1.    #1  
    Anybody know a way I would be able to get my hands on a pre 3 in Canada? Any euro sites willing to ship here, if so what kind of prices am I looking at. I have my old Pre for bell, but that is CDMA, and here that's a pretty much dead technology. Same goes for my Frankenstein pre.

Thanks in advance.
    Clove and HandTec ship to Canada, but at the moment, neither are taking new orders, and their having some issues getting stock
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  3.    #3  
    Were you able to get your hands on one? I want to take full advantage of webOS with touchstone tech.

Btw, I'd like to thank you for your commitment to webOS. Without your stuff, my old pre would be a very lonely handset haha.
    I have an order with HandTec, but it's on-hold with everyone else's orders.

And unfortunately, it looks like Clove cancelled my order with them, as it looks like HP wants to be the one selling direct.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

5.    #5  
    And I'm assuming HP won't ship to us?
    Quote Originally Posted by Neonn View Post
    And I'm assuming HP won't ship to us?
    Yep. Similar to the HP USA store, the HP EuroStore requires a european billing address, credit card, and shipping address

I am in the same boat, having had my orders cancelled from the resellers.

Unfortunately, I have no European connections (except for visiting next month...)

If someone figures out how to order a Pre3 while living in Canada, I'd like to get in on the opportunity...
  8.    #8  
    I have some family in Germany that can hopefully set me up. Will the German Pre 3 have a different keyboard or anything? If I can get this sorted out, I'll do my best to try to convince them to make an order for some select people. No promises :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Neonn View Post
    I have some family in Germany that can hopefully set me up. Will the German Pre 3 have a different keyboard or anything? If I can get this sorted out, I'll do my best to try to convince them to make an order for some select people. No promises :/
    Hey Neonn, I would love a Pre 3 if you can get some from Germany. I got a Pre now and been waiting for the Pre 3 to come out. I've been a Palm fan since the original Pilot came out in 1997 (?). Had many Palm handhelds and even Handera models, as well as the Treo 680.

If you can, it would be appreciated. Let me know the cost.
    the Euro phones will also have different bands so we'd be stuck on edge anyways, think that corrrect. May be wrong

But I want a Pre3 a lot now, I dont care that its not going to have any new apps, its the formfactor I like with the OS I like and performance I would love. For some reason noone likes portrait sliders, and the torch just doesnt compare at all.
    Proud Canadian owner of
    Palm Pre- WebOS 2.1 Sept 2009
    HP Touchpad WebOS 3.0 July 2011
    Palm Pre3 AT&T October 2011
  11.    #11  
    I got a hold of family over there. They will do their best to get some. I dont want to ask to much of them so they said they can get around 2 extra if the opportunity arrises. I want leave everything to them. I want to see if I can still get one for myself. They should be fine on the 1900 freq. where I am atleast.
    I'm another Canadian really wanting to get my hands on one of these. I've got a 32GB TP (I got two and am willing to give one up) if trade is preferable to cash or whatever.
    I am just exchanging emails with a UK company that has stock in hand of the Pre3,

<snip>

I see I have already been quoted below, but I am editing this so I don't get too many people's hopes up if this won't work. It's Friday afternoon in the UK, and Monday is Bank Holiday for them. They are happy to ship to Canada, and I am going to receive a call on Tuesday morning regarding their stock. As soon as I have more detail, it will be here!

Have a good weekend and don't wait for this, grab one anywhere you can.... :-)
    Last edited by RandomContent; 08/26/2011 at 07:17 AM. Reason: correcting information
    Quote Originally Posted by RandomContent View Post
    I am just exchanging emails with a UK company that has stock in hand of the Pre3, price (ex-VAT) 240 + 45 shipping = 285 British Pounds, and they are happy to ship to Canada.

Not cheap, and there may be a roadblock yet, but assuming there is not and I am able to pay and complete deal, will post details here...
    I'd love to hear more details about this. Could be exactly what we need

15.    #15  
    I just got off the phone with fam. Looks like I'm dead out of luck. Hopefully this UK store can pull through. Thanks for the info!
    If you're francophone an AZERTY Pre from expansys.fr is an option. Might be an option even if you're not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Riyaah View Post
    If you're francophone an AZERTY Pre from expansys.fr is an option. Might be an option even if you're not.
    We use QWERTY here too, including Francophone Canada. Don't get me started with those bloody bilingual keyboards in the laptops...
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    We use QWERTY here too, including Francophone Canada. Don't get me started with those bloody bilingual keyboards in the laptops...
    Ah, I just assumed, but that sounds like the reasonable thing to do.
    While I can use an AZERTY keyboard if I have to, I'd prefer not to.

Anyone know if previous Palm Pres had swappable keyboards? If I could order a QWERTY from a Chinese store on eBay and swap it out myself, I'd buy an AZERTY from France right now.