Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes
    Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mark-dj View Post
    Here's a link I found, haven't got my Pre 3 yet so can't test it:

touchpadhp.info • View topic - How to get spotify to work on touchpad

For TouchPad, forgot to mention
    thank you very much. works like a charm on my Pre 3 (in fact I think I remember doing the exact same process to get it to work on my 2.x Pre+).
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Doesn't seem like they are planning on any updates...
    Quote Originally Posted by Message to Spotify Support
    Options: [Question] [Mobile] [] [Palm] [Premium] [se]
    Hi,

From now on I will be using a HP Pre 3 as my main mobile device, since it is more business-user friendly than my previous Android phone.

I see that you support previous Palm Pre & Pixi devices running the webOS platform. However, I am wondering when you will be releasing an updated version with support for the HP Pre 3 and webOS 2.2.

This is the latest device with the most recent version of the OS so I hope that you will bring Spotify to it in the near future. Do you have any plans for this?

Regards,
    Levent Serifler
    Quote Originally Posted by Reply from Spotify Support
    Hi Levent,

Thank you for your email.

We would like Spotify to be as universally accessible as possible. We will be developing for new platforms. I cannot say if or when an updated version of Spotify to support the HP Pre 3 and webOS 2.2 will be available for at present.

Please keep an eye on the Spotify Blog for news:
    Spotify Blog - Spotify

Regards,
    Jack Hurst

Spotify Customer Services
    I tried the install today and I have something wierd going on. I went through and installed everything plus copied the files to the appropriate locations. When I launch spotify it seems to be in a loop like it is trying to login before I have the opportunity to put in my login information. Seems to hang the TP a bit in the process as I can't minimize to a card for up to 10 seconds after hitting the bottom at the bottom of the screen.

I did verify afterwards that the 2 files were copied into the sub directories and rebooted the TP afterwards.

Did I miss something as part of the install that it is doing this or is there something else going on here?

Thank you.
    Last edited by jabramson; 09/23/2011 at 10:15 AM.
    OK, I resolved my mistake. Somehow I ended up created a subdir named the file and put the file under that. Perhaps done as part of webos installer. I deleted the subs and put the files in the correct directory and it is all better now.

Side note, it annoys my iPhone buddy that he has to pay $10 a month to play this on his cell phone and it is playing on my TP.
    Confirmed working on my VZW Pre3 as well. Thanks! {Jonathan}
    Prof. Jonathan I. Ezor
    Writer, PreCentral
    Past Palm Real Reviewer
    @webOSquire on Twitter
    I do have an issue with this work around. I keep having trouble to connect. I get :
    "unable to login(126). Try again".

Did you ever get this message?
    Quote Originally Posted by jabramson View Post
    OK, I resolved my mistake. Somehow I ended up created a subdir named the file and put the file under that. Perhaps done as part of webos installer. I deleted the subs and put the files in the correct directory and it is all better now.

Side note, it annoys my iPhone buddy that he has to pay $10 a month to play this on his cell phone and it is playing on my TP.
    I think I have the same problem. I followed all the steps but when I open the app it keeps refreshing and I can't enter in my log in.. I don't know how to fix it.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by sunsetsandsilence View Post
    I think I have the same problem. I followed all the steps but when I open the app it keeps refreshing and I can't enter in my log in.. I don't know how to fix it.

Make sure you reboot the phone after you put the files in the right places.

--------------------
    Apps for webOS
    http://www.angrygoatapps.com
    Twitter: angrygoatapps
    Quote Originally Posted by wayne@angrygoat View Post
    Make sure you reboot the phone after you put the files in the right places.

That I did and I still ended up with the log in screen constantly refreshing itself and not allowing me to type in my account info. I'll try again to see if I messed up somewhere.

anyone found a way to convince spotify that h+ is better than 3g and thus allow streaming? Its driving me nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by gtkansan View Post
    anyone found a way to convince spotify that h+ is better than 3g and thus allow streaming? Its driving me nuts.
    I don't think it's an issue of them deliberately not allowing it, I think it's just an issue of poor coding. Sometimes it will let you stream just fine over 3g, sometimes it convinces itself it's offline no matter what.

This worked on my pre 3! Just to check i clicked play on the first song i found and was pleased to found that the speaker gives quite good sound
    I just changed my APN settings to the standard att stuff to get mobile hotspot working. Since my phone seems to have switched from HSPA to 3G (according to the indicator in the top of the screen) spotify will now STREAM over 3g. Remember before I couldnt get it to do so over HSPA+. Now it works, speed is identical far as I can tell (~7 MBps in my house). Yay Finally. Settings are below.

Phone -> Settings> network settings -> manual settings.

APN Name wap.cingular
    Username: WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM
    Password: CINGULAR1
    Quote Originally Posted by fievel View Post
    I do have an issue with this work around. I keep having trouble to connect. I get :
    "unable to login(126). Try again".

Did you ever get this message?
    I've had this working for a few weeks now and it suddenly started giving me the same error.

Likely to reinstall and see if that change anything!
    Quote Originally Posted by sunsetsandsilence View Post
    That I did and I still ended up with the log in screen constantly refreshing itself and not allowing me to type in my account info. I'll try again to see if I messed up somewhere.
    I'm getting the same behavior w/ my Pre 3 (webOS 2.2.3). Were you able to find a resolution to this?
    Quote Originally Posted by bikeguychicago View Post
    I'm getting the same behavior w/ my Pre 3 (webOS 2.2.3). Were you able to find a resolution to this?
    Got it working. I deleted the app and then worked through all the steps again. Works like a charm.
    Quote Originally Posted by bikeguychicago View Post
    I guess I'll have to try this again tonight. Similar is happening to me, except it has my password saved. It just alternates between online and offline every two seconds.

However, this only happens over the WWAN connection (using an AT&T Pre 3 with the above APN settings to make it appear to be 3G). If I turn on Wifi, it connects.
    So I decided to switch to H2O, and don't have the option of changing my APN to prevent the 4G connection. If anyone figures out how to get this to work fully via an app patch, that'd be awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by gtkansan View Post
    I just changed my APN settings to the standard att stuff to get mobile hotspot working. Since my phone seems to have switched from HSPA to 3G (according to the indicator in the top of the screen) spotify will now STREAM over 3g. Remember before I couldnt get it to do so over HSPA+. Now it works, speed is identical far as I can tell (~7 MBps in my house). Yay Finally. Settings are below.

Phone -> Settings> network settings -> manual settings.

APN Name wap.cingular
    Username: WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM
    Password: CINGULAR1
    this worked like a charm
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12