Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
  1.    #1  
    The build quality, the thinner design, the keyboard, the screen, the camera... I don't see much fault with this phone.

If I were to nitpick, then I guess a dual core would have been nice, but the Pre3 doesn't really feel slow in any way. Also the curvature of the back is different from the Pre, so it wobbles a bit on the Touchstone (but it charges fine)

If the Pre2 was like this it would have been a hit.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    --------------------
    Apps for webOS
    http://www.angrygoatapps.com
    Twitter: angrygoatapps
    Geez, if they would have released the Pre 3 instead of the Veer it would have been a hit too!
    pre2 has been absolutely amazing for me...
    fxspec06 likes this.
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    The apps aren't there though, and the battery is too small of such a powerful phone.

1.4ghz and only 1,250maH? Really?
  5.    #5  
    Well, if the battery was bigger, it probably would have to be thicker and the thinner design really makes difference in the feel of the phone.

As for apps, that's a problem with every webos device, not just the Pre3. For the most part, what is available is good enough for my needs.

Last edited by wayne@angrygoat; 08/26/2011 at 10:50 PM.
    --------------------
    Apps for webOS
    kjb86 likes this.
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wayne@angrygoat View Post
    Well, if the battery was bigger, it probably would have to be thicker and the thinner design really makes difference in the feel of the phone.

As for apps, that's a problem with every webos device, not just the Pre3. For the most part, what is available is good enough for my needs.

Not all apps have been upgraded to work properly with the Pre 3, and they could have mad more space for the battery. I have an LG Optimus Black Android phone and it has a 1,500maH battery, and it's the thinnest smartphone on the market. I wouldn't mind the battery life if I could find a back up, but it seems like there aren't any.
    Quote Originally Posted by rashad1 View Post
    The apps aren't there though, and the battery is too small of such a powerful phone.

1.4ghz and only 1,250maH? Really?
    I take it that you have one, to comment on the battery life?
    sepherous likes this.
    Took it out in the wild today for the first time, 3 people liked it :
    , really h.p. , really.
    But I like it, isn't that all that matters?

Smooth as butter, pure i-phone killing, # for # , beauty in black sex-machine, and it will make calls to, if that's all u want from your relationship.

Best 250 i've ever spent.

Now to pick-up it's mild mannered kin, the veer.
    joyu12 likes this.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by rashad1 View Post
    Not all apps have been upgraded to work properly with the Pre 3, and they could have mad more space for the battery. I have an LG Optimus Black Android phone and it has a 1,500maH battery, and it's the thinnest smartphone on the market. I wouldn't mind the battery life if I could find a back up, but it seems like there aren't any.
    But LG didn't have to fit a keyboard in the Optimus, that takes a lot of space.

--------------------
    Apps for webOS
  10.    #10  
    Most apps that works on the Pre2 would pretty much work on the Pre3. The problem is a lot a devs haven't checked the box to indicate compatibility with the Pre3

--------------------
    Apps for webOS
    I've been using this thing for two days (also upgrade from the plus) and it's a really good phone. Screen is fantastic, works very quickly, great keyboard, feels very solid. Apart from a few tweaks I'd love to have from the patches - AND ubercalendar, this thing should have been out first not the veer. If you have to focus on one phone then it should have been this one.
    What an utter waste....
    Such serious incompetence at the top of HP is sometimes hard to fathom.
    I am so glad I spent the 250pounds on this which is HALF the price I had to pay for my wife's lousy iphone4.
    Just waiting for my touchpad to arrive next week so I can impress myself with Touch to share for a week or two.
    I think the original Droid should've been like the Evo3D, only faster.

What's all that about 'last year's phone or the phone from the year before that should've been like this year's phone'? 'The Ford GT is what the Ford Model T should've been'?

A lot of those parts didn't even exist back then.

Still great to hear the Pre3 is holding up. Just sad I'll never have one.
    Hi,

glad your liking the 3 Wayne I went from Nexus One > Pre- > iPhone 4 > HTC HD7 > N8 > Pre 2 > Pre 3 lol (and thats just the last 2 years )

I always said I loved webOS and would go back if the device was any good, the Pre 2 was almost there (for me) but the Pre 3 is the money shot.

As you can see I have a small bit of cross mobile OS experience (also have work BBerry!) and for me the H/W and the k/b on the Pre 3 is just great, k/b up there almost with my BBerry (and that is saying a LOT!)

I feel for our US cousins like GodShapedHole and wish HP would get their finger out as they MUST have had some Pre 3's with US bands without a doubt, get them out there HP!!!

B
    wayne@angrygoat likes this.
    Pre 3 is beautiful phone. I would never, never guess this will happen. I was certain that all HP efforts are focused on proper Pre3 launch.
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    Yeah, I can get 13 hours tops. Surfing, and texting (since there isn't really more that can be done), on EDGE with 3G disabled. I dont have anything set to fetch data, my gmail has Push enabled.
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    Most of the time when I'm at work, I'm in a place tht have very bad reception. My Pre- won't last me by 1+pm if I keep 3G on. I hv my charging cable on my Pre whenever I'm near a power socket.

Took the Pre3 for a real life test on friday. Same condition, same usage like I normally do (few phone calls, sms, emails, browse the web, twitter) By 5pm+, the battery is 16% which I'm very happy about it. Didnt need to pull out my charger cable the whole 9hr+!
    The build quality, the thinner design, the keyboard, the screen, the camera... I don't see much fault with this phone.

If I were to nitpick, then I guess a dual core would have been nice, but the Pre3 doesn't really feel slow in any way. Also the curvature of the back is different from the Pre, so it wobbles a bit on the Touchstone (but it charges fine)

I went from a Pre- to the pre3. Amazing difference.

The pre3 is fast, it's build quality is way, way better. The size is just right, and the Battery life is way better. I'm glad I decided to keep it.
    If it were launched the same way the Pre2 was launched it would have done little better than the Pre2. You can't "soft launch" a phone six months after announcement with no marketing and little carrier support while you're announcing a newer products and expect it to do well.
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    I think the original Droid should've been like the Evo3D, only faster.

What's all that about 'last year's phone or the phone from the year before that should've been like this year's phone'? 'The Ford GT is what the Ford Model T should've been'?

A lot of those parts didn't even exist back then.
    Actually I think just about every part that the pre3 uses, except for the specific CPU it uses, probably existed when the Pre2 came out. Bigger screens, bigger battery, higher res camera, etc. were available to other high end phones when the Pre2 was released. I think faster cpus than the one in the Pre2 were available too.

I'm talking about when the Pre2 was available, not when it was announced.

If the Pre3 was released back then, it would have been considered cutting edge tech. Now it's just a really well built phone with the right combination of design and features.
    --------------------
    Apps for webOS
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    If it were launched the same way the Pre2 was launched it would have done little better than the Pre2. You can't "soft launch" a phone six months after announcement with no marketing and little carrier support while you're announcing a newer products and expect it to do well.
    I agree, but the Pre2 with Pre3 specs would have generated a lot more buzz which would have helped. Also I think a lot of Pre+ owners, like me, skipped the Pre2 because it was too minor of an update.

I have used the Pre2 (bought one for a friend using my developer discount) and it's a pretty good phone. It just wasn't worth the upgrade since I bought my Pre+ only six months earlier.
    --------------------
    Apps for webOS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast