Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By WinstonSmith
  1. H
    Had an alarm set this morning that didn't go off. When I checked the lockscreen to see what was going on it went off (an hour and 15 minutes late)

Hopefully this will get fixed
    So that's why Palm Eurostore haven't shipped any! Their reminder hasn't triggered :P
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WinstonSmith View Post
    So that's why Palm Eurostore haven't shipped any! Their reminder hasn't triggered :P
    LOL!
    Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    this happens with my pre+ sometimes, maybe it's the same bug carried over to the pre3
    this is long time webOS bug!
    Is there any way to avoid this bug? I came late to work today because of that stupid bug.

How could HP not make this bug a high priority? So many people are using the mobile phone alarms as their main alarm for getting up to work or school. When the iPhone had this strange alarm bug (I think it was about one hour late or something like that) every one went postal about it, but when the alarms keep disappearing for generations of palm phones nobody seems to care that much.

Man I hate my Pre3 (well at least the WebOS part) sometimes so much.

Is there a way to even notice if the alarms are disappearing?
    What time was the alarm clock set for. I tend to keep mine set at 6 and 7am. Rounding off to the nearest 5 minutes.
    I'll bet your core was hosed, preventing the alarm from going off.

Are you using Uberkernel? Don't.
    I am using uberkernel on my pre3 and i use it as an alarm set for 6am. It has only been a week, but so far so good. I remember my old Moto Rizr had this problem, like once a week. And that sucked too because I used to work the night (3am) shift @ Fedex.
    Touchpad 16GB
    Pre3 (UK)
    2 Pre's and a TouchPad had no alarms today. Very weird. Didn't even have notifications for them.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    I will never understand the folks that rely on their cell phone as their only alarm... alarms are relatively cheap.

Nothing against you folks, but I would never trust a cell for that on a regular basis. I have used it when in a situation where I don't have an alarm.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    I don't rely on my phone for alarm but I have come to like touchpad alarm because its so loud. But can't trust it.
    You know I haven't even tried the TP alarm yet.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    I'm using the cell as my alarm since the Nokia 3210 - never had any problems with the reliability - well until the Pre3...
    No custom Kernel and only 7:00 AM and 7:55 AM (my "wake up" and "no really dude you need to wake up" alarms)
    Is there any way to at least check if the alarm is active?
    I have never had the alarm fail on my Sprint Pre (2 1/3 years) or now my Pre 3 (2 months). I use my phone every day for waking up.
    Well, I don't use the native alarm, I use an app called power nap and set it every night. It works pretty well, it's always the one of my 3 alarms that wakes me up.
    iPhone 4s 64gb for personal, at&t Prē 3 for business. Best of both worlds.