Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 44
Like Tree1Likes
  1. #21  
    ref credit check I ordered at 7.53 this morning confirmed order gone to warehouse at 16.05 pm this afternoon
  2. #22  
    lucky you,i've been waiting for crdt chk to get through for 2 days now,i think that i failed it but they haven't got around to tell me bye bye pre 3
    wondering if anyone got a pre 3 from them lately or they're just waiting for HP to supply 'em
    Last edited by Maracuja; 08/29/2011 at 05:49 AM.
  3. drewBB's Avatar
    Posts
    46 Posts
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    #23  
    I got an email today saying it's been sent to the warehouse for despatch - hopefully get it tomorrow.

    On a side note my friend works in cpw, he said the 2yr 10pm and 15 18 month contracts are flying off the shelves, he sold 6 alone yesterday.

    Looks like they've got themselves a nice little earner !
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by drewster_uk View Post
    I got an email today saying it's been sent to the warehouse for despatch - hopefully get it tomorrow.

    On a side note my friend works in cpw, he said the 2yr 10pm and 15 18 month contracts are flying off the shelves, he sold 6 alone yesterday.

    Looks like they've got themselves a nice little earner !
    It is bank holiday today so i reckon wednesday,in my opinion. I have one on order as well would be nice tomorrow :-)
  5. #25  
    called them today and they said that tomorrow they are going to process it and wednesday is the soonest i can get it
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by Maracuja View Post
    called them today and they said that tomorrow they are going to process it and wednesday is the soonest i can get it
    Excellent thanks for the update much appreciated glad you got there in the end.
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by todders View Post
    Excellent thanks for the update much appreciated glad you got there in the end.
    thanks,hopefully my cdt chk will go through and i'll be a happy pre 3 owner by wednesday
  8. #28  
    I ordered one from them on Saturday on a contract and I got an email this evening saying it had been despatched, which was pretty quick for a bank holiday weekend, and there were a few other emails along the way keeping me informed. All good so far and an amazing deal for one of these free and less per month with rebates than I'm currently paying SIM only!
  9.    #29  
    I ordered Saturday and got the e-mail last night - my Pre 3 has just arrived! I'm turning it on as we speak, 1st impressions on the hardware are good though, except there's no cover for the USB charging port like on the Pre- which is a shame if you use a touchstone - I guess too many Pre-'s had the cover break off.

    BTW, the phone's *aren't* locked to or branded by Vodafone either which is nice!
    Scotty_Dogg likes this.
  10. drewBB's Avatar
    Posts
    46 Posts
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    #30  
    Nice to know yours has turned up - I'm waiting for mine to arrive, had the despatch email yesterday afternoon, looking out the window at every van or car that pulls up outside
  11. xeonwales's Avatar
    Posts
    52 Posts
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by Maracuja View Post
    thanks,hopefully my cdt chk will go through and i'll be a happy pre 3 owner by wednesday
    Did you ever get a reply? I ordered on Saturday, got the 1st e-mail, but nothing to say if i passed the check or not
    Palm History:

    Treo 500 > Treo Pro > Pre > PrePlus > Touchpad
  12. #32  
    What is the cheapest, most hassle free method of buying the Pre 3 in UK? I would be requesting a friend to buy the phone for me and thus I would prefer the least amount of hassle for the friend in terms of having to deal with contracts, monthly payments etc. Why can't one simply pay the 24 month contract rate of GP 10.50, i.e. 24 x 10.50 = GBP 252 straight up and not have to worry about paying monthly? After all a one time payment is better for them too, is it not?

    PS: Are all companies in the UK as unprofessional and unethical as cleverboxes.com and handtec.co.uk? I had ordered phones from both companies and both companies ahve after giving me a major run around and after having charged my card cancelled my order. In the case of cleverboxes.com, they ended up charging my card for 'TWENTY' phones, GBP 4000 and then had the nerve to tell me that my order was cancelled because my card was declined.
    Last edited by Sanjay; 08/30/2011 at 02:18 PM.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

    Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by xeonwales View Post
    Did you ever get a reply? I ordered on Saturday, got the 1st e-mail, but nothing to say if i passed the check or not
    i ordered on Saturday as well,got the same 1st email everybody got but nothing else after that,btw i'm kinda loosing my passion and patience that i had for this phone,they promised me that they were going to let me know yesterday...i might end up cancelling it.
  14. xeonwales's Avatar
    Posts
    52 Posts
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by Maracuja View Post
    i ordered on Saturday as well,got the same 1st email everybody got but nothing else after that,btw i'm kinda loosing my passion and patience that i had for this phone,they promised me that they were going to let me know yesterday...i might end up cancelling it.
    The only other thing i got was a 'Mobiles.co.uk Customer Service Followup Survey' on Sunday.
    Palm History:

    Treo 500 > Treo Pro > Pre > PrePlus > Touchpad
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    What is the cheapest, most hassle free method of buying the Pre 3 in UK? I would be requesting a friend to buy the phone for me and thus I would prefer the least amount of hassle for the friend in terms of having to deal with contracts, monthly payments etc. Why can't one simply pay the 24 month contract rate of GP 10.50, i.e. 24 x 10.50 = GBP 252 straight up and not have to worry about paying monthly? After all a one time payment is better for them too, is not?
    You can take the contract out and then pay Vodafone the 252 to settle it straight away, still saving you 50~ off the the 299. Or give the sim to someone else to use like I'm doing and keeping my old one.
  16. #36  
    regarding the Vodafone contract payout you can certainly pay it out the sim I would give to someone who isn't going to go over the 100 mins and 500 texts if not the original contract holder will be still liable for additional usage. (I could be wrong Vodafone might place a cap but its highly unlikely as they wouldn't want to minimise their income).
    On a side note live the tpad and webos looking into getting a pre3 one thing putting ne off is the lack if screen keyboard in landscape mode.

    Ps quidco have cash back offer if 50 on cpw contracts so phone will cost 200
  17. #37  
    Pre3 arrived today, it's a really nice phone, quite impressed after the less then stellar build quality of the Pre-. I think HP were on the right track, but way too late to the party.

    Going to run it alongside my Galaxy S2 while I'm at work tonight, see which I prefer.
  18. #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by c0052350 View Post
    Ps quidco have cash back offer if 50 on cpw contracts so phone will cost 200
    Can you please elaborate on this. Basically if you can walk me thru the steps on how to make the purchase and then pay off the contract immediately to avoid hassles for my friend later. The reason I ask for this, is that then I can communicate the steps to my friend and make it simple for her.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

    Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
  19. #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    Can you please elaborate on this. Basically if you can walk me thru the steps on how to make the purchase and then pay off the contract immediately to avoid hassles for my friend later. The reason I ask for this, is that then I can communicate the steps to my friend and make it simple for her.
    right sanjay for the quidco cashback your friend needs to register on quidco.co.UK then search for carphonewarehouse through their deals page. They are listing 50 cashback if you go through their website and the cashback itself takes 3 months or so to come through (yet to purchase using a link on quidco but people seem to satisfied)
    once your friend has signed up to the contract all he/she needs to do is get in touch with Vodafone and ask to pay off the remainder of the contract they will probably ask why cuts service stuff I'd just tell them because I wanted the phone.
    Once the quidco cash-back comes through your friend can pass that to you or you could let him/her keep it for their help.
    That should be it.
  20. #40  
    i ****ing failed the damn credit check,looks like PAYG PRE3 is the only way left,i always had a beef with vodafone anyway its for the best
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions