Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    How hard can it be to make this battery? It's the same 3.7V Li-Ion battery every other phone in the world uses. Just have to make the size and connectors fit.
    Worst case scenario - I'll buy the common BP4L for Nokia, peel it open and shove it in my Pre3 battery when it dies.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LevSer View Post
    I've read about the poor battery life of the Pre 3 but I haven't been able to find a way to get a hold of a spare battery for my soon to be smartphone. However, I found this: Rechargeable li-ion battery for HP Palm Pre 3

Do you think there is any chance that the pre|central store stocks up something like this if there are available suppliers..?
    I get a whole day day with Pre3 so am not bothered like I was with Pre-
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    so Veer lasts longer than pre3 does, funny
    Smaller screen and lower resolution and close to half the processor speed.

Quote Originally Posted by alonhzn View Post
    How hard can it be to make this battery? It's the same 3.7V Li-Ion battery every other phone in the world uses. Just have to make the size and connectors fit.
    Worst case scenario - I'll buy the common BP4L for Nokia, peel it open and shove it in my Pre3 battery when it dies.
    Not sure its worth risking a dead Pre3, especially for us who are getting the AT&T version.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    So i always knew the battery wasn't the longest in the world - today I managed to only get 2 hours of battery life of podcast playback over Bluetooth - pretty sad - wish there was a larger batter or some more power efficient settings ...
    Pre 3 QWERTY, The Veer, GSM Pre 2 and GSM Pixi Plus - 64GB White TouchPad and 32GB Black TouchPad
    Today is my first day with a pre 3. I am going out in a bit and am interested to see battery life. Crossing my fingers it'll make it til the morning!
    If you make your touchpad your default email device will your Pre3 last? I find with my Pre 2 that I had more than enough til I sleep when I started using the Touchpad for email.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    <threads merged>
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    Smaller screen and lower resolution and close to half the
    Not sure its worth risking a dead Pre3, especially for us who are getting the AT&T version.
    imagine having your device last only a couple of hours, and there is no substitute battery available to buy. would you still not risk it?
    imagine having your device last only a couple of hours, and there is no substitute battery available to buy. would you still not risk it?
    No I'm going to get one of those lame external chargers until I could get my hands on a spare. I would also make changes to email sync frequency and so forth to optimize battery life

Sent
    from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    good answer...
    BTW, is there a "lame" card reader that can be connected to the pre?
    Just got an email response from Mugen about making a battery for the Pre 3.

"Thank you for your email!

sure we will! This model stil processing at the moment, will come out within 2 months.

Please contact me if you need any additional info.

Best Regards,

Jan"
    Quote Originally Posted by Vociferous View Post
    Just got an email response from Mugen about making a battery for the Pre 3.

"Thank you for your email!

sure we will! This model stil processing at the moment, will come out within 2 months.

Best Regards,

Jan"
    Give us a link or email address so we can show them our interest.

Quote Originally Posted by alonhzn View Post
    good answer...
    BTW, is there a "lame" card reader that can be connected to the pre?
    Not unless the microusb port supports it like the touchpad

-- Sent from my Palm Pre 2 using Forums
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    Give us a link or email address so we can show them our interest...
    Just sent an email myself... MUGENBATTERY.COM CONTACT

Contact us

Please feel free to contact us anytime, before or after a purchase or with any general questions or concerns you may have. We can be reached by e-mail or in writing. Please note when contacting us always provide pertinent information. If you are interested in buying multiple items, please contacts us so we could give you our best pricing. Contact us:

By e-mail:
    Please address all questions: customerservice@mugenbattery.com

By post mail:
    MugenBattery.com
    P.O. BOX 473314
    Aurora, CO 80047-3314

By phone:
    303-337-7398
    ukdoc likes this.
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    I also asked about the availability of an extended Pre 3 battery.

'Sent an email to Mugen earlier today, got a response about a half hour ago.

Dear XXX,

Thank you for your email!

This battery under processing at the moment! Will ready within 2 months!

Best Regards,

Jan
    Just sent a follow up email asking about what the extended battery's capacity is going to be (in mAh). I'll post their response as soon as I get it.

(Mugen Power - etradeasiacs@gmail.com, for those of you who also want to shoot them an email)
    Peace, Freedom, Prosperity.

If you have a complaint/request relating to webOS please use the Feedback & Feature Requests Form at the official site.
    Just sent my request as well. Hopefully if they see the interest they will follow through.
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Yup, no go from M-99...

Unfortunately the product/s*ordered from*our website (or via an affiliate companies website) is/are currently out of stock with both us and our network of suppliers. As the product/s will not be available*in the*near future your order was therefore cancelled.
    Your credit / debit card has not been charged for this order.
    Approx due date for more stock of this/these product/s*: Currently unknown
    Regards / apologies,
    Sales Team
    M99
    www.M-99.co.uk
    Tip, I set my email to only pull new mail once every 6 hours and to only keep 1 day's email on the device. If I need to review email more often than that, it sytncronizes when I open the mail app.

My battery lasts all day into the night unless I'm streaming stuff. 2 hours is about the limit for continuous streaming. Tough to make it through an entire baseball or football game. Touchstones in every car, on my nightstand, and at both home and work offices. That's 6 Touchstones. Thank you Verizon for the $4.99 Touchstones
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Mugen emailed me back about the capacity of the new battery - they said 1500mAh.
    Hello,

Mugen is currently working on the developing the extended 1500mAh battery for HP Pre3. We do not know the exact date the batteries would be ready but it should be in the near future.

Thank you,
    Alex
    MugenBattery.com
    Quote Originally Posted by anseld1986 View Post
    Mugen emailed me back about the capacity of the new battery - they said 1500mAh.
    :drool:

I wish they made a spare charger. Someone with enough ingenuity on here has to make a way to charge these using an existing charger. Someone please step up!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    brum likes this.
    I too have emailed mugen and have gotten the *exact* same reply:

Hello,

Mugen is currently working on the developing the extended 1500mAh battery
    for HP Pre3. We do not know the exact date the batteries would be ready but
    it should be in the near future.

Thank you,
    Alex
    MugenBattery.com
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast