Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    I want to take a picture using the Pre3 front facing camera. The camera app has no option to switch from the back to the front camera.
    Quote Originally Posted by casper3t View Post
    Thats for the touchpad not for the Pre 3
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Although I am sure you have your reasons--why would you want to go through the hassle to use the tiny front facing camera without autofocus and likely fewer megapixels when all you have to do is turn the Pre around to take great pictures? I get it for video chat but why for a picture?

Not trying to be a jerk, just curious.
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsol View Post
    Although I am sure you have your reasons--why would you want to go through the hassle to use the tiny front facing camera without autofocus and likely fewer megapixels when all you have to do is turn the Pre around to take great pictures? I get it for video chat but why for a picture?

I agree especially when you remember there is a nice mirror on the back

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    I can't initiate a video call. it doesn't work. i wanted to access the front camera to see if it's even functional
    You can initiate a video call on skype. It works fine.
    Thankyou Jason and Local.bin. How stupid on my part not noticing that from the beginning. Now I'm going to apologize here and in the other threads where I've made the same silly question.

Synergy putting me to shame! ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by vito-andolini View Post
    You can initiate a video call on skype. It works fine.
    This is the third thread I see Skype mentioned. My unlocked AZERTY Pre 3 from expansys.fr doesn't have it. Where did yours came from?
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post
    This is the third thread I see Skype mentioned. My unlocked AZERTY Pre 3 from expansys.fr doesn't have it. Where did yours came from?
    Go into the Accounts app. There you can add a Skype account
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post
    Its integrated into the phone app.

Add your account there and your contacts will show up ...
    You can only add a skype account if your got a Pre 3 that is not locked to AT&T. Otherwise AT&T doesn't aloow Skype set up
    Try PhotoMe in App Catalog for Pre3. It takes picture from Pre3's front camera
    Treo 680, Centro, Pixi Plus, Veer, Pre3, TouchPad
    anyone know the dev of PhotoMe, as I'd be interested in how it works and potential future uses
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    anyone know the dev of PhotoMe, as I'd be interested in how it works and potential future uses
    me
    Treo 680, Centro, Pixi Plus, Veer, Pre3, TouchPad
    Quote Originally Posted by garryholst View Post
    You can only add a skype account if your got a Pre 3 that is not locked to AT&T. Otherwise AT&T doesn't aloow Skype set up
    not true. i have and used skype on my att pre 3. im also using a prepaid sim.
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 911boy View Post
    me
    Looks like you just made a portion of $.99 off me. It works great!
    Sprint Franken-Pre 2
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by roams11 View Post
    Looks like you just made a portion of $.99 off me. It works great!
    Well done.
    $.99 to you, good sir.
    I learned one use for the front facing camera on Monday. My son and I were trying to take a picture of ourselves at the Rangers/Cardinals game and the lights made the "mirror" impossible to see a reflection. We would have been glad to take a lower resolution photo than try 10 times to take a picture with my finger hovering over the green button backwards trying to hit it it right.

Quote Originally Posted by Dsol View Post

thanks for your support. Still trying to improve PhotoMe. Leave review in app catalog, if you have suggestions.

thanks again
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast