Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    Anyone tried these?

Both run, but I cant get a connection via my touchpad

Is it just my touchpad?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
    I've tried both connecting my laptop to t'interweb via wifi hub, using 3G. Seems to work, mobile hotspot seems a bit quicker to connect the two devices.

I had a play with USB and bluetooth using freetether but was spectacularly unsuccessful - most probably due to my comic ineptitude.

EDIT: had another go with bluetooth. Doesn't seem to work, although I'm prolly still doing something wrong. I can connect the PC to the bluetooth connection, but freetether doesn't seem to want to send any info back.

Also having issues installing USBnet
    Last edited by Andyf; 08/24/2011 at 12:55 PM.
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    my hotspot works fine on T-mobile USA
    @OP I was driving around yesterday, and thought you might like this
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    @OP I was driving around yesterday, and thought you might like this
    Wow...why would you take a pic of this? LOL. And how coincidental that that's him?
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jcohengd View Post
    Wow...why would you take a pic of this? LOL. And how coincidental that that's him?
    I wish it was me
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
    Woo! Works! So freetether using bluetooth, I'm currently writing on my laptop, connected to the net though a bluetooth PAN, using a wifi (not cellular 3G) connection on my pre3.

For the record, thats using Win XP SP3.

The USB alternative looks messy and requires care, so won't try it given this works.

So for those interested (since I couldn't find any definitive answer on Freetether threads)

-Freetether CAN allow tethered connection using phones wifi
    -However with both Freetether and wifi hotspot, you can't use the phones wifi AND tether using Wifi - you have to use the phones 3G

I haven't tested PC>Bluetooth>FreetetherPAN>3G>WEB yet, but assume it would work

nice sig, RedMist Any luck with Touchpad? were you trying to connect TP>WIFI>WIFIHOTSPOT/Freetether>3G>WEB?

So.... o2 contract+no tethering charge+unlimited data at wifi hotspots+freetether = Free t'interweb!

EDIT: its not what you'd call 'sneaky fast'