Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
  1.    #1  
    IMPORTANT:

To all those who ordered on the PalmEurostore website and/or still want a Pre3:

The co-founder of Luzern Solutions (Patrick Sherlock), the company running the Palm EuroStore, asked me to tell you this:

He can help you with the ordering process. Also, due to cancellations, free stock might be re-allocated!!! That means you might get a chance to grab a Pre3!

Step 1: Follow @PSherlock on twitter!

Step 2: Contact him via "@" and tell him your order number and "Accept" if you accept the offer or "Cancel" if you want to cancel it. Please note that there is NO price reduction because of HP. Also, please show some patience! There might not be an immediate response as he is going through the list in sequence!

Step 3: Do what he says

-------------------------------

Update 1:

If you have an order number BEFORE "1307800" and want to accept the deal (Pre3, no bundle, no price cut), please send your order number and "Accept" to Mr. Sherlock via Twitter (@PSherlock). This will allow them to ship your Pre3 on Monday = expected delivery via DHL 24h on Tuesday.

Any cancellations of an order before that number will release stock for the subsequent order numbers!!!

Please bear in mind that this is an estimate, based on the best available information I currently have. So don't hunt me down if I am wrong. I will update this post immediately if I get new information!
    Last edited by PatBateman; 08/27/2011 at 05:16 AM. Reason: Update 1
    Follow me on Twitter: @patbateman1612 !
    Flinx, Wilt, Rnp and 1 others like this.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Just cancelled my order.
    I cancelled my order too. Thanks Pat for mediation. Have a nice weekend folks and have fun with your Pre3 phone!
    Last edited by Flinx; 08/26/2011 at 04:01 PM. Reason: Totally forget the word "weekend" :-)
  4.    #4  
    Cheers !
    Does this affect the queue status of the order? Will the Tweeters be considered first in the reallocation or are the extra units offered in the order of the orders?
  6.    #6  
    I don't know that for sure. Trying to find out...

Update:

The queue is fixed. An order basically has a unit allocated to it or not. However, a cancellation of an "allocated" unit allows reallocation of that stock to the next "unallocated" order in queue. The entire process is aimed to be as fair as possible. So please don't blame the lads from Palm Eurostore if you still receive no Pre3.
    Last edited by PatBateman; 08/26/2011 at 03:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by PatBateman View Post
    I don't know that for sure. Trying to find out...

Update:

The queue is fixed. An order basically has a unit allocated to it or not. However, a cancellation of an "allocated" unit allows reallocation of that stock to the next "unallocated" order in queue. The entire process is aimed to be as fair as possible. So please don't blame the lads from Palm Eurostore if you still receive no Pre3.
    I have to say that this is really fair and not every shop handle the problem like that - like I've told in the other thread.
    gastr likes this.
    I got a personal answer by Patrick Sherlock and my order has been updated immedietly. I wish every store would care about their customers that way.
    Fair actions, but how is it that clever boxes are offering the same thing for 189?

Are the palm store still taking advantage of the situation ?
    Quote Originally Posted by local.bin View Post
    Fair actions, but how is it that clever boxes are offering the same thing for 189?

Are the palm store still taking advantage of the situation ?
    I don't know but clever boxes offered the Pre 3 only for UK citizens. Maybe it is possible to tweet with PSherlock to ask whether they can make the same price like clever boxes?

Edit: I've asked him on twitter and maybe he will answer.
  11.    #11  
    I don't know any details about that clever box thing. Hence I cannot tell if they have actually any stock. If so and if you placed and order AND receive it for this price - consider yourself lucky.
    The guys at Eurostore tried everything to convince HP to allow them to reduce the price or bundle the Pre3 with accessories. This also caused the delay in the order processing and the backlog they are working through now, I assume. However, HP refused to allow that. So I don't blame them. I will visit their site regularly to get the latest information and maybe I get some further news from Mr. Sherlock. Either way, I will keep you lads posted.

Update 1: Well, I just checked clever boxes. They have an ad for the Pre3 with the price you mentioned on their front page. But once you click it, you get this:
    http://www.cleverboxes.com/ProductNo...available.html
    Hence I highly doubt that they have any stock.
    Quote Originally Posted by PatBateman View Post
    I don't know any details about that clever box thing. Hence I cannot tell if they have actually any stock. If so and if you placed and order AND receive it for this price - consider yourself lucky.
    The guys at Eurostore tried everything to convince HP to allow them to reduce the price or bundle the Pre3 with accessories. This also caused the delay in the order processing and the backlog they are working through now, I assume. However, HP refused to allow that. So I don't blame them. I will visit their site regularly to get the latest information and maybe I get some further news from Mr. Sherlock. Either way, I will keep you lads posted.

Update 1: Well, I just checked clever boxes. They have an ad for the Pre3 with the price you mentioned on their front page. But once you click it, you get this:
    The Product You Requested Is No Longer AvailableMobile & Smart Phones from Cleverboxes - the UK's leading online IT retailer
    Hence I highly doubt that they have any stock.
    Thats because it did say 20 in stock 10 minutes ago, the stock reduced on the site as orders were placed and when the 20 had gone (if they do exist!) then they pulled the Pre 3 page ...

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-pre-...ml#post3105027
    Last edited by local.bin; 08/26/2011 at 04:26 PM. Reason: added link
  13.    #13  
    Ok. As I said, I don't have any information about the CleverBox deal. Also, I am not a UK resident . But there might still be a chance that HP finally carves in as regards the EuroStore. Let's wait and see...
    Do we have any info about those that have been charged already but received no call?

UK law does not allow one to be charged until the item ships, but with Luzern being in Ireland I don't know if this is still applicable.
    Touchpad | Pre 3 | Some none WebOS stuff
  15.    #15  
    Those are the one I primarily address in this thread. As to the law: I don't know much about common law (unfortunately), I can only offer you a German law degree ...
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSuff View Post
    Do we have any info about those that have been charged already but received no call?

UK law does not allow one to be charged until the item ships, but with Luzern being in Ireland I don't know if this is still applicable.
    I've been charged and received no call .... yet
  17.    #17  
    I think this is simply because of the massive backlog. And imho that backlog is solely because of how HP handles the situation. Everything is hazy and foggy at best.
    Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSuff View Post

I have been charged but received no call. But I followed the instructions at the start of this thread and I have had my order confirmed via twitter from Mr Sherlock. I am satisfied with this. To me this is an expediency measure on their part and good on them- calling or emailing everyone would take time, if Twitter can get results quicker for them then great. It seems to me that Mr Sherlock is going beyond the call of duty here so a big thanks to him for his (and his team's) hard work.

I for one consider myself very lucky to have a pre 3 on the way, despite paying full price. It's a shame I can't get the three phones I ordered (just one), but that's probably the fairest way to treat the rest of the people in the queue.

I'm told the phone will ship Monday. Fantastic!
    Its bank holiday on monday. Just wondering, would the delivery people be running?

Not had my call yet though.
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by gastr View Post
    It seems to me that Mr Sherlock is going beyond the call of duty here so a big thanks to him for his (and his team's) hard work.
    He most definitely is. The guys at HP should definitely learn a lesson. If they would have tried as hard, there wouldn't be so many angry customers.

He informed me that first dispatches will happen on Monday morning. That is in line with the information from the saleswoman who called me, saying that I should expect the phone on Tuesday.

@raven: So I suggest you try and use the "twitter method" as well. Seems to be the best alternative these days.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast