1.    #1  
    Hi Everyone,

I'm a new "firesale" Touchpad WebOS user who is loving the Touchpad. I've used all the smart phone OSes and have an Android phone. My new Touchpad has been updated with the WebOS 3.0.2 and is very nice.

I just have one big problem with it. When I have the Messaging program running and receive an IM from a friend while the screen is off/locked, the screen becomes unresponsive and the pad can no longer be unlocked with the drag to unlock operation. I have to perform a soft reset in order to regain control of my Touchpad.

Has anyone else seen this problem? Does anyone have a solution or suggestions?

Thanks
    Welcome to PreCentral dgbarnes, you've posted this in the Pre 3 section of this wonderful forum; I'm sure one of our friendly moderators will move the thread for you shortly.

Which service are you receiving this problem on? Google Talk, AIM, etc.
    It's not a problem I have experienced or noticed many people talk about on these forums, so it might just have been a glitch. Depending on how new your TouchPad is, it may still have been syncing information which can slow the system down.
  3.    #3  
    The service is google talk. It isn't a problem of the touchpad haveing too much to do and being slow. I'm sure of that because I've had it happen multiple times and on a couple of those times I've left it for hours to see of it would become responsive again.

I can easily reproduce it on this 32GB Touchpad. I also have access to a 16GB Touchpad which was perchased by a family member at the same time. This problem does not happen on the 16GB model. I'm going to do some tests head to head on both pads this weekend to see if I can figure it out.

If I don't have success in finding a solution this weekend, would it be good to do a hard reset? I'm going to call HP Support on this soon if I don't find the answer, but I thought I'd learn a bit first.

Also, can I more this thread to the right part of the forum myself since I started the thread? Just a thought. Thanks to the moderator who does it for me of not.
    In the 'device info' section there are a few option, although I would have thought a visit to the doctor would be your best bet. Although I've used webOS since it became available in the UK; I've not had many problems so haven't had to dig around this part of the system. I have doctored a few times though, and its relatively painless!
    I'm having a similar problem, but it seems that any notification is freezing my pdk apps. I can hit the power button to turn off the screen, turn it back on, unlock it, and the pdk app starts responding to input again. Anybody else have this?
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dsalonius View Post
    I'm having a similar problem, but it seems that any notification is freezing my pdk apps. I can hit the power button to turn off the screen, turn it back on, unlock it, and the pdk app starts responding to input again. Anybody else have this?
    I'm having the same problem with a multitude of apps. It's very frustrating.
    I had HP replace it with a refurb and i haven't had one freeze with the replacement.