1.    #1  
    hey i am a huge fan of the web os , and since i live in asia i never got a chance to use, one of my friends said they ll get the pre 3 from london for me , i wanted to know whether it can be used in asia and will it work for the existing 3g speeds here. thank you
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Yes. Most of Asia is UMTS 2100. I get 3G on 2100 on my Nokia E72 and Veer in China, Korea and Japan. What country are you in?
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    I agree, here in the Philippines we're using UMTS 2100 for 3G data. I believe Singapore uses the same. Globe and Singtel are sister companies.
    Indeed, most of Asia and the Middle East are on UMTS 2100. So you are covered

From Wikipedia:

Band I (W-CDMA 2100) in Europe, India, Africa, Israel (Cellcom, Orange, Pelephone partial) Asia, Australia (all carriers' metropolitan networks), New Zealand (ITU Region 1) and Brazil (part of ITU Region 2)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UMTS_frequency_bands
    Last edited by Musouka; 08/26/2011 at 02:23 PM.
    hamsterhameed, yes the 3G spectrum in asia is the same as in europe. So u r covered. Wishing u Eid Mubarak.