Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    How do you see the status of my order?

As I don't remember being asked for a password?

When I first ordered I could see the status, but now a few days later maybe the cookie has expired and I'm needing a password

mmmmh
    Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    My order is on its way.

Edit: It's here!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by kanaka; 08/30/2011 at 06:41 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by local.bin View Post
    How do you see the status of my order?

As I don't remember being asked for a password?

When I first ordered I could see the status, but now a few days later maybe the cookie has expired and I'm needing a password

mmmmh
    I had the same problem but I just have them a call and they were able to give me my UPS tracking number. The Phone arrived as expected on Friday and I had a nice long weekend to get things transferred over.

I have transferred my old profile and apps to the Pre3 and set up a new profile for my Pre- after downgrading to 1.4.5 (2.1.0 just wasn't stable on it).

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Cleverboxes.com are a very unethical and dishonest company. They cancelled my order stating that my card got declined and this is after they have put authorizations on my card for almost GBP 4000. Do keep in mind, that I had received a confirmation email from them regarding the order, with a shipping date and shipper mentioned in the confirmation email. They also never bothered to inform me that they ahd cancelled my order, It is only today, after four days when I contacted them to find out the status of my order, that they informed me that they have caqncelled my order due to the card being declined. When I pointed otu to them that there are authorizations for almost GBP 4000 on my cards from them, they said they have not put any authorizations. Basically they are suggesting that the bank is lying. What I would like for them to explain, is how in the world would the bank even know of 'cleverboxes', to pin the authorizations on them.
    Last edited by Sanjay; 08/30/2011 at 08:20 AM.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    ^
    Sorry about your experience FWIW Cleverboxes haven't even charged my account yet i have a Pre3 in my hands now as promised.
    The status of my order hadn't updated on the website to show my UPS tracking number.
    Just replied to my order confirmation email asking whether it had been dispatched & what my tracking number was. They replied almost straight away with the info - had been dispatched on friday & delivered to my home this morning. Get in touch with them - they've been very helpful to me throughout.
    I would agree that they are very helpful if you call them. The guy I spoke to asking my order status joked that he could guess that I had ordered a Pre3 or Touchpad before he even looked. I think the whole HP firesale thing has been a big deal for them which has rushed them off their feet but they are in good humour and always ready to help.

I don't know how to feel hearing you guys relate your satisfactory experiences with 'cleverboxes', considering I have been left high and dry due to their unethical and unprofessional behaviour. The worst is that I am now left with no options to be able toget the Pre 3 qand this is evenmore frustrating since I had been sitting content for the last four days, thinking I shall soon have a Pre 3 in hand.

PS: Any ideas on how and where I can source a Pre 3 from? I am in India and have been using the help of a friend in UK to source the Pre 3.

Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    I don't know how to feel hearing you guys relate your satisfactory experiences with 'cleverboxes',
    I don't know why you think that 4000 worth of Pre-Auths benefits CleverBoxes in any way. They dont see any money from Pre-Auths. It's more likely there was a problem placing the order and it was tried multiple times.
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
    Quote Originally Posted by RedMist View Post
    I don't know why you think that 4000 worth of Pre-Auths benefits CleverBoxes in any way. They dont see any money from Pre-Auths. It's more likely there was a problem placing the order and it was tried multiple times.
    I am not suggesting that it benefuits them in anyways. The issue is of them denying having placed those authorizations and then telling me that my order has been cancelled due to my card, actually my friend's card, being declined. This after they having confirmed my order for atleast 'ONE' Pre 3 over the phone and also by email. To make matters worse, they did not even deem it neccesary to inform me that they have cancelled the order. It is only when I contacted them today, four days later to inquire about the status of the order, that they informed me that the order has been cancelled. Even if, and this is a BIG if, there was a problem with the card, they could have informed me and allowed me to provide an alternate form of payment. Instead of simply cancelling the order.

PS: Can you please explain to me how there are almost GBP 4000 worth of charges/authorizations in the name of cleverboxes on the card, if they are not the one's who made the transactions. For them to deny these charges/authorizations, which by the way are easily provable, let alone take responsibility for them, suggest a rather unethical standards of doing business. Due to their unprofessional and unethical behaviour, i am now left with no option to get the Pre 3.

Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    I am not suggesting that it benefuits them in anyways. The issue is of them denying having placed those authorizations and then telling me that my order has been cancelled due to my card, actually my friend's card, being declined. This after they having confirmed my order for atleast 'ONE' Pre 3 over the phone and also by email. To make matters worse, they did not even deem it neccesary to inform me that they have cancelled the order. It is only when I contacted them today, four days later to inquire about the status of the order, that they informed me that the order has been cancelled. Even if, and this is a BIG if, there was a problem with the card, they could have informed me and allowed me to provide an alternate form of payment. Instead of simply cancelling the order.

PS: Can you please explain to me how there are almost GBP 4000 worth of charges/authorizations in the name of cleverboxes on the card, if they are not the one's who made the transactions. For them to deny these charges/authorizations, which by the way are easily provable, let alone take responsibility for them, suggest a rather unethical standards of doing business. Due to their unprofessional and unethical behaviour, i am now left with no option to get the Pre 3.
    Did you place the order online? The following only applies if so....

When you place an order online, if you make a mistake (say with your address, or postcode) then the card can have a Pre-Auth on it, until the problem is fixed. If you subsequently try again, with the same problem, or a different one, another Pre-Auth can be applied. This can all happen WITHOUT the knowledge of the supplier.

On the other problem you had, with lack of communication from CleverBoxes. That's annoying. Not unethical, just annoying.
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
    You need to remember that cards are always handled by a third party so that Cleverboxes never see you details or place any blocks on your account so it entirely possible (likely even) that they are telling the truth and have no orders or card details for you.

I have to wonder why, after numerous failed attempts, you didn't try paypal. That's my first choice for any online transaction when available as it means I don't have to enter card details.

just got my delivery from cleverboxes today with what seemed the slowest UPS delivery ever (ordered 25th), but no matter, ist here, and works well and i enjoy it, was quite surprised to see a ton of compatable apps auto download when i added my profile.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Mine was waiting for me when I got home today, in the dullest grey plastic bag. Was hoping for something diamond encrusted considering the rarity of the beast within
    Quote Originally Posted by RedMist View Post
    Did you place the order online? The following only applies if so....
    Actually, the initial attempts to order were made online. But the final order was placed over the phone, since for some reason the online order would just not go thru. At this time an order for 'TWO' Pre 3s was placed. A little later they called to state that there was an issue with getting aproval on the card and they were able to only get an aproval for 'ONE' Pre 3. The reason was the credit card had gotten maxed out due to all the other authorizations. Anyhow, the order and payment aproval for 'ONE' Pre 3 was confirmed on the phone and later by email also.

Quote Originally Posted by andyhurley View Post
    I have to wonder why, after numerous failed attempts, you didn't try paypal. That's my first choice for any online transaction when available as it means I don't have to enter card details.
    I don't live in the UK and was dependent on a friend to do all the ordering for me. If it had been me, I might have considered paypal too. But it just was not to be.

PS: I would sincerely appreciate it, if anyone can suggest any ideas as to how and where I might be able to source a Pre 3 from.

Was your friend ordering it with their card, in their name, for delivery to their address in the UK?
    Cleverboxes.com are a very unethical and dishonest company. They cancelled my order stating that my card got declined and this is after they have put authorizations on my card for almost GBP 4000.
    Does your bank offer the ability to create virtual cards? My main CCs are through bank of america and I use their "Safe shopper" functionality all the time, creating seperate credit card numbers for each online transaction with set dollar limits, expiration dates and it also allows me to terminate the numbers at any time. They're also only good for one merchant, if another merchant tries to use it the transaction will be declined. They also have the ability to create a credit card that is good for recurring payments, and only allows 1 charge from 1 merchant per month per card(for a set amount). Handy for subscriptions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Micheloh View Post
    Was your friend ordering it with their card, in their name, for delivery to their address in the UK?
    Yes. My friend placed the order in her name, with her credit card for delivery to her 'billing' address in UK.

Quote Originally Posted by natepre509 View Post
    Does your bank offer the ability to create virtual cards?
    My bank does provide this facility, but I was not the one placing the orders and I don't know whether my friend's bank provides this facility or not. You are right though, this is a nifty service and I should remember to make use of it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12