1.    #1  
    I have a Sprint Frankenpre2 and love it. I was wondering if any work was being done or if it would even be possible to make a frankenpre3 that would work on Sprint.

-- Sent from my Palm TouchPad using Forums
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    The answer is no, see some other threads
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
    Yea sorry, we have been there done that. I can't be done. The only hope we have is that HP sells the Pre3's out of HP's website.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
  4.    #4  
    So even with a Verizon Pre3 (if it is ever sold) turning it into a Sprint Frankenpre3 is impossible? Sorry if this has already been posted. I read the forums every night and have never come across this.

Sigh.... I might be forced to go iPhone5.... :'(
    It's no. Stop asking. Only way is if Sprint carries it at this point which is not going to happen. No amount of hacking or modding can fix that.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Global Posts
    480 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by erasef301 View Post
    So even with a Verizon Pre3 (if it is ever sold) turning it into a Sprint Frankenpre3 is impossible?
    Someone would have to compare the VZW and Sprint Pre 3 com boards to see if they are compatible, no ?
    Never say never....esp to the webOS internals crew
    Not unless someone stumbles across a Pre3 Sprint comms board some how, oh and also gets hold of a CDMA Pre3?

Its VERY unlikely right now.
    The only reason you can "sprintify" a Pre 2 is because the comms board is the same as the Pre-/+. The Pre 3 has different internals.

This is like the 6th time this week I have seen this asked, can we get this information as a stickied post or something?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
  9.    #9  
    Thanks guys. This helps out a lot. I'll keep using my Frankenpre 2 as long as possible... But soon my touchpad may be my only webOS device.