1.    #1  
    Hi forum, I like most of you are forward to getting a pre 3. I was just wondering... With at&t they now have limited data plans, which is a bummer for me because I use a average of 3.5gb a month on sprint. So i went out searching for a solution. I talked to this guy at a back alley cell phone place and he told me something. He said if I found out how to change the APN* setting I could put a Go Phone sim and use the unlimited data feature is this reserved only for basic and feature phones. I know a go phone sim would work anyway but in a smartphone only with a expensive data plan. Just hoping someone who has the time and extra income can figure this out.

Thanks

*I could be wrong about the name
    Quote Originally Posted by ceveret3 View Post
    Hi forum, I like most of you are forward to getting a pre 3. I was just wondering... With at&t they now have limited data plans, which is a bummer for me because I use a average of 3.5gb a month on sprint. So i went out searching for a solution. I talked to this guy at a back alley cell phone place and he told me something. He said if I found out how to change the APN* setting I could put a Go Phone sim and use the unlimited data feature is this reserved only for basic and feature phones. I know a go phone sim would work anyway but in a smartphone only with a expensive data plan. Just hoping someone who has the time and extra income can figure this out.

Thanks

As recently as 4 months ago the information you received about the APN, Pre paid go phone accts, and tracking (or not tracking) of data usage was true, all of it.

Since then a couple of smartphones have been added to the list of available pre-Pay go phone hardware. In order to support them, a new smartphone data feature package was added to the plan choices.

There are three smartphone data packages available. I can't remember the first two prepay fee based data option levels, however I remember the third one . . $25.00 adds 1GB good for a month before it expires. You can tell the system to auto pay from the funds you've added to your go phone account.

To support billing, and accounting of these new measured smartphone data packages, pre-paid accounts with any data package are subject to tracking and monitoring the same way as post paid accounts .

TTB
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    Wait, Did I miss something? I thought ATT dumped Pre3.
    Quote Originally Posted by bs03 View Post
    Wait, Did I miss something? I thought ATT dumped Pre3.
    You missed that we are talikng about using the EU Pre 3 Unlocked version with an AT&T SIM, specifically in this thread an AT&T go Phone prepaid SIM.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Global Posts
    877 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ceveret3 View Post

Thanks

Because ATT does not recognize the Pre3 as a smartphone you can use Unlimited non-smartphone data plan on this device.