Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
  1.    #1  
    Can someone link me to an article that quotes Steven Dewitt as saying that the Pre 3 DEFINITELY won't be released in the USA? Everything that I see says that it will have a "limited" release; that it won't be a broad release, and that it will be released in selective areas. Nothing that I've read definitely states no USA.

Now I understand why some people might interpret this as not coming to America but isn't that putting words in the guy's mouth?

With all this hesitation on HPs part about the firesale, and increased demand for the UK/European Pre 3 (see this thread: http://forums.precentral.net/hp-pre-...e-3-stock.html), isn't it possible that they might change their minds or actually move forward with the US release? Especially the CDMA version?

I mean, people are trying to import it non-stop. Sites are even posting "UK only residents", etc. This has to be because of the abundant amount of US importers.

Especially since he never said (from what I can tell) that it specifically wouldn't be released in the USA, is it possible that it still might happen?
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLI… T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    i use to get blank stare when asking for a pre or tp but now everybody knows about them,but they are not that popular,carphone warehouse affiliate have like 800 pre 3 in stock but they are not moving like other in the UK
  4.    #4  
    Yes I've read those articles numerous times.

The first one says nothing about it not coming to the USA and the second says that AT&T cancelled the orders; not HP. AT&T probably got nervous with the announcements and pulled the plug.

It can still come to Verizon via CDMA or be sold directly by HP themselves (like the Nokia n97). Just because a carrier pulled the plug doesn't mean it can't be sold here.

Still waiting for concrete evidence this thing isn't coming here. Anyone?
    Quote Originally Posted by jcohengd View Post
    Yes I've read those articles numerous times.

The first one says nothing about it not coming to the USA and the second says that AT&T cancelled the orders; not HP. AT&T probably got nervous with the announcements and pulled the plug.

It can still come to Verizon via CDMA or be sold directly by HP themselves (like the Nokia n97). Just because a carrier pulled the plug doesn't mean it can't be sold here.

Still waiting for concrete evidence this thing isn't coming here. Anyone?
    I hope you're right... There's no reason for HP to hold on to the inventory.

Otherwise Pre3's gonna be a....
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLI… T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by kar1179 View Post
    Yea I'm sure he'll tell me that. I've read all of these articles. And that article is turning into bologna right now. Nothing seems concrete. HP can't make a decision about a price drop, or anything for that matter. So if they are sitting on that decision what's to say they aren't sitting on the US decision?
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
  9.    #9  
    And yes I understand it was never announced for the US but it was never announced for any of the markets that it's in until the day of release.

And again, DeWitt never said it wasn't coming to the US (which his announcement is the rationale for ALL of these articles).

Also - "rumors" have it that HP isn't giving retailers in the UK anymore stock and will sell it on their UK website.

Hmmm....so maybe HP won't give American carriers any stock and sell it on their US website.
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    Yea I'm sure he'll tell me that. I've read all of these articles. And that article is turning into bologna right now. Nothing seems concrete. HP can't make a decision about a price drop, or anything for that matter. So if they are sitting on that decision what's to say they aren't sitting on the US decision?
    I agree, all of the articles claiming the Pre 3 is not coming to the US cite the PC world article as their source. The source in the PC is suspect at best...
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    maybe HP won't give American carriers any stock and sell it on their US website.
    sooby77 likes this.
    We all hope you are right. I know this adds fuel to the fire, but here goes:

an anonymous source tells me over 50,000 North American GSM and 30,000 CDMA/GSM World Phone Pre 3's were manufactured and packaged up ready for the two US carriers on board to sell them as of Leo's D-Day announcement. Release dates were 9/4 on one carrier (the GSM guy) and 9/18 on the other (the CDMA guy). We know at least one of those two carriers has cancelled (the GSM guy).

P.S. According to anonymous - those 80,000 Pre 3's are sitting in a wherehouse somewhere in Indianapolis Indiana. They could be distributed retail nationwide or shipped out directly to customers who purchase them directly from HP very quickly from that location.

Question is what is HP going to do. Decisions decisions decisions ....

Might be time for another email and letter writing campaign again .....
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    11B1P, JonVon, jcohengd and 2 others like this.
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    Barry that is interesting and might lend some credibility to the reseller on ebay who is expecting a shipment in early September...

HP Palm Pre 3 Pre3 webOS Smartphone UNLOCKED 16GB - NEW | eBay
    Quote Originally Posted by deihmos View Post
    Which carrier would even want to carry this phone.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk
    They don't need to . For the GSM version, Independent resellers and HP can put it to market IF HP goes that route. Verizon CDMA model is another story. They'd have to allow the ESN's on their system.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Thanks Barry. I understand your source is anymous; could you at least speak to the credibility of said sourse? I mean, was this from someone you know and trust, was it written on a restroom stall, etc.?
    Quote Originally Posted by kar1179 View Post
    Thanks Barry. I understand your source is anymous; could you at least speak to the credibility of said sourse? I mean, was this from someone you know and trust, was it written on a restroom stall, etc.?
    It was a restroom stall chat at a local night club after we each had downed many cocktails. It was with someone I know personally who is very high up in the retail device procurement channel at one of the two carriers.

Can't say anything more than I believe him about the wherehouse and that there are some Pre 3's sitting in it ready to ship out. I also know the two dates were real from other sources. Not that that matters much anymore. Even some of the retail store managers for the one carrier that was planning a 9/04 launch knew of the Pre 3 launch coming on that date. They are usually in the dark until a couple of weeks prior if not even later.

It would be going out on a limb if I were to say I believed the numbers are correct. The cocktails could have caused inflation.

Leo really f'd up is all I am going to say. If you believe he will sell those Pre 3's sitting in a wherehouse good for you. He already made sure to cover himself if he doesn't sell a darn thing by taking the $1 billion charge off on HP's books for webOS - what a true ********.
    Last edited by TopTongueBarry; 08/27/2011 at 07:00 PM.
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    Fingers crossed for Verizon!
    dweiums likes this.
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    Still some hope here!!
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    It was a restroom stall chat at a local night club after we each had downed many cocktails. It was with someone I know personally who is very high up in the retail device procurement channel at one of the two carriers.

Can't say anything more than I believe him about the wherehouse and that there are some Pre 3's sitting in it ready to ship out. I also know the two dates were real from other sources. Not that that matters much anymore. Even some of the retail store managers for the one carrier that was planning a 9/04 launch knew of the Pre 3 launch coming on that date. They are usually in the dark until a couple of weeks prior if not even later.

It would be going out on a limb if I were to say I believed the numbers are correct. The cocktails could have caused inflation.

Leo really f'd up is all I am going to say. If you believe he will sell those Pre 3's sitting in a wherehouse good for you. He already made sure to cover himself if he doesn't sell a darn thing by taking the $1 billion charge off on HP's books for webOS - what a true ********.
    I'll pay you to get those guys a few more shots, find out where that warehouse is and we'll raid it! I have enough practice on GT5 so I think I can handle being the wheelman.

geewhiz likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    I'll pay you to get those guys a few more shots, find out where that warehouse is and we'll raid it! I have enough practice on GT5 so I think I can handle being the wheelman.
    I have many hours into CoD, so I might be able to hold off the FEDs long enough to ensure your getaway. lol

Thanks Barry, I still have hope.
    xandros9 likes this.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast