Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 107
Like Tree4Likes
  1. #81  
    Just got my spare battery and spare charger today for $197.00



    -- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Last edited by vasekvi; 10/18/2011 at 09:21 PM.
    circadia likes this.
  2. #82  
    The eurostore is now showing spare batteries for pre3. Someone tried to order them already?

    HP Pre 3 Sim Free AZERTY 8GB - Palm Accessories

    Edit:Sorry they are out of stock
  3. #83  
    Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    :drool:

    I wish they made a spare charger. Someone with enough ingenuity on here has to make a way to charge these using an existing charger. Someone please step up!

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Just FYI - these chargers are everywhere for just about no money. So they already exist and are widely distributed.

    Amazon.com: Universal Battery Charger: Cell Phones & Accessories
  4. #84  
    Quote Originally Posted by renater View Post
    The eurostore is now showing spare batteries for pre3. Someone tried to order them already?

    HP Pre 3 Sim Free AZERTY 8GB - Palm Accessories

    Edit:Sorry they are out of stock
    Wrong link, but yes, they are out of stock.

    HP Replacement Battery for Pre 3 - Palm Accessories
    [ everythingsablur ]

    Palm lineage:
    PalmPilot Pro -> PalmPilot Pro w/ 2MB OS 3 upgrade -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Handspring Visor Prism -> Handspring Visor Prism w/ VisorPhone -> ... (the long hiatus) ... -> HP TouchPad & HP Pre 3 (AT&T)
  5. #85  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigcatny View Post
    Just FYI - these chargers are everywhere for just about no money. So they already exist and are widely distributed.

    Amazon.com: Universal Battery Charger: Cell Phones & Accessories
    Thanks for the post but the contacts on this charger wont reach the pins on the pre3 battery, of which there are five.

  6. #86  
    here is an ebay seller for batteries. 4 available. $65 shipped is steep.

    OFFICIAL HP Pre 3 SMARTPHONE VERIZON AT&T 3G 4G BLACK 16GB BATTERY BRAND NEW | eBay
  7. ehosey2's Avatar
    Posts
    309 Posts
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    #87  
    That's the same seller I bought my spare Pre 3 battery from last weekend. It was just under $55.00 shipped.
  8. #88  
    im just gonna wait to get another spare when mugen releases it. two batteries works for me for now.
  9. #89  
    $60 USD is an awful lot for a battery. 100% rarity mark up. Ugh.

    Still, considering battery life on the Pre3 is "just ok" in my 1-2 days of use, I can see the want for another battery. How do you keep two batteries charged; just continually cycle them into the phone to charge/discharge? Or are you holding one in reserve for when the current battery gives up the ghost in a couple years?
    [ everythingsablur ]

    Palm lineage:
    PalmPilot Pro -> PalmPilot Pro w/ 2MB OS 3 upgrade -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Handspring Visor Prism -> Handspring Visor Prism w/ VisorPhone -> ... (the long hiatus) ... -> HP TouchPad & HP Pre 3 (AT&T)
  10. #90  
    Quote Originally Posted by everythingsablur View Post
    $60 USD is an awful lot for a battery. 100% rarity mark up. Ugh.

    Still, considering battery life on the Pre3 is "just ok" in my 1-2 days of use, I can see the want for another battery. How do you keep two batteries charged; just continually cycle them into the phone to charge/discharge? Or are you holding one in reserve for when the current battery gives up the ghost in a couple years?
    I charge the spare battery in the spare phone. When I leave the house I have a fully charged spare. I rotate them. I let one battery completely die before I swap, unless I am going to be somewhere where I know I will need uninterrupted use of my phone, like when taking lecture or sermon notes. I had a total of 6 batteries when I had my Pre2 because of the centro and pre plus before it.
  11. #91  
    Mugen said on facebook today "3-4 weeks" for their Pre3 extended-life battery. If I'm going to send anyone anything close to $65 for a battery it'll be them.
  12. #92  
    Quote Originally Posted by rboerger View Post
    Mugen said on facebook today "3-4 weeks" for their Pre3 extended-life battery. If I'm going to send anyone anything close to $65 for a battery it'll be them.
    This

    Sent from my HP Touchpad using Tapatalk
  13. ehosey2's Avatar
    Posts
    309 Posts
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    #93  
    I just received my Official HP Pre 3 battery from ebay. It's brand new and seems very good. Dr. Battery is reporting 1218mAh and it has charged fine. I got it for just under $55.00 shipped.
  14. hsukirk's Avatar
    Posts
    109 Posts
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    #94  
    Pity they do not post to UK.
  15. #95  
    Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    Thanks for the post but the contacts on this charger wont reach the pins on the pre3 battery, of which there are five.

    Click to view quoted image
    you don't need to touch all the posts just the two responsible for charging the batteryy. That said, I know a lot of people that use them but it makes me nervous.
  16. #96  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigcatny View Post
    you don't need to touch all the posts just the two responsible for charging the batteryy. That said, I know a lot of people that use them but it makes me nervous.
    I read the reviews on that charger and many say it is very slow and one person reported a burned up battery. That could be user error but I wouldn't risk it on such a hard to get battery.

    And I still don't know how you'd get the contacts to touch since they are not as exposed like on typical cellphone batteries.

    Lastly, I wouldn't want a charger with just 2 contact points as I would want the charger to read the battery's chip.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
  17. #97  
    I charge the spare battery in the spare phone. When I leave the house I have a fully charged spare. I rotate them. I let one battery completely die before I swap, unless I am going to be somewhere where I know I will need uninterrupted use of my phone, like when taking lecture or sermon notes. I had a total of 6 batteries when I had my Pre2 because of the centro and pre plus before it.
    You should never let a li-ion battery die completely, they take damage if you do so. Li-ion batteries should be on the charger as often as possible, the max number of charges per battery are full charge-cycles, charging early does not decrease the capacity or lifetime of the battery. Letting it die does.


    -- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
  18. #98  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pulp View Post
    You should never let a li-ion battery die completely, they take damage if you do so. Li-ion batteries should be on the charger as often as possible, the max number of charges per battery are full charge-cycles, charging early does not decrease the capacity or lifetime of the battery. Letting it die does.


    -- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    when i had pre+, i used to keep it on touchstone, or plugged to the charger. after 6 months later, now i have a pre + with a battery life of less than 8 hours!
  19. #99  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pulp View Post
    You should never let a li-ion battery die completely, they take damage if you do so. Li-ion batteries should be on the charger as often as possible, the max number of charges per battery are full charge-cycles, charging early does not decrease the capacity or lifetime of the battery. Letting it die does.


    -- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    I see this now. Thought it was better to drain all the way. Here's an article I referenced. I suppose if I can I'll swap batteries at 25%. Any less than that will take more batteries. I had many batteries for my other Pre phones and let them fully discharge and they held out but I'll try not letting these fully discharge since these are hard to get.

    http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/a...ased_batteries

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
  20. #100  
    best thing since sliced bread ...charges all kindsa batteries and has accessory usb 5v on it so you can tricle-charge&use your fone while the second battery charges simultaneously...

    Intellicharger Universal Battery Charger | eBay
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions