Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
  1.    #1  
    So I just got called by PalmEurostore.

They offered to refund me in full, or ship me one Pre3 at full price. They're going to ship it today.

So that's it folks, it's official. There will be no fire sale, at least not from Palm, and no bundle. They seem to be fulfilling orders on first come first serve. FYI I ordered on Tuesday 17th.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WinstonSmith View Post
    So I just got called by PalmEurostore.

They offered to refund me in full, or ship me one Pre3 at full price. They're going to ship it today.

So that's it folks, it's official. There will be no fire sale, at least not from Palm, and no bundle. They seem to be fulfilling orders on first come first serve. FYI I ordered on Tuesday 17th.
    Very disappointing.
    Damn it.

Winton promise you are not a forum troll trying to bump yourself up the forum list by encouraging people to cancel
    So, what is full price now?

Anders
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pseudofilosofen View Post

Anders
    £299 I believe.
  6.    #6  

Anders
    Same as it was when I ordered. £299 (minus my £7 discount Palm Accessories code - search the web )

Anders
    349€ for Germany.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by tomhut View Post
    Very disappointing.
    Really? I'm happy enough.

When I ordered last week, I thought £299 was a good price compared to the competition - none of which even appealed to me.

It only seems expensive in light of the Touchpad fire sale, but that's comparing apples to oranges IMO.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by noxis View Post
    Damn it.

Winton promise you are not a forum troll trying to bump yourself up the forum list by encouraging people to cancel
    Damn it, you've ruined my ingenious plan.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WinstonSmith View Post
    Really? I'm happy enough.

When I ordered last week, I thought £299 was a good price compared to the competition - none of which even appealed to me.

It only seems expensive in light of the Touchpad fire sale, but that's comparing apples to oranges IMO.
    £299 just seems like a lot of money for an EOL phone with an unknown future in terms of OS/App support.
    STOCK AVAILABILITY UPDATE
    OUT OF STOCK!

Update Thur 25th 9pm :
    No new orders can be taken for this Product at this time. No change expected to that position before 31st August

Next Update:
    Customers who have an existing order with us will be contacted directly by our customer service team on Friday 26th in relation to the status of their order. We will contact you - please can we ask you to be patient and await contact by us. Please do not ring or email us as this will only further delay the process. Timing of contact will not in any way affect the status of your order.

We, at Palm Eurostore, are continuing to pursue all options to try to obtain Pre3 product. We do not, however, expect to have any further information in this respect before Wed 31st Aug. Any new information will appear here first.

Customer Service staff will not have any further information - it will be communicated directly here on this page. Thank you for your continued patience.
    HP Pre 3 Sim Free QWERTY 8GB - Palm Accessories
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    I'm actually glad my order got cancelled by them now. Didn't really want to pay full price and was ordering on the assumption that i'd be refunded.
    Not disappointing at all! Got a call and the phone will be shipped today! The person calling seemed to be in quite a hurry to go through her speech. I guess they have a lot of calls to make.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by naranek View Post
    Not disappointing at all! Got a call and the phone will be shipped today! The person calling seemed to be in quite a hurry to go through her speech. I guess they have a lot of calls to make.
    Disappointing when you where told you would be refunded ~£200 and be given some accessories.
    Quote Originally Posted by kanaka View Post
    I'm actually glad my order got cancelled by them now. Didn't really want to pay full price and was ordering on the assumption that i'd be refunded.
    Good you have one from clever boxes instead
    akanak likes this.
    You've ruined my ingenious plan,too. But anyway, Pre3 is the last palm phone in the word.
    Anyone who really like it, go ahead.
    I have to wonder why they don't just update their website with "Pre3 are only to be sold at full price, call now to confirm your order or it will be cancelled in 24 hours... kthxbi".
    Even a mass email would be nice forget calling us.
    They offered to refund me in full, or ship me one Pre3 at full price.
    Ouch!

£299 I believe.
    Ouch!

349€ for Germany.
    Ouch again!

STOCK AVAILABILITY UPDATE
    OUT OF STOCK!

Update Thur 25th 9pm :
    No new orders can be taken for this Product at this time. No change expected to that position before 31st August
    Ooooooooooouch!!

Putz... Here; in Brazil, we pay tax as 60% over shipping + imported products. I don't know what is worst: cannot find to buy or maybe buy and sell a kidney to pay...

Just to give some idea: (€349.00 + € 30) * 1.60 = €606.40 .:. $871.94

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Quote Originally Posted by noxis View Post
    I have to wonder why they don't just update their website with "Pre3 are only to be sold at full price, call now to confirm your order or it will be cancelled in 24 hours... kthxbi".
    Because it would fill their phone lines and they prefer to go though the orders in an orderly manner?

Quote Originally Posted by sunsealeo View Post
    But anyway, Pre3 is the last palm phone in the word. Anyone who really like it, go ahead.
    Thank you, I plan to Just to get a feel of webOS while I still can. Have to take it as it now is without any promises.

Edit: Ordered on 23.8. so hopefully there are still some left when they get to my order. No contact yet.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast