Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes
    Global Posts
    235 Global Posts
    No one in the US is willing to pay $600 for unlocked devices. Their "limit" is $199 + 2-year contract.

I saw a couple of folks @XDA asking for a firesale Pre3 @ $75 plus shipping.
    When I answered a pm that the firesale will probably end up in the 120 pounds ($195) region, he said "that's steep, I can get and android at that price" LOL
  2.    #62  
    I wouldn't even pay $75 for an Android.
    Jive Turkey likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by slyb View Post
    I wouldn't even pay $75 for an Android.
    Well there IS a $70 prepaid Android (Galaxy Gio), I might pick one up to use Groove IP. That's the only thing I can think of.

Otherwise you can pry my slider webOS from my stone dead hands.
    Quote Originally Posted by d3ac0n View Post
    No one in the US is willing to pay $600 for unlocked devices. Their "limit" is $199 + 2-year contract.

When I answered a pm that the firesale will probably end up in the 120 pounds ($195) region, he said "that's steep, I can get and android at that price" LOL
    In the US. That's my point.
  5.    #65  

I bought my iPhone 4 unlocked for $699 - steep, yes, but I plan on reselling it and recouping some of the cost to get my iPhone 5.

But I'm in Canada, not the US.
    Global Posts
    235 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    In the US. That's my point.
    Canada is still a small market in terms of sales and I think you are using the same frequencies. So HP would have to produce a different product just for Canada.
    If HP is really serious about keeping webOS alive, then one would think that it is imperative that they sell the Pre 3 to those who want it. If for no other reason, but to keep the webOS cellphone eco-system alive. The decision not to sell the Pre 3 in the US, is nothing short of 'stupid'.
    Last edited by Sanjay; 08/25/2011 at 03:17 PM.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
  8.    #68  
    Canada is still a small market in terms of sales and I think you are using the same frequencies. So HP would have to produce a different product just for Canada.
    Canada's a "small market"?

Sorry, but unless I'm letting my pride blind me, I find that hard to believe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    If HP is really serious about keeping webOS alive, then one would think that it is imperative that they sell the Pre 3 to those who want it. IF for no other reason but to keep the webOS cellphone eco-system alive. The decision not to sell the Pre 3 in the US, si nothing short of 'stupid'.
    More so if they are serious about fireselling the devices. Drop the price and sell to whomever will pay.
    We're more than happy to take the remaining stock they produced for AT&T and have orders cancelled on them because of the cancelled launch.
    Global Posts
    235 Global Posts
    Canada's a "small market"?

Sorry, but unless I'm letting my pride blind me, I find that hard to believe.
    Compared to USA

We're more than happy to take the remaining stock they produced for AT&T and have orders cancelled on them because of the cancelled launch.
    AT&T devices are sim-locked. I don't know what the procedure is to make them sim unlocked.
  12.    #72  
    I asked you this earlier, but did HP ever confirm Canada won't be getting the Pre 3?
    AT&T devices are sim-locked. I don't know what the procedure is to make them sim unlocked.
    And HP themselves have the codes. It's just a matter of putting the card in and punching the code.
    Haven't read the whole thread, but you guys are lucky... You got SOME KIND of webOS device, be it the Touchpad or one of the Pres.

In Israel we have Android, iOS, BB and a few WP7... No webOS device to be found here, excluding privately imported ones (something you can't do now with no retailers sending worldwide).

Appreciate what you have...
    Jive Turkey likes this.

Yeah, the contract subsidy model really sucks. He can't get the latest android phone for that price, he can have Verizon or some other network get the phone for him in exchange for being locked to their network + a few hundred extra.
    Global Posts
    416 Global Posts
    As we approach tomorrow, it seems more and more likely that anyone outside of Europe won't be able to get a firesale (or full-priced) Pre 3, if the rumours are to believed that all the stock is being concentrated by the Palm Eurostore, which only allows for shipping AND billing to a European address.

This is a thread for those who want to help out their overseas friends get their hands on a Pre 3. Payment and shipping can both be arranged via PayPal.

I recently helped out an Irish friend by buying him a TouchPad - he's in the process of reimbursing me for both the TP's price and for shipping, and I'll be sending it to him shortly. If something like this can be organized at a greater-level scale on PreCentral, it would really make a lot of us happy.

Would anyone here be interested in lending a helping hand? If there's enough support, we can work out how it could go down in this thread.

Time is critical, so any decisions will need to be made very soon.

Of course, we don't want to jeopardize our European friends from getting their own Pre3.

===========
    That's a great idea. Sign me up for 1 please. However, hopefully will need it to be on firesale. Would be interested in also getting a bundle such as a touchstone dock as well if the price is right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    If HP is really serious about keeping webOS alive, then one would think that it is imperative that they sell the Pre 3 to those who want it. If for no other reason, but to keep the webOS cellphone eco-system alive. The decision not to sell the Pre 3 in the US, is nothing short of 'stupid'.
    I am still convinced (using logic, not facts unfortunately) that there is no stock of U.S. Pre 3s which is why it is limited to Europe. They were the first to start selling them due to unlocked phones being more popular there and possible carrier agreements.

If there are not loads of U.S. phones already in the U.S. it might not make fiscal sense for HP to produce them and ship them to re-sellers to sell at a loss. It also wouldn't make sense for them to sell a phone that is not made for U.S. use through U.S. stores or they may have a high return rate and people complaining they don't get service.
  18. Q
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    I'm hoping to get a Preł at/around firesale price too.
  19.    #80  
    I wouldn't trust those.