Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree1Likes
    I just got email from expansys, that they will only get a small qty of Pre 3 with AZERTY keypad (29 pcs) for the orders which were already payed
    I had one Pre 3 in backorder from 29.08.2011 - payment by bank and this order as it seems was canceled, not sure exactly.
    Luckly I had ordered another - payment with CC on 29.08.2011 just in case as the stock was going down quickly and I got this one by DHL on wednesday already. So now I am a proud owner of Pre3!

If I will get another one I will gladly sell it to somebody else (will post here).

According to expansy words they should get 500 pcs in early september but the supplier (probably HP France) can not fulfill their order so it seems that the French HP is out of stock too.
    So can someone release a patch to change the mapping of the keys from azerty to qwerty via software? I don't care to switch the physical keys... just re-map them in software.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by laoh View Post
    So can someone release a patch to change the mapping of the keys from azerty to qwerty via software? I don't care to switch the physical keys... just re-map them in software.
    I'm sure this can be done as another language. All the patches for languages not supported (russian, hebrew, greek) replace the letters with other letters.
    So you could have another "language" that it's only difference would be changing the keys that are mapped differently in AZERTY.
    I doubt remapping is really necessary. As someone said before, you adapt very quickly because it's really very different from a regular computer keyboard anyway.

I use azerty keyboards on my computers and got a German Pre about two years ago. So it had a qwertz keyboard, but it only took me a few days to get used to it. Then I got a qwerty Pre 2 and again initially I made some mistakes with z and w, but it was fine after a few hours. And now I've got an azerty Pre 3 and again it took me a couple of hours to adjust.
    Check out Movie Diary.
    If you want to remap keys, check out this thread.
    Q,W,A,Z and M are in different places though not very far from the original. I thought I'd change it but I got used to it after 2 days of use...

The phone is great!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jodihansen View Post
    Oh.
    So, how usable is a phone with an AZERTY keyboard set to English? Is it just a few letters switched around? It's just that it's $300 for AZERTY and $700 for QWERTY....unless there is a firesale coming, I am quick enough and they ship to Australia.
    hopefully the azerty will work in the USA. It will take a lot of getting used to
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234