Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree13Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by dtrain13 View Post
    To me it seems obvious that there is quite a bit of Non EU demand for the Pre 3 and I just don't understand why HP wouldn't want to unload the stock they have, just like they are doing with the TP? That being said, I would love to get my hands on one here in the US as well.
    My guess is HP will have no issue unloading these in EU, without having to ship them to the US. I give it 30 minutes from announce/available to sold out, regardless of the timing ... The only thing that might slow down the rate would be website outages.

Hmmm - maybe that is why HP/Palm/Eurostore is holding off - they are installing additional web servers ...
    PLEASE put me in for one Pre 3 at firesale price.

In another thread, we're working on a plan to mimic the Android communities success in enabling 850 MHz UMTS on EU devices brought to the USA with the same chipset as the Pre 3. I already have one EU Pre 3 that I paid full price for and am likely not going to get refunded the difference.

Not being greedy wanting another Pre 3. I'll pay the cost and shipping fees plus an additional $20 USD to the person helping facilitate this for me.

I'm willing to risk bricking my Pre 3 for the benefit of the community, but want to have another one standing by to use just in case things go seriously wrong while testing the modem flasher to enable 850 MHz UMTS.

Thx,
    Barry
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    VCI_Cell likes this.
  3.    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    PLEASE put me in for one Pre 3 at firesale price.

In another thread, we're working on a plan to mimic the Android communities success in enabling 850 MHz UMTS on EU devices brought to the USA with the same chipset as the Pre 3. I already have one EU Pre 3 that I paid full price for and am likely not going to get refunded the difference.

Not being greedy wanting another Pre 3. I'll pay the cost and shipping fees plus an additional $20 USD to the person helping facilitate this for me.

I'm willing to risk bricking my Pre 3 for the benefit of the community, but want to have another one standing by to use just in case things go seriously wrong while testing the modem flasher to enable 850 MHz UMTS.

Thx,
    Barry
    You're an inspiration to us all, Barry!
  4.    #44  
    Still awaiting a brave European soul to come forth and assist.
    Quote Originally Posted by slyb View Post
    Still awaiting a brave European soul to come forth and assist.
    i dont think its gonna happen.
    If there will be really a sale tomorrow at the palm eurostore and I manage to successfully order, I will certainly order more than one and would be pleased to help some of you guys out, but understandably I can't order 20 Pre 3s, maybe mine plus 2 or so... anyway if I'm able to order, I'll order more than just one, and sell it here for the same price + delivery and packaging. I'll let you know here, please no PMs.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnygewitter View Post
    If there will be really a sale tomorrow at the palm eurostore and I manage to successfully order, I will certainly order more than one and would be pleased to help some of you guys out, but understandably I can't order 20 Pre 3s, maybe mine plus 2 or so... anyway if I'm able to order, I'll order more than just one, and sell it here for the same price + delivery and packaging. I'll let you know here, please no PMs.
    That's assuming they are putting a one per customer rule. If you need me to pre-pay to help you pay off your credit card statement, I'm more than happy to do so.
  8.    #48  
    Thanks, Johnny.
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    That's assuming they are putting a one per customer rule. If you need me to pre-pay to help you pay off your credit card statement, I'm more than happy to do so.
    Right, let's hope there's no one-per-customer limit. And thanks for the offer, but no amount of money I would get paypal'ed would change the current limit on my credit card, at least not on such a short notice.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnygewitter View Post
    Right, let's hope there's no one-per-customer limit. And thanks for the offer, but no amount of money I would get paypal'ed would change the current limit on my credit card, at least not on such a short notice.
    Not sure about UK credit cards, but in Canada you can actually prepay an amount via electronic funds transfer to immediately increase your spending limit temporarily.

I'll try to wake up at 5AM tomorrow to see if I can get someone to help as well.
    Wow this is great!!! If we could pull this off this would be a awesome opportunity for this community. I too would love to be put for an order of one pre3. I have paypal and can paypal the seller the funds. If anyone from Europe needs any phone device or accessories here in the states, I am willing to assist you with that too!!
    Can this thread be made a sticky?

I want this to happen. But, how could we secure funds, and not have someone lie to us?
    Not sure about UK credit cards, but in Canada you can actually prepay an amount via electronic funds transfer to immediately increase your spending limit temporarily.
    I'm located in Germany and to be honest I have no idea what kind of cc I have and if that would work.. anyway, we don't even know yet if they start selling again and if so for how much and if it will be possible for me to order something at all - so I'd rather not have money transferred to me from random strangers around the world now, such things don't end well.

Additionally, I'm afraid it will be very hard to order something because everyone and their grandma will be hitting the servers..
    Global Posts
    235 Global Posts
    It will be very difficult to get an order through tomorrow. I hope it doesn't bring eurostore servers down for a long time - cause it's bound to happen for some time. All the firesales so far ended DDOS ing the sites.
    HP, if you're reading this, I hope by now you understand it was a STUPID mistake to scrap your North American models.
    slyb, kjb86 and VCI_Cell like this.
  16.    #56  
    HP, if you're reading this, I hope by now you understand it was a STUPID mistake to scrap your North American models.
    Amen, brother.

Although, I couldn't find confirmation that the Pre 3 wasn't coming to Canada. I know it's not getting released in the US, but is there *official* word it's not coming here either?
    I'm in for one!

I ordered from cleverboxes yesterday but they cancelled my order this morning
    Long Time Palm and Sprint User!

IIIxe, Tungsten T3, Samsung SPH-i500, Treo 700p, 755p, Centro, Palm Pre, Palm Pre+, 2.2.4 Franken Pre2 and a Touchpad!
    Global Posts
    235 Global Posts
    Sorry to burst your bubble but, people eager to by a Pre3, are just a drop in a bucket compared to the smartphone business. No carriers equals no interest in pushing the devices.
    Quote Originally Posted by d3ac0n View Post
    Sorry to burst your bubble but, people eager to by a Pre3, are just a drop in a bucket compared to the smartphone business. No carriers equals no interest in pushing the devices.
    That's really an awful situation in the US to be so dependent on the carriers.
    Quote Originally Posted by d3ac0n View Post
    May be true in US with their relatively closed market (with the phone in US running full on AT&T only), but with 5 carriers running up HSPA (3 on traditional 850/1900 and 2 on AWS), unlocked market has got a lot bigger in Canada. A lot of us are more than happy to pay more for the phone to get cheaper service.

And look at the people here, people are willing to pay full price, not the contract price. If anything my Pre will be the last phone I ever buy from a carrier.
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast