Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
    Hp has to change all the phones that say At&T on them and then unlock them

lots of labour involved. Probably just going sell them off to some company for parts. My guess
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Mair View Post
    Hp has to change all the phones that say At&T on them and then unlock them

lots of labour involved. Probably just going sell them off to some company for parts. My guess
    OK but here's the question... if there are no phones out there to repair, what are the companies going to use the parts for?
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    BobKy and xandros9 like this.
    What the heck. Why write them off. HP just needs to sell them on their site. With the rate the TP has sold, they have to know the Pre may too. What do they have to loose? It's just an addition to the HP website. If they don't sell then they write them off. If they do they cover the manufacturing cost.

The question I have is why would Sprint or "V" not accept the ESN?
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
    BobKy likes this.
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    We all hope you are right. I know this adds fuel to the fire, but here goes:

an anonymous source tells me over 50,000 North American GSM and 30,000 CDMA/GSM World Phone Pre 3's were manufactured and packaged up ready for the two US carriers on board to sell them as of Leo's D-Day announcement. Release dates were 9/4 on one carrier (the GSM guy) and 9/18 on the other (the CDMA guy). We know at least one of those two carriers has cancelled (the GSM guy).

P.S. According to anonymous - those 80,000 Pre 3's are sitting in a wherehouse somewhere in Indianapolis Indiana. They could be distributed retail nationwide or shipped out directly to customers who purchase them directly from HP very quickly from that location.

Question is what is HP going to do. Decisions decisions decisions ....

Might be time for another email and letter writing campaign again .....

Goes along well with my thread from last week.

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-pre-...sept-18th.html
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    I'll pay you to get those guys a few more shots, find out where that warehouse is and we'll raid it! I have enough practice on GT5 so I think I can handle being the wheelman.
    It'll be as many shots as necessary at Happy hour next Friday ......

Toni, you pay for the shots, and I get one NA Pre 3 outta this.

Haha I just thought of something. You could maybe do it during the Colts opener. Every cop in the city will be glued to the tube.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
    Global Posts
    480 Global Posts
    Since reading these threads, I am holding off jumping into a contract with something else in case any Pre 3s do come to the US. But I am not even sure I would want to give HP any business, on principle now. I get the feeling that the way they canned their hardware business was a very expensive way, driven by spite. Seems it would be cheaper to sell what you made and ramp down. Maybe I'm wrong.
    Finally Pre likes this.
    At this point I'm with the previous poster. This company, HP, has made a complete debacle of this whole WebOS thing and IMO treated their perspective customers very poorly. Quite frankly it seems they have their heads up their a z z es.

I've got an original pre and I stopped anticipating that I would get a pre3 months ago. But at this point even if they did come out, and even on sprint, I don't think I would buy one just on the principle of it.

Oh, and screw you HP.
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    I'll pay you to get those guys a few more shots, find out where that warehouse is and we'll raid it! I have enough practice on GT5 so I think I can handle being the wheelman.
    I live south of Indy and know the area on Georgetown Rd where this warehouse is located. I promise you this place will not have light security.
    Quote Originally Posted by alfaverde View Post
    I live south of Indy and know the area on Georgetown Rd where this warehouse is located. I promise you this place will not have light security.
    Which is why we need to work together.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

Based on the articles that seem to be spreading around now, HP basically bought Palm, released 2 products under their name with the web os and decided to kill off the entire line before the most anticipated web os product went to market. I've always hated HP, and this just adds fuel to my fire...

I have to vent:
    I wanted my PALM pre3, hp
    Wasn't that the same with voodoo pc? Didn't they release like 2 products (beleive it was the envy 133 and firebird, or something like that) then vanished?
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    I'm hoping HP reconsiders and sells those phones here. I'm at the point where I'll leave Sprint to get the Pre 3.
    Quote Originally Posted by champiful View Post
    Wasn't that the same with voodoo pc? Didn't they release like 2 products (beleive it was the envy 133 and firebird, or something like that) then vanished?
    The HP Envy basically is the Voodoo line.

Much Like the Palm Veer and Palm Pre 3 became the HP Veer and HP Pre 3.

Toni we know rogers was also releasing it. It actually was supposed to be here July 19. They definitely have those devices somewhere as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by alfaverde View Post
    Light or heavy security, if the colts are playing they will most likely be focused on the tv screen watching Peyton, and less likely to be staring at monitors of the the security cams ......
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
    I was at the Touchpad Launch Event in Toronto, Canada and I spoke to the guy that was heading up the Canadian WebOS division. He said Rogers disqualified the phone very early on and that it was only coming to AT&T, obviously that seems to have changed as well. I also asked him if the phone was coming to Telcel in Mexico and he said while he was not 100% sure he had never seen their name on the targetted carrier lists. Since the news of the cancellation with AT&T I have gone back through the app developer shop that got me the invite to this event to see if he can get me a NA Pre 3, apparently they are looking into it...

...I doubt I will get it. At least I have the Pre 2 while this dust settles...
    *does six-flags dance*
    Quote Originally Posted by deihmos View Post
    Which carrier would even want to carry this phone.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk
    Now, I wouldn't be surprised if unholy trio (Verizon, At&T and Sprint) have changed their mind, and they managed to "find some space" for Pre3.
    After all, after firesales, webOS is probably known same as Android among general smartphone consumers.
    So, TTB, did you have happy hour yesterday with the anonymous source? Any news?
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Regarding the warehouse raid we need a few good men, preferably wearing tights, a couple bows, some arrows and a long sturdy string or thin rope.

Ive put together a animation on how to get into the complex, get Leo's golden Pre3's and get out without to much of a problem.

Last edited by Andreas; 09/03/2011 at 05:38 AM.
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
    filjosh likes this.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast