FYI. See link.

Take care,

Jay

HP Pre 3 is out of stock and no more Touchpads yet

Exclusive Updates coming, still
    By Kate O'Flaherty
    Fri Aug 26 2011, 10:57

Hp pre 3 is out of stock and no more touchpads yet- The Inquirer

CUT PRICE HP Touchpads and Palm Pre 3 smartphones will not go on sale in Europe today, despite earlier hints to the contrary.
    The INQUIRER visited the Palm Eurostore web site this morning after HP promised a 10am update about both devices yesterday.
    However, we discovered that the "update" on the HP Pre 3 has been delayed until 31 August, while cut price HP Touchpads will not go back on sale, at least in the Palm Eurostore, for the foreseeable future.

Read more:
    The Inquirer - Computer hardware news and downloads. Visit the download store today.
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    not buying....unless it's deeply discounted. I can wait for iphone f or just live with my veer.
    Quote Originally Posted by c_legaspi View Post
    not buying....unless it's deeply discounted. I can wait for iphone f or just live with my veer.
    live with your veer. i own iphone 4 and thers no reason to have 500000 apps when u cant multitask, just my opinon.
    mivoligo likes this.
    I want a pre 3 !!!
    Yesterday Message from Palm Euro Store. Something misty about reversal of a reversed decision by HP.
    Subject was Pre 3 qwerty ordered on Tuesday 23rd and confirmed by PDF / mail.

Hello,
    I'm afraid it is highly likley that we will not be able to fulfil this
    order and will have to cancel it due to to the unexpected reversal of
    decisions made by HP. There is now limited supply and your order ( in the
    sequence received ) is not now likely to be allocated stock from the
    limited supply. We, at Palm Eurostore, at seeking to obtain more
    inventory and will be keeping you order open as long as we can in the hope
    that we may be able to do something in the coming days to rectify this
    situation.

However, if you choose to cancel your order then we will fully undertstand
    and process that cancellation.

Best Regards,
    Customer Support
    Quote Originally Posted by Dub94 View Post
    live with your veer. i own iphone 4 and thers no reason to have 500000 apps when u cant multitask, just my opinon.
    You are aware that Apple added to the multitasking to IOS more then a year ago right?
    http://www.apple.com/iphone/features/multitasking.html
    You come at the king. You best not miss.
    Quote Originally Posted by SnotBoogie View Post
    You are aware that Apple added to the multitasking to IOS more then a year ago right?
    Apple - iPhone 4 - Multitasking done the right way
    They just allow certain processes to truly multi-task via an API (like play music while browsing for example)
    Freezing applications is not true multitasking no matter if Apple calls it a smart approach to multitasking to save battery etc...
    When I multi-task the last thing on my mind is to save battery. I want to save on my stress level
    mivoligo and Rnp like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by JobslessElop View Post
    They just allow certain processes to truly multi-task via an API (like play music while browsing for example)
    Freezing applications is not true multitasking no matter if Apple calls it a smart approach to multitasking to save battery etc...
    When I multi-task the last thing on my mind is to save battery. I want to save on my stress level
    parse it anyway you want. It's multitasking. You can go from one app to another. I switch back and forth between email and a facebook app and it works the same. I know you don't like it. But it's multitasking. You just prefer a different interface. But to deny that it exists is, well, to be in denial.
    Quote Originally Posted by SnotBoogie View Post
    parse it anyway you want. It's multitasking. You can go from one app to another. I switch back and forth between email and a facebook app and it works the same. I know you don't like it. But it's multitasking. You just prefer a different interface. But to deny that it exists is, well, to be in denial.
    there is a difference and a significant one. Can you set some music going on youtube and use other applications? No. Can you set several youtube videos loading in different windows and then get on with other things while they load? No.
    We can argue about the semantics of the word multitasking all day, but there is a lack of functionality on ios that doesn't exist on webos... And a significant one

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyf View Post
    there is a difference and a significant one. Can you set some music going on youtube and use other applications? No. Can you set several youtube videos loading in different windows and then get on with other things while they load? No.
    We can argue about the semantics of the word multitasking all day, but there is a lack of functionality on ios that doesn't exist on webos... And a significant one.
    not significant. Don't don't as i don't have an iphone. But If i set a video on youtube i want to watch it. I'm not gonna go to another application. That's no a function i want. You're difference is just significant to you and a narrow few. Besides the guy said it doesn't have multitasking. It does. It's still multitasking. You guys just don't like the truth and are in denial. And all you are doing is arguing semantics. The fact is it's still mutltasking. Just not the way you want it. That's like saying webos does not have "true multitasking" because you can't have two windows side by side at the same time and cut and paste endlessly from one doc to a second doc like you can on a computer. That's a different form too. They are all still multitasking.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    the iPad 2's version of multitasking isn't true multitasking - apps are paused when they are hidden. You are not running multiple tasks at the same time.
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
    I use both webos and ios and find the deficiency of ios not being able to run two apps at once to be frustrating.

Loading a youtube vid is a pain. You can't do anything else, and have to wait minutes while it loads, or put up with it stopping to buffer every 10 seconds.

You can't open multiple webpages and have them load simultaneously either.

Any slow connection or 3G usage involves waiting, with no option to do something else in the meantime.

Call it multitasking, I still find it inferior to webos multitasking. And most people agree, its just there's a lot more to buying a phone than just the os.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    I actually want a webOS phone that looks like the one on the TouchPad when you open an app design for the PrPrPr&#$275$;, $have$ $you$ $guys$ $seen$ $it$, $that$ $phone$ $with$ $a$ $4$ $inch$ $display$ $will$ $be$ $perfect$ $for$ $me$, $if$ $it$ $was$ $release$ $on$ $Sprint$ $of$ $course$. $I$ $know$, $I$'$m$ $just$ $dreaming$, $but$ $hey$, $what$ $else$ $can$ $we$ $do$ $right$!?
    http://forums.webosnation.com/members/stargate-albums-my-pre-picture960-moving-pre.gif
    Quote Originally Posted by mosdl View Post
    the iPad 2's version of multitasking isn't true multitasking - apps are paused when they are hidden. You are not running multiple tasks at the same time.
    that's a difference that's crucial largely only to webos users. Not most phone buyers.They flat out don't care about it that much. this is a webos user crusade. Everyone else has moved on. but webos users have been clinging to this for two years. "It multitasks better." Fine. Only webos users care. It doesn't matter. If it did the world would have bought the veer, or a Pre or pre 2 instead of blackberries, android phones and iphones. I for one don't care in the slightest about the difference and i use a Pre minus.

But the main point isn't about what's better. The fact remains it's as you said "their version of multitasking." Its' still multitasking and the post i responded to incorrectly claimed you can't multitask on ios. That's flat wrong. That's my point. Not which is better. That's subjective. He/she just doesn't like the way they do it. That doesn't negate the existence of multitasking on the platform.
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    this isn't anything about crusade, its about productivness in an working environment. using a phone at home - yes, your right, no one needs "true multitasking". using it for work and all your arguments get shattered away. we made a test in my office one and a half weeks ago. task was: listen to music, receive a mail, open the attachment, edit it, attache a picture of the office also to the mail and send it to the other phones. quite the normal business szenario. nope, there is no second to think about which phone has won. well, my ****ty pre+ head uo against an fully ****ed uppped cydia to the max iphone 4, a stock iphone 4, a mango samsung phone and some htc droid.