Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,427 Global Posts
    Althought the frontpage of the Carphone warehouse says that the Pre 3 is out of stock, if you search the site, you can actually order it - at 479...

So I've ordered one on the basis that if there is a price drop tomorrow, they will adjust before dispatch and if they don't I'll just use the distance selling regulations to cancel the order or if it's dispatched to return it.

So who else is taking a punt?
    I think i would give that a miss at that price,but cpw do have a record of fairly good service so they may reduce price and give you the refund.If it had of been maybe 199.00 i may have considered it.
  3. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,427 Global Posts
    I am half expecting them to cancel the order and simply offer it as a contract phone to try and get more subscribers. However if they don't I have lost nothing as consumer law is on my side.
  4. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,427 Global Posts
    Getting a bit more confident about this punt - talking to a friend from carphonewarehouse he expects them to firesale sale those from tuesday at 69. This would hopefully explain why my order is still being processed - easier to charge 69 than refund 430.

Sent from my ZTE-BLADE using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    Getting a bit more confident about this punt - talking to a friend from carphonewarehouse he expects them to firesale sale those from tuesday at 69. This would hopefully explain why my order is still being processed - easier to charge 69 than refund 430.

I can find the sim free pre3 on their site but no option to order it. You might be right as I'm sure they have stock.
    not me.... i only gamble with my life and not with my money.
    Last edited by c_legaspi; 08/28/2011 at 08:20 AM.
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    Althought the frontpage of the Carphone warehouse says that the Pre 3 is out of stock, if you search the site, you can actually order it - at 479...
    Cant find a listing, ive gone SimFree>HP> Nada..
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    http://www.carphonewarehouse.com/buy/HP-PRE3-TB10T-ECON

earphone have it listed on contract only now. Maybe Vodafone struck a cheap deal with HP?
    Palm History:

Treo 500 > Treo Pro > Pre > PrePlus > Touchpad
  9. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,427 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by c_legaspi View Post
    not me.... i only gamble with my life and not with my money.
    That is the beauty of buying online it is either reduced, can be cancelled or sent back.

Its quite a possibility considering by all accounts mobiles.co.uk have got 850 of them to sale. They are also now advertised on cpw own site now with the same deal as it sister company.
  11. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,427 Global Posts
    Could be - guess we will see tuesday! :-)
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    http://www.carphonewarehouse.com/buy/HP-PRE3-PA30T-ECON

carphone now selling on Orange. Cheapest is 30 a month
    Palm History:

Treo 500 > Treo Pro > Pre > PrePlus > Touchpad
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    couldn't use the link but found it anyway.

looks like they are not offering sim free at the moment.
    only on contract.
    either they are not going to be offering sim free at all or they are preparing for a firesale.
    Last edited by sureshotz; 08/28/2011 at 07:24 PM.
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    Well if they are selling it with a contract for 30/m then its pretty certain they wont be selling it sim free for 69

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
    Now it says the Pre3 is free with 10 pounds a month. Can I just get that deal, pay the 10/month and reflash it for verizon?
    Quote Originally Posted by NScott View Post
    Now it says the Pre3 is free with 10 pounds a month. Can I just get that deal, pay the 10/month and reflash it for verizon?
    erm AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK
    -it won't work with verizon
    -you need a uk address for the contact

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
  17. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,427 Global Posts
    Got to wonder what's happening here - the order was placed a week ago and is still in the 'processing' stage, by now they should have either dispatched the phone or cancelled the order - so I'm guessing they are seeing how many people take up the contract deals they are doing before they decide to re-price the remaining stock.
    I had an order with CPW, I made it on Monday. Being that I received one from the Palm Eurostore I called to cancel today.

The guy I spoke to was knowledgable about WebOS too, he was still looking for a Touchpad.

Anyway, he said that they were out of stock on the Pre 3. I asked when this had happened as AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $all$ $this$ $week$ $the$ $site$ $has$ $been$ $showing$ $as$ '$In$ $Stock$', $he$ $informed$ $me$ $that$ $it$ $was$ $early$ $last$ $week$ $that$ $stock$ $had$ $run$ $dry$.

This is in no way a definite but it does seem rather odd that he would tell me they were OOS when they weren't! Especially as I was cancelling the order.
    Last edited by TheSuff; 09/01/2011 at 06:06 AM.
    Touchpad | Pre 3 | Some none WebOS stuff
    Quote Originally Posted by todders View Post
    I think i would give that a miss at that price,but cpw do have a record of fairly good service so they may reduce price and give you the refund.If it had of been maybe 199.00 i may have considered it.
    Bunch of crooks in mine and friends experiences.

Oxford street crew would sell their granny for a sale and you'd be getting a teddy bear in return!
  20. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,427 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by local.bin View Post
    Bunch of crooks in mine and friends experiences.

Oxford street crew would sell their granny for a sale and you'd be getting a teddy bear in return!
    That's why you never buy *instore*.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast