Results 1 to 20 of 20
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By c_legaspi
  • 1 Post By Greyfish7
  1.    #1  
    im going to wait for the fiasco to settle down. im in no hurry to pay for it full price especially since the apps are very limited. who knows, maybe by then the 16g pre 3 will come or maybe hp might realize that without it being deeply discounted, the demand for the pre 3 isnt really that high.

    as with most, im just dissappointed with hp handling of the whole situation and would like them to sell the phone to whom ever is willing to pay.

    who here is willing to pay full price? who is willing to pay at a reasonable discounted price ($150-300) and who is just waiting for the firesale price (below $150)

    my price range that i will by at is about $250
    VCI_Cell likes this.
  2. #2  
    I was happy to pay 250, it was very reasonable. Good phone

    Course I'd be happy to pay less but then who wouldn't.

    As for HP, it appears they sold everything already.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
  3. #3  
    Waiting for the dust to settle is certainly a good strategy.
  4. rhp525i's Avatar
    Posts
    11 Posts
    Global Posts
    272 Global Posts
    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnygewitter View Post
    Waiting for the dust to settle is certainly a good strategy.
    At this point, what else is there to do? Ebay is selling them at upwards of $740. For a phone with a limited app catalog, the eloquent OS by itself doesn't justify the price. Or does it...
  5. #5  
    $740 is a bit ridiculous of a price but sellers can ask whatever they want. What surprises me is the person who would pay that.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by rhp777 View Post
    At this point, what else is there to do? Ebay is selling them at upwards of $740. For a phone with a limited app catalog, the eloquent OS by itself doesn't justify the price. Or does it...
    I'm sure the prices on ebay will go down once the buying frenzy lost it's momentum.
  7. #7  
    I thought about waiting to see what happens....but have decided to secure myself one now at $304AUD...much better than the current eBay prices. I will still look out for something in the firesale....but my fear was missing the firesale due to timezone differences or work, etc. So now I have secured one, even if it does have an AZERTY keyboard and is only 8GB. I agree that 16GB would be better though.
  8. #8  
    re: current Pre 3 ebay prices: yesterday a QWERTZ Pre 3 sold on ebay.de for 587€, which is > $850 USD

    Link to the auction.
  9. #9  
    Ouch.

    I just saw that another forum member had their expansys.fr order cancelled....so mine could get cancelled too.
  10. #11  
    "Sorry that product is no longer available"
  11. lavo96's Avatar
    Posts
    80 Posts
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by jodihansen View Post
    I thought about waiting to see what happens....but have decided to secure myself one now at $304AUD...much better than the current eBay prices. I will still look out for something in the firesale....but my fear was missing the firesale due to timezone differences or work, etc. So now I have secured one, even if it does have an AZERTY keyboard and is only 8GB. I agree that 16GB would be better though.
    Where did you score that Jodi? At the end of the week I'll either buy a Pre2 from the UK that does 900/2100, but if there is a Pre3 available for the same price....

    (I wish I was with Telstra, as the 850/1900 models are so much cheaper than the 900/2100 Pre2s...)

    ** Nevermind....just saw your later post!
  12. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by lavo96 View Post
    Where did you score that Jodi? At the end of the week I'll either buy a Pre2 from the UK that does 900/2100, but if there is a Pre3 available for the same price....

    (I wish I was with Telstra, as the 850/1900 models are so much cheaper than the 900/2100 Pre2s...)

    ** Nevermind....just saw your later post!
    lavo96...I have ordered from expansys.fr. It looks like someone else has had their order cancelled....so I am keeping a close eye on mine. Hopefully it all goes through o.k.
  13. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by lavo96 View Post

    ...
    (I wish I was with Telstra, as the 850/1900 models are so much cheaper than the 900/2100 Pre2s...)
    ...
    For info - Vodaphone are in the process of installing a lot of 850 antennae in metro areas. Check out their coverage map.

    Coverage Checker - Vodafone Australia
  14. #15  
    Just wanted to let you know that I also ordered one AZERTY Pre 3 via EXPANSYS.fr and my order went through without a hassle. I ordered around 10AM this morning and by now my order hast the status: "Sent". yay \o/
  15. #16  
    For those of us in the US and unwilling to drop $700+ on eBay, "waiting for the dust to settle" is currently the only strategy. Thanks, HP.
  16. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by VCI_Cell View Post
    For those of us in the US and unwilling to drop $700+ on eBay, "waiting for the dust to settle" is currently the only strategy. Thanks, HP.
    I guess it makes sense for HP not to hold a fire sale for the Pre 3 IF it is coming to Verizon.

    Also, and I'm just throwing this out there. Is it possible that HP is holding on the the Pre 3's until the new iPhone comes out?

    unlocked iPhone $700+, unlocked Pre3 $70?

    Might take a ding out of initial iPhone sale. That's if they do have lots of Pre 3's though.
  17. #18  
    This might be a good strategy provided that HP has enough stock to meet the initial demand of the existing customer base (those interested in upgrading) and any potential adopters, and then some. If not, then once the dust settles, there might be nothing to be had (or the device becoming a collector's item).
  18. #19  
    Everybody, let's wait. Let's wait for the dust to settle and then let's wait some more, after all we have been waiting for so long for devices, for updates, for apps, for announcements - we kinda like it now
  19. Greyfish7's Avatar
    Posts
    51 Posts
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnygewitter View Post
    Everybody, let's wait. Let's wait for the dust to settle and then let's wait some more, after all we have been waiting for so long for devices, for updates, for apps, for announcements - we kinda like it now
    exactly! I got a friend who's an Apple guy who got an order in for a Touchpad but doesn't know if he's ever gonna get it. I told him that part of the webOS Experience is Being In Limbo
    cubeover likes this.

Posting Permissions