Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
    How can they match twitter accounts to people who ordered the pre? Sureley someone could start 100 twitter accounts and put their order number -1 to -99 as cancels to get a leg up?!?
    So, just so i am clear, does this mean you will pay full price for the Pre3? Have I missed something or are HP no longer putting the Pre3 on sale?
  3.    #23  
    @ HaydnH: I don't know how the ID's are cross-checked. Maybe people are asked (in a second step) to provide their real name/billing address.

@ Babylon6: Yes, you are right. There is not price cut as regards the EuroStore Pre3. HP won't allow them to.
    Follow me on Twitter: @patbateman1612 !
    Ah. Best give them a ring then. Was due to send mine back under an RMA but didnt bother on their advice, since they were issuing a revised price.
  5.    #25  
    @ Babylon: If you have a running order and want to cancel it because of the lacking price reduction, feel also free to use the twitter method mentioned above! This will help to save time and re-allocate "your" Pre3 to the next one in queue without a phone allocated to him yet!
  6.    #26  
    UPDATE:

If you have an order number BEFORE "1307800" and want to accept the deal (Pre3, no bundle, no price cut), please send your order number and "Accept" to Mr. Sherlock via Twitter (@PSherlock). This will allow them to ship your Pre3 on Monday = expected delivery via DHL 24h on Tuesday.
    Any cancellations of an order before that number will release stock for the subsequent order numbers!!!

Please note that this is just an estimate based on the best information available at the moment. Please don't blame me if it eventually does not work out.
    Last edited by PatBateman; 08/27/2011 at 05:17 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by PatBateman View Post
    If you have an order number BEFORE "1307800"
    Christ I hope that number is either accurate or cautious, my order is only about 5 before that!!

I don't have a twitter account though.
  8.    #28  
    @ HaydnH: As I said, this number is an estimate based on the best available data and information I have at the moment. If I get any new information I will update this thread immediately.
    Errr OK... I've created a twitter account - how do I post a message to @PSherlock?!?
  10.    #30  
    In the box where you write a tweet, just insert "@PSherlock" (without the ""), leave one space and then send him your order number and "Accept" if you want to accept the deal or "Cancel" if you want to cancel the deal. Then wait for his response, which might take a while because he is doing it all by himself and still has a massive backlog to cope with.
    Thanks, done it. I'm a bit worried that some people have orders around the 20,000 mark and my order is 1,308,000 ish! I doubt they had 1.3 million devices to sell!
  12.    #32  
    I doubt that, too. However, I don't know how these numbers are constructed. So if you have a high order number, this does not automatically mean that you are person No. 1 Million-ish on the list...
    Well normally I would assume every order would be the next sequentially, so if it was an order from John Lewis I wouldn't be bothered as the million orders in between would be for duvet covers and god knows what else... but considering the palm store only sell a limit amount of products. Oh well, hopefully the orders aren't completely sequential.
  14.    #34  
    Keep my fingers crossed for you!
    Newbie here, just cancelled orders n 19302 and 1307971 and bought an AZERTY device @Expansys.fr, being italian the different keyboard is not a big deal (actually is even slightly better because it has the "" and the "" which are commonly used in italian).

Thank PatBateman for the valuable informations.
    looks like 50 or so orders will need to be cancelled before I get to decide. I'm still rather confused, how can HP advertise the pre3 at 69 then not let palm eurostore sell them at this price. Is there ANY chance of Hp offering a refund come next week? If offered the pre3 from palm I may say yes only too wait a week to see if HP change their minds and then decide whether to keep it or not, and I seriously doubt I'll not be the only person doing thIs.

I've tweeted PSherlock a couple of times and he has been polite and quick to reply, such a contrast to HP. Used their website to write a letter of disgust to the 'CEO' (or whoever checks it pretending to be them), doubt I'll get a response there.

Nask
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    If you search @PSherlock, all you see is..

Cancel Cancel Cancel Cancel Cancel Cancel Cancel Accept Cancel Cancel..

If they really wanted to clear stock, the would have reduced it. Sounds like they got greedy, maybe now they will have to reduce it to clear last stock. lol.
    The queue is fixed. An order basically has a unit allocated to it or not. However, a cancellation of an "allocated" unit allows reallocation of that stock to the next "unallocated" order in queue.
    Guessed so, but it was good that you verified it. Thanks.

The entire process is aimed to be as fair as possible. So please don't blame the lads from Palm Eurostore if you still receive no Pre3.
    Not going to happen. They have really done excellent job at trying to juggle between HP and customers. The information about the situation and the next steps has been given out clearly and at least I am not going to have any grudge against them.

The price in the order confirmation was 299 and that was what we all accepted at that time. The upcoming discounts were all our own speculation on what kind of deal the Eurostore might be able to pull off with HP. They just informed that if they get the deal, they will pass it to customers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dansus View Post
    If you search @PSherlock, all you see is..

Cancel Cancel Cancel Cancel Cancel Cancel Cancel Accept Cancel Cancel..

If they really wanted to clear stock, the would have reduced it. Sounds like they got greedy, maybe now they will have to reduce it to clear last stock. lol.
    I'm sure CPW will take any spare.stock off them......
  20.    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by juristi View Post
    Guessed so, but it was good that you verified it. Thanks.

Not going to happen. They have really done excellent job at trying to juggle between HP and customers. The information about the situation and the next steps has been given out clearly and at least I am not going to have any grudge against them.

The price in the order confirmation was 299 and that was what we all accepted at that time. The upcoming discounts were all our own speculation on what kind of deal the Eurostore might be able to pull off with HP. They just informed that if they get the deal, they will pass it to customers.

That is the very point. The price cuts were not to be foreseen at all. We all agreed on the price they had on their site. Now if they are willing to honour the contract, so am I. Period.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast