Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree14Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by circadia View Post
    So, TTB, did you have happy hour yesterday with the anonymous source? Any news?
    Sorry to say we both missed it. Holiday weekend, I'm on call, and my TP 3G arrived yesterday. Too much going on. Next week cocktails for sure. Besides Peyton will be on TV Sunday.
    Patience. HP has forced us all to learn what that word means.
    Last edited by TopTongueBarry; 09/04/2011 at 04:08 AM.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Thanks. Patience indeed. Finally pulled the trigger on ebay.co.uk Pre3 so now, if it the ATT stock does get released I'll get another one for my wife. (Or two if we can't get the 850 band working on the UK models!)

Either way, good luck next week!
    Quote Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
    Regarding the warehouse raid we need a few good men, preferably wearing tights, a couple bows, some arrows and a long sturdy string or thin rope.

Ive put together a animation on how to get into the complex, get Leo's golden Pre3's and get out without to much of a problem.

NICE!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    Paaaaaaalm guy should take Leo hostage till they release the Pre 3. Oh wait, no one would pay...
    Quote Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
    Regarding the warehouse raid we need a few good men, preferably wearing tights, a couple bows, some arrows and a long sturdy string or thin rope.

Ive put together a animation on how to get into the complex, get Leo's golden Pre3's and get out without to much of a problem.

Nah, this is better.

"Ready to create the biggest traffic jam in history of Sunnyvale?"
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLI… T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    my TP 3G arrived yesterday
    whaaaaa???? Where did you get this other white elephant?! First the white 64GB TP, now 3G TP in the wild?
    Quote Originally Posted by chalx View Post
    Now, I wouldn't be surprised if unholy trio (Verizon, At&T and Sprint) have changed their mind, and they managed to "find some space" for Pre3.
    After all, after firesales, webOS is probably known same as Android among general smartphone consumers.
    Wahh? I seriously doubt that's true. Android may not be a huge money maker among devs, and I doubt there's a huge number of people that care whether their phone is running Android or not BUT I can't imagine the Touchpad fire sale has done much for webOS itself when it comes to mindshare among smartphone buyers or carriers.

If we generously assume that around 900k purchased TP's over the last month or so, how many of those do you think are going to actually rush out and grab a phone just because it has webOS?

It's still a dead end right now, assimilated into the bowels of HP. The latest news would seem to indicate that no one is even having second thoughts about this (or else I really think webOS would be going with PSG as it spins off).
    Quote Originally Posted by tasogare View Post
    whaaaaa???? Where did you get this other white elephant?! First the white 64GB TP, now 3G TP in the wild?
    It's a great device, however I was hoping it allowed the phone applet to access the internal modem for voice calling the same way as webOS smartphones. If I don't find a way to enable voice calling by tomorrow, I'll be selling it.

TTB
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    It's a great device, however I was hoping it allowed the phone applet to access the internal modem for voice calling the same way as webOS smartphones. If I don't find a way to enable voice calling by tomorrow, I'll be selling it.

TTB
    Can I call dibs? I want! I want!!!

(seriously - PM me)
    Gosh, the mystery continues...
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123