Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    hey lemme know if anyone gets one shipped to US - I tried yesterday and they cancelled my order because I wasn't in UK. I tried to tell them i'd pay extra and if I could speak to a manger but they wouldn't budge.
    I'll update if they cancel or ship.

What's the deal with the whole "UK-only" thing, though? Obviously they have the capability and government permission to ship overseas, as you can select US destinations from the drop-down lists. They're not offering free shipping or anything like that (my shipping cost was 52 pounds or something) ... so why won't they sell to US buyers?
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    I think they are just trying to be fair, regardless I will be ordering mine tomorrow through a family member in the UK.
    If any of you placed an oerder for outside UK and now found someone in UK who could help... i suggest to give them a call at 9 AM UK time and request them to change the payment and shipment details... otherwise they would simply cancel the orders...
    Good Luck...
    Quote Originally Posted by VCI_Cell View Post

What's the deal with the whole "UK-only" thing, though? Obviously they have the capability and government permission to ship overseas, as you can select US destinations from the drop-down lists. They're not offering free shipping or anything like that (my shipping cost was 52 pounds or something) ... so why won't they sell to US buyers?
    My thought was they prefer UK customers because they are more likely to buy from them again than a U.S. Customer. Seeing how widespread it is though i think it may be an HP stipulation.
    my order got cancelled, they are asking for UK billing address. Even I have the UK shipping address on the order.

Show 0 in stock now.
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    With my own online store (which does not sell phones) I don't ship to the US due to high insurance costs. This is down to the litigious culture pushing prices sky high.
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
    Global Posts
    479 Global Posts
    The kicker is that they are already set up to ship to the US, and in fact did ship a number of phones out here...

Hitting up my UK friends now to see if I can get someone to order for me...
    just spoke to a customer services rep, he said they dont have any pre3s in stock, and will not be having any more in future as well
  10. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,427 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VCI_Cell View Post

I think it's more simply that they are a business to business site and don't want the hassle of dealing with consumers who want to set up an account to buy a single item.
    My Pre 3 from Cleverboxes ordered 24/8 has just arrived!!! )
    Quote Originally Posted by ptwilliams View Post
    So did mine as a bloody touchpad 16gb can't believe this at all devastated
    Quote Originally Posted by todders View Post
    So you ordere a Pre3 and received a TP 16GB
    Quote Originally Posted by todders View Post
    I must admit I was a little worried, when I queried one of the tracking numbers this morning, the reply had a subject line of "Your TouchPad order", but thankfully all turned out well in the end.

Get in contact with them, I'm sure they'll help. They've been fantastic with me so far.
    Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    Mine just shipped a few hours ago. Thankfully.
    I wonder if they are under instruction from HP to allow UK only.
    W00t!! Just phoned CB to get my UPS number. Was in Glasgow this morning, so I should get it anytime today

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    || Flickr || Twitter ||
    Quote Originally Posted by ptwilliams View Post
    Hmm, my order was also on the 24th and no sign of it yet. Also no tracking number on the invoice, just the carrier name: UPS.

Guess I need to carry on waiting.
    They seem to have a rather shady way of doing business. The website states one thing, the online live chat person states another and the sales person on thephone states something totally different. They say no stock and a little while later they state 400 in stock. I place an order for 'two', they charge the card for 'seven' Pre 3s and then state they have no stock. Upon calling they state they have not placed any charges. Ofcourse they have no explanation for why my bank shows charges of approx GBP 1400 from them. Finally, they agree to take another order for 'two' Pre 3s over the phone and then state that they will have to call back to confirm. They call back later and state that they only have 'one' in stock so that is all they will ship. I then get back online with the live chat person and ask if they have the Pre 3 in stock, he states they have 'twenty' more and is ready to take my order. After I explain the whole story to him, he says well we only allow 'one' per person, but how many do I want. I said 'one' more and he gives me a phone number and an extention to call. I am not sure what to make of all this.
    Last edited by Sanjay; 08/26/2011 at 09:26 AM.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Mmm,
    When I noticed that the website said they had no stock level I clicked on the Chat thing to ask when it would be back in stock.
    The guy on Chat said they had some in stock. I ordered one online, so fingers crossed it will work. Sounds like I'm going to have to check my online banking to make sure I've not been charged for more than 1!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast