Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes
    Assuming anyone reads this - if you can pick up a Pre 3, I'd be obliged. 150-200 pounds would be about my cash limit.

OR, I did get 2 32GB TouchPads from HP during the fire sale, so I could pay you, or work out a trade for one of them, etc. I'm open to suggestions...
    This makes me want to live in the UK
    D: Is there a Europe-based Palm forum? I know there's a Singapore Palm thingie, but that's unrelated right now.

Maybe I should try snapping up a Pre 2 or Veer :/

I wonder if HP reads the forums. Maybe we could petition! Hah. Not like they'd listen tho, probably too much ego to back down on their announcement.
    is anyone interested in one at full price (approx $530 USD shipping to USA). I expect to get a call today about my UK Pre3 and at full price its just too much for me. I have offered it to the WebOS Internals guys so they get first dibs, otherwise I'm going to cancel.
    Quote Originally Posted by benssson View Post
    is anyone interested in one at full price (approx $530 USD shipping to USA). I expect to get a call today about my UK Pre3 and at full price its just too much for me. I have offered it to the WebOS Internals guys so they get first dibs, otherwise I'm going to cancel.
    Just to say Rod/WebOS Internals has taken up my offer - sorry guys.
    Selling it to Rod benefits us all, so thanks.
    VCI_Cell likes this.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    If anyone wants one, I will keep my order, but it would be similiar price to the above $530 with shipping.

Let me know
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    I am more than down to pay a reasonable price for the Pre3. I will pay for shipping and the device. Paypal is my best option. If I get this, I'm switching to AT&T and never looking back (love GSM phones now)
    Devices
    -Sprint Pre & FrankenPre 2
    -AT&T Pre3 4G
    Accessories
    -5 Touchstones for phones & Touchpad
    Quote Originally Posted by slyb View Post
    As we approach tomorrow, it seems more and more likely that anyone outside of Europe won't be able to get a firesale (or full-priced) Pre 3, if the rumours are to believed that all the stock is being concentrated by the Palm Eurostore, which only allows for shipping AND billing to a European address.

This is a thread for those who want to help out their overseas friends get their hands on a Pre 3. Payment and shipping can both be arranged via PayPal.

I recently helped out an Irish friend by buying him a TouchPad - he's in the process of reimbursing me for both the TP's price and for shipping, and I'll be sending it to him shortly. If something like this can be organized at a greater-level scale on PreCentral, it would really make a lot of us happy.

Would anyone here be interested in lending a helping hand? If there's enough support, we can work out how it could go down in this thread.

Time is critical, so any decisions will need to be made very soon.

Of course, we don't want to jeopardize our European friends from getting their own Pre3.

===========

In south America there are lots of HP Employees how are willing to get a Pre3 or touchpad, but we do not have this advantage as Pre3 are out of stock and only sold in EMEA.
    I have frieds who has family members or friends if France and Germany that are trying to get one of these and bring them to Argentina.

It is a shame that this is not a really worldwide sale.

If I have the chance to get this device, I would like a Pre3 and a touchpad, even though I already have a Pixy Plus.
    The Pre3 have vanished from Amazon.de and all other retailers I checked.
    The stocks that some UK online retailers still had seem to have been depleted.

HP must have warehouses full of Pre3 - but they aren't sending them on to shops so far. Either they want to landfill them - or they made deals with particular shops. My guess is that they have now made exclusive liquidation deals with regional retailers and dump them out that way.
    If that is the case then don't expect them to appear at last weeks firesale price. They'll sell somewhere above the super low firesale price and the formerly reduced retail price (the platform is - for now - dead after all). For example I wouldn't be surprised to see 16 GB TPs to be sold at 249-299.
    Pre -> Pre3 & TP32 -> Nexus 5
    You'd be surprised to see that 16GB TPs are selling at ~350, then. No future hardware is announced - for now - but that apparently doesn't make it dead for consumers who are obviously absolutely willing to pay the formerly reduced retail price on eBay.

Meanwhile, I don't see ANY Pre3s on ebay even though they've apparently all been sold (HP Germany has stated that the store isn't getting any more). It seems like nobody wants to part with those.

I could imagine the Pre3 popping up at Pearl in a month or so, but I'm wondering why HP would make them so cheap as to sell out within an hour if they're simultaneously giving other lots to clearing houses. Then again, HP's management decisions have recently been a bit erratic, so who knows.
    GodShapedHole, my guess is there are no QWERTZ Pre 3s on eBay, because until now only a few have been delivered; from what I've heard a lot of people got emails saying HP will deliver next week.
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    Meanwhile, I don't see ANY Pre3s on ebay even though they've apparently all been sold (HP Germany has stated that the store isn't getting any more). It seems like nobody wants to part with those.
    You can find quite a few Pre3's on eBay UK, if you are willing to pay the retail price, that is.

eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace
    I would definitely buy a Pre 3 for $250, I've been looking for one everywhere
    Treo 700wx > Treo 800w > Pre- > Pixi > Franken Pre2 >
    TouchPad 32gb
    Hey now here's an idea for HP... why don't you send them all to eBay?
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Just FYI in case you missed it, expansys.fr sells AZERTY Pre 3s for €199, ships worldwide.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnygewitter View Post
    Just FYI in case you missed it, expansys.fr sells AZERTY Pre 3s for €199, ships worldwide.
    No VAT when ordered outside Europe.

Handset price: 167.22€.

Shipping to the rest of the world is:

South America, Africa, Middle East - TNT (3 - 6 days) 59.90€
    ZA, Australia, South East Asia - TNT (4 - 6 days) 48.90€

So, 227.12€ or 216.12€

Hmm, I don't see North America mentioned in the worldwide shipping charges, though. I also wish they offered alternative shipping methods.

HP Pre 3 webOS Smartphone (AZERTY, Noir, 8Go) #FB436AA#ABF - Expansys France
    Last edited by Musouka; 08/26/2011 at 04:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by HaydnH View Post
    I'll try and get more, but to be honest I'm not even sure the eurostore will ship the one I ordered last week at full price let alone allow me to order more... I'll try and keep my eyes on the site tomorrow @ 10am - hopefully work won't be too busy!
    Let me know
    I'd like 2.
    well good thing i dont live in europe!
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Kind of sad that they are abandoning us in the US.

Btw, I'm in for one if we can figure something out. I'm calling some friends overseas as well.
    8MB Visor --> Treo 300 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    All devices obtained within first week of launch