Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    Hope a Mugen 1500 mAh battery will not require another bulky back cover, like it was the case with Seido extended batteries for the Treo's once.. This would make the phone look silly in my perspective..
    Quote Originally Posted by apeka53 View Post
    Hope a Mugen 1500 mAh battery will not require another bulky back cover, like it was the case with Seido extended batteries for the Treo's once.. This would make the phone look silly in my perspective..
    Highly doubt it. Going from 1250 or whatever the pre3 battery is to 1500 can be done in the same size. If they were to make a bullky battery that would require a new door I would think it would be 1800 or more. But as few pre3s as there are I would be surprised to see a thicker battery and door.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    This is sweet news. Really praying it is legit & same size as current.
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
    I can't imagine HP designing a brand new battery just for the Pre 3 really, usually these batteries are just off the shelf designs.

3.7V is a pretty standard voltage for Li-Polymer batteries, so is 1230mAH for capacity. The Wildfire S and BlackBerrry 9860 both use the same spec'ed battery. Thing is the 5-pin connector. Most phones only have 3-pin or 4-pin connector.

Samsung was the one that made the Centro and Pre batteries, I wouldn't be surprised if this was also a Samsung one that is compatible, we just need the right part number.
    Last edited by ToniCipriani; 10/08/2011 at 02:42 PM.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    1500mAH Pre 3 battery should be great! I will surely buy that battery if already available to buy.
    For now set the email 30 minutes sync. I'm quite surprise with the result. Pre 3 battery life can significantly last longer. I use same way for my Veer & Pre+ CDMA. And never have result as good as on Pre 3.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    My battery life so far is less than stellar, but I think it's due to Skype.
    Someone posted a battery for sale:

OFFICIAL HP Pre 3 SMARTPHONE VERIZON AT&T 3G 4G BLACK 16GB BATTERY BRAND NEW | eBay

Bet they bought them at the HP store for a buck...
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

I just bought a spare battery and charger for $197.00 shipped! But the spare charger happens to be a 16GB Pre3 for AT&T.

No kidding, if you can get a battery, back cover, cable, AC charger AND phone (which can be an extra charger) for $200, it seems like a good call.

PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    I bought one of the 4 Pre 3 batteries that were for sale. Kinda pricey for a battery but I can't yet justify another Pre 3 purchase at this point. I just received mine a couple days ago to go along with my growing Web OS family of a FrankenPre 2 and Veer.
    Quote Originally Posted by ehosey2 View Post
    I bought one of the 4 Pre 3 batteries that were for sale. Kinda pricey for a battery but I can't yet justify another Pre 3 purchase at this point. I just received mine a couple days ago to go along with my growing Web OS family of a FrankenPre 2 and Veer.
    Yeah I didn't just want a spare better, I wanted a charger for it too. Coming from a Pre2 having 3 spare batteries and a spare charger, I didn't want to go through the trouble of charging all the spares with one phone. Who knows how long spare batteries will take to hit the market, let alone a spare charger. A spare Pre3 was the only way.

What's the amperage of the Pre3 charger? During the TouchPad firesale, I ordered an extra AC adapter. My Pre3 is in transit still. I don't suspect that they are the same since the TouchPad requires 2000 mAh, which seems like an awful lot for a phone, though I could be wrong.

All my BlackBerry chargers (I have many) are 500 or 750 mAh. Figure these would probably do fine for spare non-TouchStone chargers if the amperage matches up.
    [ everythingsablur ]

Palm lineage:
    PalmPilot Pro -> PalmPilot Pro w/ 2MB OS 3 upgrade -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Handspring Visor Prism -> Handspring Visor Prism w/ VisorPhone -> ... (the long hiatus) ... -> HP TouchPad & HP Pre 3 (AT&T)
    Pre 3 charger is 1000mAh, same as the other webOS phone chargers
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post

OFFICIAL HP Pre 3 SMARTPHONE VERIZON AT&T 3G 4G BLACK 16GB BATTERY BRAND NEW | eBay

Weird, my battery is completely unbranded...
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewhime View Post
    Out of your phone new in box?

Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    Pre 3 charger is 1000mAh, same as the other webOS phone chargers
    Thanks!

I will have to plug it in to my assortment of various micro USB chargers to see if any of them can charge it. If I really end up falling head over heels for the Pre3, who knows... I might need to seek out a "spare battery and charger with free phone" as well.
    [ everythingsablur ]

Palm lineage:
    PalmPilot Pro -> PalmPilot Pro w/ 2MB OS 3 upgrade -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Handspring Visor Prism -> Handspring Visor Prism w/ VisorPhone -> ... (the long hiatus) ... -> HP TouchPad & HP Pre 3 (AT&T)
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    How much do you all think Mugen's battery will be?? Wondering if it would be a decent investment to just get this: OFFICIAL HP Pre 3 SMARTPHONE VERIZON AT&T 3G 4G BLACK 16GB BATTERY BRAND NEW | eBay. What do you guys think?
    I wouldn't pay that much for a standard battery.
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewhime View Post
    Pull it out and flip it over. The design of the Pre 3 when installed the label side faces inward.

Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post

More likely they got it out of the garbage can at Palm.

Look closely at the pictures.
    1st - No date code. All production batteries have date codes because Li-Ion batteries have a useful life of about two years.
    2nd - The battery says not for resale. Indicates it may be an early prototype battery. Probably worn out by now from testing.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast