Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    My first Pre (the first Pre) was a qwertz - eg Y and Z has changes places. No big deal, takes one week to adjust. And since the UI keyboardwise is so special compared to a PC-keyboard, you dont get confused.

I am having a bit of a problem adjusting back to a normal qwerty-keyboard on my Pre 3 though :-)

Anders
    Hi fellas,

I can write with all ten fingers (how is it called in english?) on qwertz keyboards so I was kind of afraid of moving from german qwertz Pre to uk qwerty Pre 2. At the end it was non-issue cause its one keyboard this size I use. But I can imagine somebody with two Pres or Pre/Veer combo having a hard time.
    Anyway, my AZERTY pre 3 from expansys was just sent (ordered on 26th at 5pm) and Im not really sure if itll be easier to learn AZERTY or writing "blindly" with qwertz settings.
    Global Posts
    264 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tr47 View Post
    Hi fellas,

I can write with all ten fingers (how is it called in english?) on qwertz keyboards so I was kind of afraid of moving from german qwertz Pre to uk qwerty Pre 2. At the end it was non-issue cause its one keyboard this size I use. But I can imagine somebody with two Pres or Pre/Veer combo having a hard time.
    Anyway, my AZERTY pre 3 from expansys was just sent (ordered on 26th at 5pm) and Im not really sure if itll be easier to learn AZERTY or writing "blindly" with qwertz settings.
    Hi mate,did you order the pre 3 from expansys france?is it ship outside france?
    Quote Originally Posted by sylau90 View Post
    Hi mate,did you order the pre 3 from expansys france?is it ship outside france?
    Yep, Expansys.fr . Shipping to EU - Czech Republic.
    You might be interested in this link too eXpansys Deutschland | Facebook
    - Only limited number of azerty in expansys. No news about availability of qwertz/y variants.
  5.    #25  
    Thanks for your experience regarding a different keyboard.

I'm going to have to see if my order sticks since it looks like some others have had cancellations.
    Global Posts
    264 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jodihansen View Post

I'm going to have to see if my order sticks since it looks like some others have had cancellations.
    Hey mate,I ordered through expansys france using credit card,but the status is expired...Then I rang them up and ask whats is happening.They said they don't ship to Australia....sigh....

I wonder why they put Australia in their country list and even charging the shipping fee????
    but now I have tried again by using paypal again,not sure it works or not....If not,I really need someone help me to get one....Please help
    Global Posts
    264 Global Posts

Hey mate,I ordered through expansys france using credit card,but the status is expired...Then I rang them up and ask whats is happening.They said they don't ship to Australia....sigh....

I wonder why they put Australia in their country list and even charging the shipping fee????
    but now I have tried again by using paypal again,not sure it works or not....If not,I really need someone help me to get one....Please help
  8.    #28  
    sylau90, what is the status of your order now? How long ago did you order?

My order is "untreated" at the moment.
    Global Posts
    264 Global Posts
    sylau90, what is the status of your order now? How long ago did you order?

My order is "untreated" at the moment.
    Hey mate,I ordered one at about 3or4pm brisbane time.Then about 6pm My order status appeared to be Expired.After that,I rang them up and tell them my problem and the girl who picked up the phone told me that they don't ship to Australia.Then,I asked her to cancelled my order.

Right after I called them,I try to order again using Paypal,to see whether it works or not,it might be credit card issue.AS for now,it is still "untreated".
    I ordered one last week from expansys france and payed through Paypal. I haven't been asked anything so far and got a mail this morning in which they told me that they already shipped the item. 199 is a really fair price (in comparison with 299 pounds, that is the price you find in the UK-Palm store) and, honestly, az instead of qw is not a big deal and does NOT justify AT ALL the payment of 2 or 300 more for the same phone...

I hope I get it soon! :-)
    - Which will then send it home to you (and pay via paypal). I am sure there is the kind of service in france?

Anders
    Quote Originally Posted by Abies View Post
    [...] and, honestly, az instead of qw is not a big deal and does NOT justify AT ALL the payment of 2 or 300 more for the same phone...
    For me it's not only the az instead of qw, because y and z are also exchanged and the m isn't next to the n. I think that I can live with a qwerty instead of a german qwertz, but azerty is a no-go for me. :0
  13.    #33  
    Well I have used Paypal, but paid with a credit card via Paypal. I do that often and it's not normally an issue. It has been 3 hours since my order...no change yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by pseudofilosofen View Post
    - Which will then send it home to you (and pay via paypal). I am sure there is the kind of service in france?

Anders
    That is brilliant...didn't know it existed.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
  15.    #35  
    expansys.fr has cancelled my order too. The translation of status says "client cancellation". I didn't cancel it. *sigh*
    Considering what to do next....
    Quote Originally Posted by gnangnan View Post
    For me it's not only the az instead of qw, because y and z are also exchanged and the m isn't next to the n. I think that I can live with a qwerty instead of a german qwertz, but azerty is a no-go for me. :0
    Right, it might be a bit more difficult to write with an azerty keyboard, but I'm sure you would get used to it really soon. Anyway, your choice! :-)
    Global Posts
    264 Global Posts
    expansys.fr has cancelled my order too. The translation of status says "client cancellation". I didn't cancel it. *sigh*
    Considering what to do next....
    Hey mate,same thing happens here,client cancellation when I tried to pay by paypal,please PM me if you got any other ideas....

Someone please help me buy one...PM me if you can help me...order from expansys.fr....and then ship to Australia.
  18.    #38  
    Alright.....husband might shoot me.....but I have ordered on mobicity.com.au
    It is a pre-order for a 16GB QWERTY Pre 3. The pre-order price is $699....It says that they cannot guarantee stock, but it also says that if they get cheaper stock that they will refund the difference. It also says that I can cancel anytime up until they ship the item. I also got a jawbone bluetooth headset for $29 due to ordering a phone.
    So husband might get mad for a night.....but if they get stock, I will end up with a 16GB which will make me happier since memory will not be a downgrade from my 16GB Pre 2....plus a QWERTY keyboard after all that.
    Fingers crossed and they get a sale price from HP.
  19.    #39  
    Current eBay listing is up to $770 with 5 hours to go....for an 8GB. So, my order for a 16GB at $699 is not so bad.....can someone tell my husband....I am not so game.
    Azerty Keyboard from Pre3.

Pre3 vs Pre2.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast