Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    The Pre- and Pre+ have had issues with heat during charging or heavy usage. Whats the story for the Pre 3.

Please let us know.
    /Beca
    Simens S3 -> Simens S10 -> Palm V & Simens S35i -> SE T610 & Palm T2 -> SE S700 & Palm T3 ->SE W810i -> Palm Pre- running WebOS 2.1!! @500Mhz -> Palm Pre 2. The Pre 2 rocks. -> Pre 3, Nice & Touchpad=> Future Pre 4 wanted.
    Overheating is relative. Many were seeing overheating with unsupported and warranty voiding overclocking kernels. Yes, there is more heat generated when on a touchstone charger but nothing that warrants any concern.
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    Havy you allready overclocked the pre 3? If so, was it nessecery? thought the 1.4 ghz was enough to make a smooth experience!

Joke aside, Is there heat issues with the pre 3, running all standard unmodified web os?
    This is an important question bicause the heat kills the battery faster than normally.
    /Beca
    Simens S3 -> Simens S10 -> Palm V & Simens S35i -> SE T610 & Palm T2 -> SE S700 & Palm T3 ->SE W810i -> Palm Pre- running WebOS 2.1!! @500Mhz -> Palm Pre 2. The Pre 2 rocks. -> Pre 3, Nice & Touchpad=> Future Pre 4 wanted.
    I didn't experience any heating problem. Not even when Pre3 is charging on touchstone n downloading with wifi.
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    Thanks PalmAnest for the sincere reply, I urge more of you to do the same.
    No problems with mine.

Haven't overclocked as I haven't seen the point as of yet!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    It gets a little hotter on the charger, but that's normal
    Had mine a week and have had NO temperature issues whatsoever!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    My experience is pretty much the same as other people here. Slight warming on the Touchstone, but nothing to worry about and nothing like as much as my old (overclocked to 1Ghz) Pre 1
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    I am having heat issues which is killing me, not sure why. Turned off took battery out, doesn't seem to charge and Govnah says it's at 50-53

EDIT: even having shutdowns due to overheating. :\
    Last edited by brum; 02/20/2012 at 06:47 PM.
    Palm V → TX → Centro → HTC Legend → TouchPad/Pre 3(UK) → HTC One X → Nexus 4/iPad Mini → Pre 3/TouchPad Go
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Anyone? Shutdowns happen on stock kernals, not even many cards open. This sucks, looks like I'm gonna have to walk...

Palm V → TX → Centro → HTC Legend → TouchPad/Pre 3(UK) → HTC One X → Nexus 4/iPad Mini → Pre 3/TouchPad Go
    deff want to sell it for parts. The heatsink or something isnt right with that phone. I have the shut off sometimes and have to do a battery pull but its usually related to traveling a long distance. The pre + did the same thing when coming home from chicago . It went crazy with google maps on cause it lost the signal and shut down. I had to pull the battery to get it to start up again. SOUND FAMILIER.

Ebay needs your parts phone brum.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    My Pre gets hot only when on a touchstone (i think that the sticker that i have on HP logo is causing some of the heat - i don't want to scratch the crome ).
    On the other hand, my Pre- that i bought recently (because i got the touchstone with it) gets hot while i use it for internet and watching videos.
    This device is way cooler (lol @ the pun) than the original Pre. I am not overclocked, but my OG Pre ran way hotter than any of the newer devices.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    I've had my Verizon Pre 3 for less than a week and already noticed the increased temp when charging via USB (sits around 49 C) and I even had it shut down on me earlier when it hit 60 C (was on a Touchstone)!! I really don't wanna fry this thing, it was too expensive (not to mention rare).

I'm running Uberkernel, but just at the standard 1.4 frequency (stock 2.2.4 was giving me crazy amounts of TMC errors).