh battery for the original Pre (ok, I know in reality it was 1350mAh but that's still 100 mAh more than Pre 3's bigger battery

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast