Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    My pre plus is biting the dust slowly but surely. Should I wait and see if verizon actually decides to carry the pre3 or jump on the pre2 for 49.99?
    Scrap that comment I thought you were in the UK until I saw Verizon.

Get the 2, the 3 is not coming to the USA.
  3.    #3  
    I would imagine they have some stock they'll have to sell, no? I could just be too optimistic.
    Where can you get the Pre 2 for 49.99?
    iPhone 4 16GB Black | iPad 2 WiFi 32GB Black
    HP TouchPad 16GB
    Just because HP has stock doesn't mean they want or will be able to sell it.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Finally Pre likes this.
  6.    #6  
    Pre 2 49.99 verizon w/ contract. I have an upgrade. Trying to decide whether or not to use it.
    shoot, just pay 125 and buy a pre2 that's never been opened on ebay. That way you can still sell it if the pre3 magically appears.
    I just want the Pre3. However my Pre- with sprint is getting tiered. I may use the idea of getting the Pre2 CDMA and convert it with my Pre- for sprint. If HP dumps the Pre3 to the market I will just eat the cost of the Pre2 and go for it then.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
    I was in the same position as you, holding off on my upgrade waiting for the Pre3. I got tired of HP's silly, indecisive, no plan product intro schedules their current leaders seem fine to operate with. Based on all the "canning" of webOS hardware BS, I don't think the Pre3 will come to Verizon, so I bit the bullet & used my upgrade on the Pre2 last week. So far I'm happy with it over my old Pre+.
    its not as easy to discount the Pre2 as it was for HP to discount the Touchpad

They signed carrier deals and whatnot.

When you do that it really is legally the HP/Verizon/o2/Rogers Pre 2.

HP cannot just go and slash the prices of their unlocked devices as there are most likely contractual agreements for them to not do so until the locked devices become obsolete.
    Global Posts
    279 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post
    its not as easy to discount the Pre2 as it was for HP to discount the Touchpad

They signed carrier deals and whatnot.

When you do that it really is legally the HP/Verizon/o2/Rogers Pre 2.

HP cannot just go and slash the prices of their unlocked devices as there are most likely contractual agreements for them to not do so until the locked devices become obsolete.

Perhaps you didn't know -- HP was selling the unlocked Pre2 for $50 last weekend through Monday.

I called and ordered a few for a couple friends and myself since there's no Pre3 in the US compatible on Sprint.
    War Eagle!
    Global Posts
    2,153 Global Posts
    if Vzw doesn't see the Pre 3, what do you think about using an upgrade for WP7 vs Pre 2?

I guess it will depend on what HP does. If another phone manufacturer starts on production for webOS devices, we will have some choices then. Otherwise we may all be forced to switch to another phone platform.
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    I love my Pre2.
    you can love it all you want but I feel bad for those of you when 5 years from now webOS will be nothing but a memory. Seems like only people like is here on precentral know what a pre is or what webos is and that's really sad. HP will not support webos in any way or form anymore. Companies are more about money and if webos on devices didn't give them money then I can understand why they don't wanna make more new devices. Seeing how palm struggled, and then HP, what other companie is going to take webos now? Really? I doubt it. Right now demand is for iphones and android and I myself do not want to get any of those. I'm so used to my pre and webos but reality is, webos is DEAD a few years from now, mark my words and it hurts me.

why would a cellphone companie in the US even get the pre 3 if HP said no more? I want a pre 3 but they will not come to the USA. This is the reason SPRINT got rid of webos. I guess it's just like by people like us. Only friends I know have webos. The rest I see with those bog android phones or their iphones. I feel so behind but I will stick to my pre until it dies and then I'll decide.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbz View Post
    Perhaps you didn't know -- HP was selling the unlocked Pre2 for $50 last weekend through Monday.

I called and ordered a few for a couple friends and myself since there's no Pre3 in the US compatible on Sprint.
    ACK! I did not know this! I read it but came to the conclusion that it was for On-Contract

Damn...missed out
    Same here, wish I would have known about the pre2. Would have bought one for use on T-Mobile.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    pre 2 works on t-moblie 3g? 4g?
    Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post
    ACK! I did not know this! I read it but came to the conclusion that it was for On-Contract

Damn...missed out
    As far as I know, it was only the HP Store USA, which requires a USA billing address and USA shipping address anyway.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by class01 View Post
    pre 2 works on t-moblie 3g? 4g?
    I think it would work on tmobile EDGE only.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    As far as I know, it was only the HP Store USA, which requires a USA billing address and USA shipping address anyway.
    I have a US credit card and a US billing address as well as a US shipping address (http://www.usparcelpickup.com/) as my parents live on the border of michigan.

I worked in the usa for 4 summers, so I have a Social Security Number which gets me a USA bank account and a billing address as well as a US credit card.

If there is anything you ever need WebOS related from the USA Jason, please PM me, you deserve the opportunity for sure.

Everything I get you will be at cost and Ill ship it to manitoba as cheaply as possible
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast