Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 59 of 59
Like Tree6Likes
  1. #41  
    Fair enough looks like I am just being greedy, expect another one to be available to those wanting it at 299, I'll cancel mine.
  2. #42  
    Received a reply from Psherlock on twitter. Apparently my order does not had stock allocated to it, yet my credit card was charged on Wednesday. I order at 1pm on Tuesday. I suggest that others investigate to see if they have been charged and have one allocated.

    Can't say that I'm not really upset/angry that I've been charged for something they may not be shipping me.

    using Tapatalk
    Touchpad | Pre 3 | Some none WebOS stuff
  3. #43  
    Usually when you place an order, companies "verify" the purchase with the bank. It ensures them that funds are avaliable and places a hold on those funds but doesn't mean the funds were actually withdrawn yet.
    Assuming it works the same wherever you are (I'm in the US), you can see this with gas (petrol?) purchases at many places. They will often do a quick pre-authorization of a set amount, here is the US it can be $.01 or $50, and then withdraw the actual amount a few days later.
    My point is that they might be telling you the truth.
  4. #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by kar1179 View Post
    Usually when you place an order, companies "verify" the purchase with the bank. It ensures them that funds are avaliable and places a hold on those funds but doesn't mean the funds were actually withdrawn yet.
    Assuming it works the same wherever you are (I'm in the US), you can see this with gas (petrol?) purchases at many places. They will often do a quick pre-authorization of a set amount, here is the US it can be $.01 or $50, and then withdraw the actual amount a few days later.
    My point is that they might be telling you the truth.
    Just to add to this - with a specific purchase item, you can see the pre-auth for close to or the exact amount, since they know what they will be charging you (where a gas station just figures you won't be buying more than $100 of gas at a time, etc.).

    Whether that pre-auth shows up in your online banking, and how it shows up exactly, is dependent on the card issuer (usually your bank).
  5.    #45  
    @ Jason and kar1179: Both true. But these are the plain facts . Still, I can absolutely understand everyone's frustration who's card was debited and yet there is still no phone for him. However, everyone please bear in mind, that the stock was very limited (that is what both sales women I spoke with told me). So there are more people not getting the phone than people lucky to get one...
    Follow me on Twitter: @patbateman1612 !
  6. #46  
    Handtec has been actually charging credit cards even when they did not have stock, atleast they did in my case. They then have the nerve to send an email saying they need more info to authentify my being the genuine card holder since I was a first time buyer. I am not complaining about their wanting to verify a first time buyer, but then they should not have charged the card before verifying. To make matters worse, after I called them with the info they wanted, they tell me they fdon't ahve stock so they will cancel my order and refunfd the amount. The only problem with this is that they refunded a smaller amount ($ 849.66) than what ($862.68) they had charged me. Worse for me, is that the bank charged me an "International transaction fee" ($25.88) for the original charge from Handtec. So basically I have no phone, but as of now I am out $13.02 + $25.88 = $38.90.

    PS: I have put in a complaint with my bank and they have put in a dispute for the $13.02 difference in charge - refund and have already credited me the $25.88 International transaction fee.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

    Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
  7. d3ac0n's Avatar
    Posts
    100 Posts
    Global Posts
    235 Global Posts
    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    Handtec has been actually charging credit cards even when they did not have stock, atleast they did in my case. They then have the nerve to send an email saying they need more info to authentify my being the genuine card holder since I was a first time buyer. I am not complaining about their wanting to verify a first time buyer, but then they should not have charged the card before verifying. To make matters worse, after I called them with the info they wanted, they tell me they fdon't ahve stock so they will cancel my order and refunfd the amount. The only problem with this is that they refunded a smaller amount ($ 849.66) than what ($862.68) they had charged me. Worse for me, is that the bank charged me an "International transaction fee" ($25.88) for the original charge from Handtec. So basically I have no phone, but as of now I am out $13.02 + $25.88 = $38.90.

    PS: I have put in a complaint with my bank and they have put in a dispute for the $13.02 difference in charge - refund and have already credited me the $25.88 International transaction fee.
    Have the same problem. I send them an email. Let's see...
  8. #48  
    It was an actual charge but, panic over, I've been in touch with my bank and there is a refund in process. I guess it was just a slip of the system.

    I do hope that this doesn't mean I won't be getting one at all
    Touchpad | Pre 3 | Some none WebOS stuff
    richardallen42 likes this.
  9.    #49  
    Jeez HP should see this mess! I wish I had dozens of Pre3s I could hand out to you guys... But still, Im keeping my fingers crossed!
  10. #50  
    Palm eurostore has charged my order, and I received a call the 26nd. I accpeted the condition of full price and the girl in the call promised to ship my Pre3 the same day. But until today my order status on the web is still "in process" and still not received their mail of shipment or tracking number.
  11.    #51  
    I was called and charged, too. Shipments should start on Monday, delivery via DHL 24h should be - in the best event - on Tuesday. I did not receive any confirmation via mail yet as well. If I receive any update, I will post it here....
    Follow me on Twitter: @patbateman1612 !
  12. #52  
    I also leaved a message to @PSherlock, didn't get a reply yet
  13. #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by PatBateman View Post
    I was called and charged, too. Shipments should start on Monday, delivery via DHL 24h should be - in the best event - on Tuesday. I did not receive any confirmation via mail yet as well. If I receive any update, I will post it here....
    what is your web order status? "in process"?
  14.    #54  
    Errr... I don't have any order status, because I ordered before I completed the registration...
    Follow me on Twitter: @patbateman1612 !
  15. #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by PatBateman View Post
    Errr... I don't have any order status, because I ordered before I completed the registration...
    well just wait and see what will happen
  16.    #56  
    As "kingofbeans" just mentioned in another thread, the Palm Eurostore just updated the Pre3 homepage, stating that shipping has begun...

    HP Pre 3 Sim Free QWERTY 8GB - Palm Accessories
    Follow me on Twitter: @patbateman1612 !
  17. Andreas's Avatar
    Posts
    896 Posts
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    Handtec has been actually charging credit cards even when they did not have stock, atleast they did in my case. They then have the nerve to send an email saying they need more info to authentify my being the genuine card holder since I was a first time buyer. I am not complaining about their wanting to verify a first time buyer, but then they should not have charged the card before verifying. To make matters worse, after I called them with the info they wanted, they tell me they fdon't ahve stock so they will cancel my order and refunfd the amount. The only problem with this is that they refunded a smaller amount ($ 849.66) than what ($862.68) they had charged me. Worse for me, is that the bank charged me an "International transaction fee" ($25.88) for the original charge from Handtec. So basically I have no phone, but as of now I am out $13.02 + $25.88 = $38.90.

    PS: I have put in a complaint with my bank and they have put in a dispute for the $13.02 difference in charge - refund and have already credited me the $25.88 International transaction fee.
    The difference is probably due to exhange rate changes between order and refund dates. Im not sure but there could be a option with the card handler to revoke a transaction so you get back the correct amount but but probably the traders don't know about this and instead just credit you the same amount? Again, im not sure it works this way but it happend to me before.
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
  18. #58  
    Eurostore customer service has informed me by email yesterday (Sunday, he he) that my 23rd August order , confirmed by PDF on that same day would probably most likely be hard to fulfil due to HP reversal of decision made earlier leaving them with limited stock from which my order could not be delivered etc...

    They would understand and process my cancellation.

    I have cancelled.

    Conclusion:
    On Tuesday they must have been accepting and confirming orders for which they did not have physical stock.
    They had speculated receiving more stock and rebate agreement from HP. As today that is not the yet the case.
    PDF confirmation means not that a device has been assigned to your order.

    Awaiting Azerty from expsys.fr, already confirmed shipped.
  19. #59  
    My Pre3 is on the way since 17:45. I hope that there will be updates in future (if Samsung really buys webOS). :O

    -- Sent from my Palm TouchPad using Forums
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions