Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    I wonder if they are under instruction from HP to allow UK only.
    Global Posts
    235 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    I wonder if they are under instruction from HP to allow UK only.
    Either that or unsold stock from canceled US orders
  3. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    I would advise UK consumers to be wary - it looks like you have to set up a business account with them. This would might make your transaction with them a business to business transaction and you would therefore not have the protection of the distance selling regulations. So I would be careful with trying to play the refund/return game.

Obviously overseas consumers are on their own anyway and know that going in...
    I talked with them earlier and they wouldn't entertain outside the UK.

But if they got more?

Maybe others will as well?

Yet 199 doesn't sound like the crazy deal that we are all hoping for....
    199 is not a crazy deal in the least.
    Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    Better than 479 or 299 or even nothing though...
    it is not a crazy deal no but it looks like it may be becoming the only option at this rate,i have bought one as i really wanted the pre 3 and the cost was not that important to me.
    firstly for an unlocked smartphone IMHO 199(incl shipping) is pretty good deal
    secondly on ebay pre 3 is sold for atleast 250 atleast
    todders likes this.
    I'm not saying it's a *bad* deal. It's a good deal, sure, but not a *crazy* deal.

Crazy would be $75 as was rumoured.
    I have been trying to order for the last half an hour with no success. I always end up with "Credit Card Authorization Decline

Reason: An error occurred while processing your credit card. Please contact the merchant for further assistance."
    I have used three different cards, all with the same result. When I started they showed 'TEN in stock', now they are showing "ONE in stock".
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Actually its only for UK customers and also if you have already made a purchase with an address it doesnot seem to process again...
    Quote Originally Posted by gajadonga View Post
    Actually its only for UK customers and also if you have already made a purchase with an address it doesnot seem to process again...
    Actually I was taking the help of a friend in UK to place the order.

PS: Now SOLD OUT - Zero stock.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    That's not a fire sale anyway. That's a sale. Screw that!
    iPhone 4 16GB Black | iPad 2 WiFi 32GB Black
    HP TouchPad 16GB
    Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    Now back in stock (100+ units) but at 400!. However if you add it to basket it still says 199. *shrug*
    Getting the same "authorization declined" error message as reported above, using a US Visa card and US delivery address. Damn. Thought I had it!

EDIT: Update!

After my transaction was denied, I received an email from my bank about the overseas transaction. Turns out the fraud dept. had stopped it. I authorized it, and they had me go back to Cleverboxes site and repeat the transaction. This time, it went through!

I have a confirmation number in my email and the bank lady told me the transaction went through, so I guess we'll see if Cleverboxes delivers. The website is still showing around 100 in stock as of right now. Shipping cost to MA, US is something like 50 pounds.

Total cost was 209 pounds, or about $342.

I wouldn't be surprised to get a cancellation email from them tomorrow, because it clearly says UK CUSTOMERS ONLY, but whatever. I'm trying what I can.
    Last edited by VCI_Cell; 08/25/2011 at 08:46 PM.
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Im finally getting one, this whole time i forgot I have a cousin in the UK!
    Quote Originally Posted by VCI_Cell View Post
    Getting the same "authorization declined" error message as reported above, using a US Visa card and US delivery address. Damn. Thought I had it!

After my transaction was denied, I received an email from my bank about the overseas transaction. Turns out the fraud dept. had stopped it. I authorized it, and they had me go back to Cleverboxes site and repeat the transaction. This time, it went through!

I have a confirmation number in my email and the bank lady told me the transaction went through, so I guess we'll see if Cleverboxes delivers. The website is still showing around 100 in stock as of right now. Shipping cost to MA, US is something like 50 pounds.

I wouldn't be surprised to get a cancellation email from them tomorrow, because it clearly says UK CUSTOMERS ONLY, but whatever. I'm trying what I can.

I did likewise. I used Google checkout in hopes it might help. I had my order from superetraders cancelled so I'm used to the feeling of rejection

UPDATE: Google Checkout denied my payment (or was it cleverboxes?) I called my bank and they said nothing came through for them to even deny.
    Last edited by pavvento; 08/25/2011 at 10:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by VCI_Cell View Post

Tell us when you got shipping confirmation. $342 still quite reasonable for me.
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    He definitley wont be getting a shipping confirmation as it clearly states UK customers only. Other people on here have tried that just to get there order cancelled. Well I surely do hope that they really have them in stock tommorow so I can finally get one.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast